I'm changing the language to Portuguese
I enter again and return to stay English
how do i leave portuguese without leaving

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to transfer my old Super Smash Bros. Brawl save file from my old Wii to my new Wii...when I'm installing the save on my new Wii using SaveGame Manager GX as well, I get an error message from the app that says "unable to copy datas".

I believe it's because of a limitation where SGM cannot copy from SD to Wii NAND unless there is already an existing savegame in Wii NAND. i.e SGM cannot create from scratch a savegame file in NAND, it can only overwrite an existing one.

This is a pretty big limitation, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this, or please suggest an alternative savegame manager that does not have this limitation.

I notice a lot of bugs with SGM beta version which make me scared it's going to corrupt something :wtf:

edit: it seems writing to Wii NAND is risky business, so probably safer not to be creating new data in there.

I guess SGM is more useful for backing up your saves in case your Wii has a hardware failure. Then on your replacement Wii you would at least have the ability of restoring them, albeit painstakingly. But the process of backing them up to SD is fast (batch copy) so it's still very nice to have I guess :)

Last edited by NoobletCheese,
Reactions: XFlak

Jaxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have 2 problems with savegame manager gx.

Problem 1: Whenever I have a USB device in my Wii while loading up the application, I get stuck at initializing system, but the moment I take out the USB it unfreezes and loads into the menu. On a side note, I tried the WAD version to see if that would work, but it takes me back to the system menu after a few seconds. Don't know if it's a cIOS problem, but I have the latest version of cIOS 249. I tried turning on use IOS 58 from the SaveGame Manager Gx settings, but that also doesn't work because of problem 2.

Problem 2: The app won't save any of my settings. I have to set custom paths each time I boot it up to reroute to my SD card from USB 8 because it's unable to automatically detect my SD card for some reason. This application is very useful and its hard to find an alternative, but an update to fix some of the quirks would be greatly appreciated(yes I am using rev 127).

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have 2 problems with savegame manager gx.

Problem 1: Whenever I have a USB device in my Wii while loading up the application, I get stuck at initializing system, but the moment I take out the USB it unfreezes and loads into the menu. On a side note, I tried the WAD version to see if that would work, but it takes me back to the system menu after a few seconds. Don't know if it's a cIOS problem, but I have the latest version of cIOS 249. I tried turning on use IOS 58 from the SaveGame Manager Gx settings, but that also doesn't work because of problem 2.

Problem 2: The app won't save any of my settings. I have to set custom paths each time I boot it up to reroute to my SD card from USB 8 because it's unable to automatically detect my SD card for some reason. This application is very useful and its hard to find an alternative, but an update to fix some of the quirks would be greatly appreciated(yes I am using rev 127).

I installed d2x cIOS following this guide, and formatted my USB drive using Wii Backup Manager, and it works for me.

Might be worth running SysCheck to confirm you have those exact 3 cIOS's installed.

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't seem to manage anything in my emu nand. I select 'USB Disk' and browse it, but just see a load of files.

Update - I found the answer. I needed to enable emu nand browser in the settings and point to the nand 01 folder.

Last edited by fandango,

Northrup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My USB stick got corrupted the other day and I had to reformat it again, since then SaveGame Manager GX Beta always freezes on "Loading cIOS249". If I unplug the stick SaveGame Manager GX Beta starts without problems, with the stick plugged in it always freezes at "Loading cIOS249".

I have SaveGame Manager GX Beta from here, on the credits page it says Rev76 IOS249 (Rev6553[the rest is cut off by the screen] and (d2x v10beta52 base5[the rest is cut off by the screen]. I installed cIOS following wiki.guide maybe two months ago.

Last edited by Northrup,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.