Wii WODE Power Supply Question please.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If the WODE is powered by two USB 2.0 ports, it should stay below 1A in total. Any power supply should be able to handle it.

What do you need the USB ports for anyway when having this beautiful thing on a Wii? Homebrew from SD, backup loading from WODE.

Yes, I'm jealous. Local private sellers are wannabe rip-off artists and offer standard Wii consoles for too much money, Never with a nice modchip, Sundriver or even a WODE.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If the WODE is powered by two USB 2.0 ports, it should stay below 1A in total. Any power supply should be able to handle it.

What do you need the USB ports for anyway when having this beautiful thing on a Wii? Homebrew from SD, backup loading from WODE.

Yes, I'm jealous. Local private sellers are wannabe rip-off artists and offer standard Wii consoles for too much money, Never with a nice modchip, Sundriver or even a WODE.

What do you want to power supply with this? Your Drives?
For using Accessories like Microphones and that Things.:)

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For using Accessories like Microphones and that Things.:)
I totally forgot that the Wii USB ports have an official usecase -- rather than backup loading only.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Wii Sing Games uses USB Microphones.:)
I see, so basically you want to hook this adapter to one port and it'll feed two external ports?

I personally think the voltages won't match.

USB 3.0 might handle it as I believe it has 12 volts. And USB 2.0 is 5 volts.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Okay, but how is the console supposed to know something is using the USB when the USB ports are free? :unsure:

I don't get that (also just woke up)
So,I hope your are awake now,Juanita.💖😊

You maybe know how a WODE works,my Friend ?

P1020608.JPGP1020607.JPG

It is simple explained,a Drive "Add On"....very old (around 10 - 12 Years) but very nice.
There is a Chip in the Wii and it is connected to the Socket.
There is also an LCD Display,a SD Card Slot,a USB Port and a "Joystick" to select and play GameCube and Wii Games or Rip Games to SD Card or USB Device (Stick or HDD) via the LCD Display.
(There is an Option,with that you can "beam" the LCD Screen Content to the Wii via an Channel and use an GameCube Controller to operate)

And as you see,it needs the 2 USB Ports for correct Working.Only for the Power - no Data !!!
(The Wode has many more Features,but...you know,the main Thing is - Playing Games)

You put your ISO´s on the SD Card or USB Device and play it via the
Official Wii Disc Channel on the Menu Screen.
Simple....no Discs needed
Region Free until your Wii System Version is not higher than 4.1x

BUT the best Thing,the USB Device is connected to the WODE Socket NOT to the Wii.

So,if the USB Power comes from an Power Socket / Adapter,the 2 USB Ports are free to use for playing Sing / Guitar Games or whatever Game uses USB Accessories.
Like on a regular unmodded Wii.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3