Twilight Menu++ not working after update?

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just updated Twilight Menu++ on my flashcart for my ds lite, using the recommended instructions from the ds homebrew wiki, and put it onto the flashcart. Now when I start up my ds, it loads to a language and region setup for Twilight Menu, then "prepares music" and after that it shows a white screen. When I turn it off and on again it prepares the music again and goes to the white screen. Does anyone know what is happening?

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it means anything, this is my flashcart.
36b9fa17e8ae46e82931c9464ca73043.jpg

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How come you use TwilightMenu++ with that flashcart? Yeah, I know it also works with flashcarts but it is usually recommended for SD slot of a DSi. Anyway after it prepares the music and the screen is white it takes a long time to load the software; have you waited long enough?
For my part, with that r4 I would rather recommend YSMenu, what most players use with it: it is simple but effective.

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How come you use TwilightMenu++ with that flashcart? Yeah, I know it also works with flashcarts but it is usually recommended for SD slot of a DSi. Anyway after it prepares the music and the screen is white it takes a long time to load the software; have you waited long enough?
For my part, with that r4 I would rather recommend YSMenu, what most players use with it: it is simple but effective.

I use Twilight Menu++ because it looks a lot better and has a lot of features. After the white screen, I waited about 10-20 minutes and nothing happened. Before the update it would take about 5 seconds to load, without a "preparing music" message.

• Sad
Reactions: Nikokaro

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may need to reset settings. I forgot the button combo. @RocketRobz
You hold A+B+X+Y immediately after starting TWLMenu++.
I solved the problem, I just got back the old version and it booted in 5 seconds like normal
The new version works fine for me on flashcards, so idk why it keeps showing the "Preparing music" screen for you, when it worked fine in the previous version.
Try updating again, and then delete "settings.ini" at "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/". If it shows the "Preparing music" screen again or just white screens, then idk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong