Hacking Feedback Sending CFW 3ds to Nintendo for repair

xMusicax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone sent in a CFW 3ds to Nintendo for repair before, id like to know how it went. I'm going to send mine in since it clapped beyond use now. The top screen is stained, the bottom screen doesn't work, and the r button is broken. I don't want to repair it myself because I want it to look brand new when I get it back.

my plan is to simply take out my SD card and send it in as is. hopefully they won't hold select on boot and see luma 3ds idk

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone sent in a CFW 3ds to Nintendo for repair before, id like to know how it went. I'm going to send mine in since it clapped beyond use now. The top screen is stained, the bottom screen doesn't work, and the r button is broken. I don't want to repair it myself because I want it to look brand new when I get it back.

my plan is to simply take out my SD card and send it in as is. hopefully they won't hold select on boot and see luma 3ds idk
Well. id say to check that your console has the ctrnand boot.firm in place so it will even boot. So check that your console boots without a sd card to start.

xMusicax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. id say to check that your console has the ctrnand boot.firm in place so it will even boot. So check that your console boots without a sd card to start.
its boots just fine without an SD looks completely bland and all my cia installed games disappear

E-M-I

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just remove CFW imo i did that when i sent my 2ds for repair (broken card slot only reading one game out of all my 3ds games)
they repaired it for me but now all my games work except for Super Smash Bros XD

kuroraiju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just remove CFW imo i did that when i sent my 2ds for repair (broken card slot only reading one game out of all my 3ds games)
they repaired it for me but now all my games work except for Super Smash Bros XD
I'm surprised you got that to work. I used to think that they checked if CFW was ever installed on a unit at all, but it looks like they only check if CFW is currently on a unit as long as it can boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...