Homebrew Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes refuses to play on Region Free WiiFlow.

Arrowbow1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes refuses to play on Region Free WiiFlow, I can play any other Japan-exclusive games (Namco's 50 VC Arcade Games, Captain Rainbow, etc.) but TvC fails to launch. Instead it boots me back to the (Japanese) Wii Menu. Is there a way to fix this?

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes refuses to play on Region Free WiiFlow, I can play any other Japan-exclusive games (Namco's 50 VC Arcade Games, Captain Rainbow, etc.) but TvC fails to launch. Instead it boots me back to the (Japanese) Wii Menu. Is there a way to fix this?
You might have a bad dump of it (assuming you're talking about a backup on a hard drive). I can confirm the JPN version of TvC works on a 4.3U Wiiflow.

Arrowbow1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have a bad dump of it (assuming you're talking about a backup on a hard drive). I can confirm the JPN version of TvC works on a 4.3U Wiiflow.
Doing that right now though I prefer a step by step guide on how to install my new dump of TvC to WiiFlow

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend CleanRip for dumping and WiiBackupManager for moving game images from PC to Wii hard drive. General precepts:

FAT32 32k cluster size
wbfs/ folder

If you've got other games working though it's none of the general precepts that are the issue.

Arrowbow1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend CleanRip for dumping and WiiBackupManager for moving game images from PC to Wii hard drive. General precepts:

FAT32 32k cluster size
wbfs/ folder

If you've got other games working though it's none of the general precepts that are the issue.
Can I have a detailed tutorial, because I'm new to CleanRip

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I have a detailed tutorial, because I'm new to CleanRip
There really isn't any detail. CleanRip just dumps the disk image to SD or USB.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/CleanRip

The wiki says follow the on screen instructions.

Do you need help installing homebrew software on your Wii? It goes in the apps folder on the SD card, which is then accessible through the Homebrew Channel.

Arrowbow1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really isn't any detail. CleanRip just dumps the disk image to SD or USB.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/CleanRip

The wiki says follow the on screen instructions.

Do you need help installing homebrew software on your Wii? It goes in the apps folder on the SD card, which is then accessible through the Homebrew Channel.
I really need help with that too I have the d2x cIOS which I installed, but now the WiiFlow does its infamous "Exception (DSI)" error.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really need help with that too I have the d2x cIOS which I installed, but now the WiiFlow does its infamous "Exception (DSI)" error.
Your Wiiflow version is probably multiple years old if you're getting that. You can use ModMii to rehack your Wii if you think something is wrong with your (c)IOS. https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/ And you can update to the newest version of Wiiflow (lite). https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/

Reactions: Arrowbow1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Shubshub
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one