Hacking Unable to enable wireless communication

ColonelThirtyTwo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a similar issue. Trying to connect to the wifi would show the 003-2099 Wireless communication is currently disabled. Disabling the wifi and reenabling it, the wifi LED would fade off to on, then blink about 3 times before remaining solid.

I narrowed it down to 802.11r fast transition being enabled on my wireless access point running OpenWRT. Turned it off and the device connected OK.

Lee166

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having the same issue on my 2ds xl says wifi is enabled but it's gray when I go to connect to a wifi connection I get the error 003-2999 and I have the issue of the lid not awaking from sleep properly is their still not a fix for this?

jimmypython

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update:

I tried a couple of things and setting WIFI security to "WPA-PSK(AES)" seemed to fix the problem.

Update 2:

Now my router default "WPA2-PSK(AES)" works again...I think it might have been resetting my wifi router that did the trick

So the bottomline is, at least in my case, that it was NOT because of the wifi was disabled, or a 3DS console issue. It was a very misleading error message.

Last edited by jimmypython,

Kevinimg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

I tried a couple of things and setting WIFI security to "WPA-PSK(AES)" seemed to fix the problem.

Update 2:

Now my router default "WPA2-PSK(AES)" works again...I think it might have been resetting my wifi router that did the trick

So the bottomline is, at least in my case, that it was NOT because of the wifi was disabled, or a 3DS console issue. It was a very misleading error message.
I tried to do this and my 2ds froze, mine keeps freezing when I want to delete a connection, when I put the camera. I don’t know what’s wrong with it, it says to enable wireless communications but it’s already on, and the yellow light is always on?? It’s so confusing.

Lee166

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been having the error code 003-0299 ever since I modded my system but I think tonight I found a solution I was able to fix my own system by doing this I guarantee nothing for you but it's worth a shot, if you have not already install universal updater once you have done that open it up, in efforts to trying to fix my issues I only installed three applications tonight wifi slots manager, wifi status checker,3ds tool I ran wifi checker and noticed my wifi back and connected I say to install those because maybe you can recreate what I did tonight hopefully this helps
Post automatically merged:

I tried to do this and my 2ds froze, mine keeps freezing when I want to delete a connection, when I put the camera. I don’t know what’s wrong with it, it says to enable wireless communications but it’s already on, and the yellow light is always on?? It’s so confusing.
if you dont already install universal updater

SlydWeis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a similar issue. Trying to connect to the wifi would show the 003-2099 Wireless communication is currently disabled. Disabling the wifi and reenabling it, the wifi LED would fade off to on, then blink about 3 times before remaining solid.

I narrowed it down to 802.11r fast transition being enabled on my wireless access point running OpenWRT. Turned it off and the device connected OK.
Thank you!
I've been working on a multi AP setup across my house and other locations using OpenWRT.
This fixed it for me.

riddim_glitch

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there. sorry to open this thread again, but this is one of few places I could find conversation about this particular issue. My partner spontaniously baught a 3DS today so they could join me in my 3DS shenanigans. But in order to get connected they need an internet connection. I told them to try the toggling the power thing, and they responded with
> It only flickered once as it came back on
> now it's flickering in a pattern of two
I noticed that the steady pattern of two blinks is similar to how mine behaves, so I suggested they try again, they said it immediately errored again, Same error code, `003-0299`. "Please enable wireless communitcation".

Any ideas?

Zoomer88

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi everyone. I've spontaneously stumbled upon this thread. Just my two cents: my new 3ds xl absolutely doesn't love when my router advertises wpa3 support (i.e. wpa2+wpa3). The error is the same. Only if I set the encryption to wpa2 mode explicitly the 3ds would connect. The workaround for that is to create a separate wlan for such devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2