WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So basically what I want is use my android tablet as a display for PS3 games. Since I'm not aware of any tablet that has HDMI-Input, some workaround is needed. There are two possibilities in my mind:

1) Use some sort of an HDMI-to-microUSB adapter to connect my PS3 with my tablet
2) Use a capture card on my PC and stream the output to my tablet

-->1) No idea if this is possible at all. The theory is converting the HDMI signal to a USB signal with an adapter, then forwarding it to my tablet and use an app (which one?) to display the content. Has someone done this before?

-->2) This should be possible though there are concerns over quality and input lag. I don't know where to begin with this. What capture card should I use? Does something like Chromecast work? What software do I use on PC and tablet?

PS: Perhaps someone happens to know a tablet with HDMI-Input? Preferably 5-8 inches. Thanks!

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Number two is a definite possibility although you might need a good/fast internet connection if everything is connected through WiFi.
As for number one. I did a quick Google search and may have found something
HERE although it has a very big screen.
Not sure how it would work as of making the Video Signal appear on the screen of the device but it does say it has a HDMI-in port, I honestly never heard of a tablet with such port.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Number two is a definite possibility although you might need a good/fast internet connection if everything is connected through WiFi.
As for number one. I did a quick Google search and may have found something
HERE although it has a very big screen.
Not sure how it would work as of making the Video Signal appear on the screen of the device but it does say it has a HDMI-in port.
Thanks. But that's 21.5 inches. I need something that I can go to bed with :ph34r:

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Open remote play. Was a project to use PC/MAC as second screen like PSP used to be for PS3.

I guess vita filled that hole?

Suprised that its not been hacked for android tabs same way PS4 remote play is hacked and I can play it on my HUDL2.

Randomdude0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Open remote play. Was a project to use PC/MAC as second screen like PSP used to be for PS3.

I guess vita filled that hole?

Suprised that its not been hacked for android tabs same way PS4 remote play is hacked and I can play it on my HUDL2.

The thing is PS3's remote play is not as good as PS4, the output quality will always drop to 480i with some delays and a LOT of games wont even launch.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The thing is PS3's remote play is not as good as PS4, the output quality will always drop to 480i with some delays and a LOT of games wont even launch.
There are ways to improve compatibility and video quality with editing the param.sfo file. But you can't fix stuttering sound, which is the most annoying thing about PS3 remote play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN