Hacking [Tutorial] Installing Clean CIAs with 4.5 CFW

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep holding the L Button (In this case, R... Tweaked PBT boot.bin) but I can't get to install BBM... I was able to 4 days ago, but now I can't... Any help? If it helps, the bottom screen flashes white and it brings me back to the Home Menu, but it won't allow me to actually install the CIA of BBM... I keep getting "failed to connect".

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you install one of these games that isn't in your eShop purchased list, do the process listed in the OP, and then the game will appear in your eShop purchased list without actually purchasing the game?

... If your NANDs were linked, you can redownload the legit CIAs from the eShop on your emuNAND. Or, you can format emuNAND again like before and redownload them.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can install it, but it will not work without some kind of hack, so it's the same of installing a not clean CIA

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. At this point, you should have a 4.5 sysNAND and an emuNAND bootable at version 9.6, with the CIAs installed. Boot into it, and launch every game once. Open the eShop and check downloaded software just for good measure. I personally did not do this step, but it is recommended.
  2. Now, get another SD Card. This could be the SD you used to make another emuNAND. However, it won't work if this SD has the emuNAND unlinked from your sysNAND. If they're unlinked, you cannot merge these two emuNANDs. You will have to stick with 1 SD for the emuNAND we just made, and one with the one you already had.
  3. If your NANDs were linked, you can redownload the legit CIAs from the eShop on your emuNAND. Or, you can format emuNAND again like before and redownload them.
If there are any issues with the guide, please inform me. However, these steps should be relatively safe except for the update part, which is a mixed bag. Check the rxTools thread to see the reports on updating sysNAND accidentally.

May you be a little more specific on this part? I need it nice and easy to understand because I don't want to mess up this part. I have the Cia's installed on Emunand 9.6, but I don't know what specifically to do next.

Edit: Figured it out. Took me a while to realize what it was saying. Thanks for the guide! :)

Lawa Ye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Palantince cfw, I have installed rxTools and everything but when I go into the RX-E 9.6 EmuNand I cant see my legit cias. If I go into app management I see them but it only offers deleting them. Help Please, been at this for days...

He4TS3eKeR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do I need to do this whole process if I already have Palentine CFW and Bluebox installed? If not, what steps do I follow?
Also I still find it kind of vague what "clean cia's" really means. Does it mean they could be with any firmware requirement?
And how do I distinguish them?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1