Hacking Discussion "The game card could not be read. Please remove and reinsert it."

Natural

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This started happening about a month or two ago when I upgraded Atmosphere and possible the system firmware as well. The only cartridge I have is Breath of the Wild. I've reinserted it multiple times but that message still appears. Has anyone dealt with anything similar?

EclipseUmbreon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This started happening about a month or two ago when I upgraded Atmosphere and possible the system firmware as well. The only cartridge I have is Breath of the Wild. I've reinserted it multiple times but that message still appears. Has anyone dealt with anything similar?

I had a similar issue after updating to 11.0.1 from 10.0.2.
Had to update my sysnand/stock to the latest version, then it worked.
If you're running cfw on sysnand I don't know if you would need to update officially or through daybreak.

Mine also had the side effect of crashing on boot with a card inserted, so it could be a different issue with yours.

GuglioIsStupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this happen to me before so I tried blowing in the camecard reader (for dust) then licked the cartridge. Then it started working again

Reactions: Natural

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
Could be card reader firmware, could be hardware, I know my cart slot can be dodgy and sometimes needs a couple of goes (annoying because it had never had a cart in up to that point but I digress)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is due to nogc. The way to disable it will differ based upon if you use Hekate or fusee to launch Atmosphere but also be aware that disabling nogc will irreversibly update your cartridge slot rendering it unusable on lower firmware versions. This can be relevant for exploits on lower firmware versions such as a theoretical untethered coldboot exploit that requires a non-updated cartridge slot.

Reactions: Natural

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Shubshub
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys when i get back on discord i'm making my pfp the smug DK face