System transfer CFW and installed games.

Bing1093

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3DSXL with Luma and a lot of installed GBC, GBA, NDS, etc. games on it. If I wanted to transfer to another 3DS, what would I need to do to get all my CFW content and games onto the new one?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
System Transfer works just like it does on an unmodded system. Just use the option that lets you move the SD card from one system to the other, and run Faketik on the other 3DS afterwards to restore any software you installed via FBI.

You will of course need to install b9s+Luma on the other system in order to run Faketik. You can install b9s+Luma either before or after doing the System Transfer – but if you do it after, you can use your old encryption seed without having to use Seedminer again. (There are actually methods available for New 3DS units at the moment that don't require Seedminer at all, so that's not particularly important.)

Bing1093

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System Transfer works just like it does on an unmodded system. Just use the option that lets you move the SD card from one system to the other, and run Faketik on the other 3DS afterwards to restore any software you installed via FBI.

You will of course need to install b9s+Luma on the other system in order to run Faketik. You can install b9s+Luma either before or after doing the System Transfer – but if you do it after, you can use your old encryption seed without having to use Seedminer again. (There are actually methods available for New 3DS units at the moment that don't require Seedminer at all, so that's not particularly important.)
It’s been so long since I’ve freshly installed Luma CFW on and on modded system. Has it gotten easier over the years? I remember getting pretty confused trying to mod a Wii U years ago, but I recently did it with tiramisu, and it was super simple, I remember the 3DS being a bit confusing as well with a lot of steps, but maybe it’s been simplified now that the system is pretty much dead, at least I hope so. Hearing that there’s a method without seed miner seems like a good sign.

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It’s been so long since I’ve freshly installed Luma CFW on and on modded system. Has it gotten easier over the years? I remember getting pretty confused trying to mod a Wii U years ago, but I recently did it with tiramisu, and it was super simple, I remember the 3DS being a bit confusing as well with a lot of steps, but maybe it’s been simplified now that the system is pretty much dead, at least I hope so. Hearing that there’s a method without seed miner seems like a good sign.

It's very easy and fast these days, still be sure to read everything very careful and do not skip any step:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

LDigital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Doesn’t this wipe the old unit? Is there a way to make a copy of everything for a second system?
I have a n3ds hacked on luma, it has a sd card full to the brim. I have recently bought a 2ds xl for my son and want to essentially have a copy of everything. Is there a way to copy over a particular folder to a second sd and then use faketix?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn’t this wipe the old unit? Is there a way to make a copy of everything for a second system?
I have a n3ds hacked on luma, it has a sd card full to the brim. I have recently bought a 2ds xl for my son and want to essentially have a copy of everything. Is there a way to copy over a particular folder to a second sd and then use faketix?
No, the data on the SD card is encrypted, and the only reliable way to transfer the encryption key is with a System Transfer. If you want to make a copy of everything, then you should just re-install everything from scratch. If you like, you can dump everything to .cia and then install it on another system using custom-install – but that will of course require you to have enough space on your SD card for all of the dumped .cias.

While you can do a NAND backup before doing the system transfer and then restore the NAND backup afterwards, that causes problems as the System Transfer also transfers the NNID, and the NAND backup will still have that NNID stored within. Accordingly, online features will not work. While no one's ever done conclusive studies as to whether Nintendo will ban your NNID for messing with that, it's not at all difficult to imagine that they might.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3