WII RetroArch non working controller for many old computers cores

alextp7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I'm trying ti use my WII to play old computer stuff in 240P with Retroarch, C64, Amstrad CPC, Spectrum ...
Most cores loads well but there is one huge problem with the Wiimote, most of the times the default settings just don't work, or work for just a few buttons. It's even weird because most of the time up/down/left/right directions don't work if affected to their respective buttons on the Wiimote, but if for example I set them to other buttons of the Wiimote, it may work. It will really drives me crazy and I tried several Retroarch releases and some very old. I tried to change as many settings I could on Retroarch but nothing works. Could it be possible that the bios to hack my Wii (or whatever it is called) is the cause of the problem ?

PS : I've got another request too, I tried to make the Hatari core (Atari ST) works for years, tried several Retroarch releases, tried several TOS images, but I've never made it work, plain black screen. I know the guy who made the core had it work on his Wii, but it was a long time ago, I can't find anything on Google, just a few people telling it doesn't work for them too ...

THANK YOU !

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm trying ti use my WII to play old computer stuff in 240P with Retroarch, C64, Amstrad CPC, Spectrum ...
Most cores loads well but there is one huge problem with the Wiimote, most of the times the default settings just don't work, or work for just a few buttons. It's even weird because most of the time up/down/left/right directions don't work if affected to their respective buttons on the Wiimote, but if for example I set them to other buttons of the Wiimote, it may work. It will really drives me crazy and I tried several Retroarch releases and some very old. I tried to change as many settings I could on Retroarch but nothing works. Could it be possible that the bios to hack my Wii (or whatever it is called) is the cause of the problem ?

PS : I've got another request too, I tried to make the Hatari core (Atari ST) works for years, tried several Retroarch releases, tried several TOS images, but I've never made it work, plain black screen. I know the guy who made the core had it work on his Wii, but it was a long time ago, I can't find anything on Google, just a few people telling it doesn't work for them too ...

THANK YOU !
With newer releases of RA, many cores require using either GameCube or Classic controller. In some cases Wiimote+Nunchuk will work (FBA Cores).

If you really prefer Wiimote only, my advice would be to download and install the WiiFlow Lite plugins pack (many older core versions are included that allow for Wiimote) or to download and install SuperrSonic RA Hexaeco Mod.

Reactions: alextp7

alextp7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With newer releases of RA, many cores require using either GameCube or Classic controller. In some cases Wiimote+Nunchuk will work (FBA Cores).

If you really prefer Wiimote only, my advice would be to download and install the WiiFlow Lite plugins pack (many older core versions are included that allow for Wiimote) or to download and install SuperrSonic RA Hexaeco Mod.

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll give it a try someday.

Yesterday I was hopeless with the WII so I tried to make an old PC with Windows XP working with Soft 15Hz and a DIY scart cable. It works perfectly and I can now run any 8/16 bits computers and consoles in 240P.

I've got a real Amiga, Atari ST and also an Amstrad CPC, so I know how it looks really. I can't see any difference between the real and the emulated hardware on the TV output, it's pretty impressive so I'll stick with the PC solution for now.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8