Hacking Trying to add/update cheats for M&L:BiS DX

Setnour6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using Old 3DS XL with Luma3DS CFW and basic programs taught from the easy 3ds hacking guide (can't link). This includes boot9strap and all else shown.

Description

I am trying to update the cheat list for Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey in any way I can using either Action Replay or another suitable program for the 3DS, given that the game is now on version 1.2 for me.
I can try to do it via Citra Emulator (can't link) using hex editing and memory manipulation (I assume you know what (programs) I am referring to), but I do not know how exactly I can do it there.

- I attempted to initialize and install Luma3DS 9.1 with Plugin Loader and the ActionReplay program from the CTRPF AR repo (can't link), but to no avail.
- I installed the alternate version of ActionReplay but it still failed.
- I made sure I followed all steps and ways, but still nothing worked (with opening action replay and cheat-writing and whatnot).
- I am also using the latest version of Luma3DS (in this case, the 12.x series as of the time this was written), given that the above failed for me, but loading any form of cheat and hex editing function did not work at all.

I do plan on following directions from (can't link, video title is "How to Add/Make Cheats for ANY 3ds Game"), but I don't want to mess up my SD Card directories.
I didn't install the blank template yet, but I forgot how exactly it should be done, and I lost the page for it. it ends in .3gx file extension.

Here is what I have on the card as of this post:
1683679399739.png

Note: Save Tool outright fails, I wanted to use it for the original M&L:BiS game forwarded to my 3DS but I kept getting told that the game doesn't exist.

So with that out of the way, what should I do? Is there anything that needs to be done to make Action Replay or anything else load? Please let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto