Hacking unbricked my n2dsxl but now I can't update

djwyman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so today while I was waiting in line at my kid's school to pick him up I fired up my system and accidently updated the thing without updating luma and then I really borked it when I tried to restore my nand and was getting a Unable to mount CTRNAND error. I got home and used CTRTRANSFER to get back up and running but now I am running 11.5 so I was going to update it back to the most current update now that I have updated luma but it will not let me update. Does anyone know how to update now or could tell me what to try to get my system to update?

D

Deleted User

You should restore a CTRNAND backup from before updating and then use GodMode9 to copy 0:/boot.firm to 1:/boot.firm.

Last edited by ,

djwyman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up getting it working last night I used CTRTRANSFER type d9 and after that I was able to update everything. the only thing I wasn't able to do is restore my huge list of CIAs I had instlalled so I am having to start over on those which sucks in a way and is ok in others because I had some games I didn't play that were just taking up space just to say they were there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys why the hell is my internet connection so shit rn?