Hacking Transferring saves to retail cart WITHOUT SavSender?

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use SavSender until I changed my router and now it doesn't work anymore. I've tried to port forward but it isn't working like before, and I can get SavSender to connect to my computer(Without NetCat even running) but it just keeps saying it has an error whenever I try to send the save to the cart.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any program that would allow me to move an R4(Wood) save to my Retail cart(Rhythm Heaven). I do have a 3-in-1 that can also be used, but I'm not sure of anything that does that. Any help would be great, all I can keep finding are SavSender topics.

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used Rudolph's "NDS Backup Tool FTPd" which has the advantage of using FTP so you can use an FTP client instead of "Netcat" or other transfer method. I use v0.11 where the DS acts as FTP server. In earlier versions the DS was a client and you need to setup a server at the PC side. Most saves can be transferred, it only has problems with Heartgold and Soulsilver since these cartridges are a little bit different due to the build in IR port. It can even transfer complete roms (but takes a lot of time, this is slow!).

However I do not think this will solve your problem since also this tool uses WiFi to send the data. There is technically no other way to do it, the DS has not enough internal memory to hold the save file. So the approach is to have a program that is small enough to fit into the internal memory (so the flashcard can be swapped for a retail card while the programs remains running), can make a WiFi connection and handle the transfer protocol, can read/write the save data of a retail cartridge and have a minimal GUI to control the program. This is a challenge to squeeze into the internal memory so there is absolutely no space left to keep any save data. It just reads it and sends it right away.

If you are looking for a solution that does not use WiFi then you need a solution that uses an extra slot 2 cartridge. This slot 2 device has the memory the DS is lacking to store the save data.

Otherwise you need to reconfigure your WiFi router so it accepts the DS again, or use your old router to build a temporary WiFi network. Finally you can change your PC (or another PC) to a WiFi access point using this: Connectify.me (never tested this myself, don't ask) and use that as temporary WiFi network.

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to open up the ports and the DS connects just fine, the problem is when it comes to dumping. The second I try it just says "Error blah blah blah" instantly and just asks if i want to Dump or Restore again. I can't find a single way to fix it.

I've tried using eepinator but it wouldn't work for some reason(Couldn't find FAT or something like that, I'm using a 3-in-1 though.)

I also tried using Rudolph's NDS Backup (Wifi) and that also didn't work. It would connect to the access point but it wouldn't connect to the FTP server even though I port forwarded.

I'm running out of options here, and I really want to transfer my save to my retail cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I tried making chocolate lava cakes the other day in cupcake pan, what a mess, my lava exploded...