Gaming What is the biggest SD card for the Wii console?

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bigger the SD card storage, the bigger the pain when it fail... Use and external HDD with a Y-USB cable instead.

Unless I've missed some major development you still have to run Gamecube games off SD cards with Nintendont. A Wii U formatted HDD is only good for Wii U games.

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read what you've got in bold he's asking for SD card suggestions not a hard drive. Why would one ask that specifically? If his existing HDD is formatted as WBFS it can only be used for Wii games, same goes for a Wii U formatted drive. Nintendont is only compatible with FAT32. If OP was already using an NTFS drive he could add a FAT32 partition to it but I don't think that's the case here since he's not asking for information on how to do that. Unlike a decade ago large capacity SD cards that can fit the GC library are pretty cheap these days. Also for anyone using Wii mode on Wii U its a hassle having to maintain two different hard drives and making sure the correct one is plugged in during boot. SD cards can sometimes just be an easier solution.

Last edited by raging_chaos,

bitleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The bigger the SD card storage, the bigger the pain when it fail... Use and external HDD with a Y-USB cable instead.

Do SD cards fail more often than HDD? I'm using a SD card with Nintendon't since years and I never had any problem. Gamecube games are not very big when you shrunk them you can put a lot in a 32GB card.

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do SD cards fail more often than HDD?

Only if you write tons of GB worth of data to it on a daily basis, that will wear out the flash faster than normal. Reading from one doesn't degrade a card, at most all we are doing is writing small save files to them. Flash memory from 10-15 years ago sucked but that's not the case with modern memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...