Tutorial  Updated

Alternative CMD (TP 253) Pinout?

Hello Temp!! Hope Someone could help me! Accidentally broke CMD Pinout by pulling my mod with a really badly pulse... if someone could say me if there is another pinout where I can put the mod or where can I scrape to uncover the copper and solder... please!! I tried to downgrade it and got a Brick, can't enter in Recovery Mode, fortunately I've made this mod and backup my NAND.... but now this is my problem... T- T Thanks in advance

EDIT: Forgot to mention this is a 3DS XL... I'll upload some pics

EDIT 2: Sorry for the post on a wrong place, can some moderator move to the right place, please

EDIT 3: Some pics:

3ds_xl_cmd_broken_by_maxlempira-d9snlr5.jpg

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
those wires are no good for soldering , that's why you lifted those pads
you have to use souple wires , or just get some tinny wires from a motor or a inductence or a transformer , those are suited for you
and i told you to use tape to fix the wires....you are gonna lift the dat0 too XD XD
as for the clk point , it's in the pic , (that wire is covering the resistor)

exemple of wires to use : like those used in the sound volume switch in o3ds

Attachments

• _dsc0125_by_maxlempira-d9sqnbp.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 447
Last edited by mitroux,

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
OP
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
those wires are no good for soldering , that's why you lifted those pads
you have to use souple wires , or just get some tinny wires from a motor or a inductence or a transformer , those are suited for you
and i told you to use tape to fix the wires....you are gonna lift the dat0 too XD XD
as for the clk point , it's in the pic , (that wire is covering the resistor)

exemple of wires to use : like those used in the sound volume switch in o3ds
I have used tape and electric isolate, and even I use it to isolate the points from other conacts, but take off them to take the picture, so, should I use phone cable for the mod?? I have some red and black wires, like those of electric motors, but they are the same size of these orange wires, we had an electric cut in the zone... So I'll take a rest from this while it end, thanks again

Edit: So, CLK is one down and one right from CMD??

EDIT 2: Does it care if I solder on the other side of the resistor? Or it work only from one side??

mammastuffing

Trophies
XP
Country
Also; those solder joints are dull, they should be shiny. Are you using flux?

If you can't set the temperature of the soldering iron I recommend you get a proper soldering iron. No more than 350C should be used.

HIGH TEMPERATURES CAN CAUSE THE PADS TO LIFT.

Last edited by mammastuffing,

Spore2

Trophies
XP
Country
the point that spore2 mentioned is wrong....also don't heat that resistor too much or you can lift it ; better use a smalllllll wire and a thin solder iron

I checked the CMD terminal pointed by Mitroux and me. Both connect to CMD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I get wires from old flat IDE cables since those were really designed to carry data signals.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used tape and electric isolate, and even I use it to isolate the points from other conacts, but take off them to take the picture, so, should I use phone cable for the mod?? I have some red and black wires, like those of electric motors, but they are the same size of these orange wires, we had an electric cut in the zone... So I'll take a rest from this while it end, thanks again

Edit: So, CLK is one down and one right from CMD??

EDIT 2: Does it care if I solder on the other side of the resistor? Or it work only from one side??

You need like 30 gauge wire mate. With wire gauge as you are using, any movement of the wire can stress the contact enough to rip it out. Quit while you're DS still works

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
You need like 30 gauge wire mate. With wire gauge as you are using, any movement of the wire can stress the contact enough to rip it out. Quit while you're DS still works
Ok, I'll try with some IDE wires, to give me an idea, the wires I'm using which gauge are?

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
man , look around you , any usb cable , non working hdmi cable , a printer cable , coil wires (i am sure you have a phone charger not working or just a motor around you , you can rip them and get the coil inside to solder to your 3ds

Attachments

• ultra fine rectangular enameled wire.jpg
    ultra fine rectangular enameled wire.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 671
  • bobine-elettriche.jpg
    bobine-elettriche.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 427

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I'll continue with this, but this time I'll go with a "Electronics Technician" (I don't know they are called on english) and on it's store I'll reinstall my NAND and downgrade it to be sure I won't need the mod anymore :P just to be sure, I'll use Ethernet Wires for resistor and Dat0 Pinout, is it everything alright with this?

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
if you will let 'an electronic tech ' do the job , they will know which wires to use
ethernet wires are no go , they will lift the remaining points XD

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
if you will let 'an electronic tech ' do the job , they will know which wires to use
ethernet wires are no go , they will lift the remaining points XD
he in fact know, but... I think my 3DS is already dead, I'm getting the error code 000040 or something, which I know is for "NAND Not Found" Error... and I really don't know and get tired of all this mess -, -

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT: The CMD and the CLK in my console are shortcircuited by a layer of copper. I think in doing this for the CMD:

2f7647f79b3c8a622837d1d91a868eae.png

It can be OK? (My console its an O3DS XL)

he in fact know, but... I think my 3DS is already dead, I'm getting the error code 000040 or something, which I know is for "NAND Not Found" Error... and I really don't know and get tired of all this mess -, -

My unit has the same fucking error. The BOOTROM 8046 00F800FE ended in 00400,and im sure that the NAND itself isnt broken. AFAIK,its normal. The CMD sends instructions to the console processor. If it fails (in my case an shortcircuit),it cant recognice the NAND.

Last edited by yacepi15,

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
EDIT: The CMD and the CLK in my console are shortcircuited by a layer of copper. I think in doing this for the CMD:

2f7647f79b3c8a622837d1d91a868eae.png

It can be OK? (My console its an O3DS XL)

My unit has the same fucking error. The BOOTROM 8046 00F800FE ended in 00400,and im sure that the NAND itself isnt broken. AFAIK,its normal. The CMD sends instructions to the console processor. If it fails (in my case an shortcircuit),it cant recognice the NAND.
Nope, no yet, I'm lookong for a resistor, wich I broken trying to solder the clk wire, That's why it shows that error to me, hope my eMMC it's ok :S actually I found an unusable RAM (DDR 256Mb) which apparently have the same resistors, I'll go with a tec "master" to try to revive my console once for all.

As for your 3DS, it won't be better if you cut the copper between the pinouts? For sure that's why it gives you the error. But, I think that cutting off that part on your image, it would have any problem, if it's bricked, cut it, and power up your console, it should get stucked on black screens, in theory. As far as I know, these pinout are just that, pinouts, and it would no give you any problem by cutting them, but I'm not 100% sure of this, maybe from there is where they go to the resistors... I'll discover it on these days... :S

My advice is try to cut the cooper between those pinout first, that should work better than taking apart the slot 1

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope, no yet, I'm lookong for a resistor, wich I broken trying to solder the clk wire, That's why it shows that error to me, hope my eMMC it's ok :S actually I found an unusable RAM (DDR 256Mb) which apparently have the same resistors, I'll go with a tec "master" to try to revive my console once for all.

As for your 3DS, it won't be better if you cut the copper between the pinouts? For sure that's why it gives you the error. But, I think that cutting off that part on your image, it would have any problem, if it's bricked, cut it, and power up your console, it should get stucked on black screens, in theory. As far as I know, these pinout are just that, pinouts, and it would no give you any problem by cutting them, but I'm not 100% sure of this, maybe from there is where they go to the resistors... I'll discover it on these days... :S

My advice is try to cut the cooper between those pinout first, that should work better than taking apart the slot 1
A few people said in another post,its possible that my case will be more complex or unfixable. A photo: (sorry for the trash of image quality)

1a537120ac8d8650b71c91206d04de3b.png

Its safe trying to cut the copper? This another thing its safe?

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
A few people said in another post,its possible that my case will be more complex or unfixable. A photo: (sorry for the trash of image quality)

1a537120ac8d8650b71c91206d04de3b.png

Its safe trying to cut the copper? This another thing its safe?
Ok yeah, it's a bit complicated, that cooper is from al the main board, so you probably would have to isolate all the pinout, which it's the hard part... So, maybe yes, the first option you've mentioned is the best in this case

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok yeah, it's a bit complicated, that cooper is from al the main board, so you probably would have to isolate all the pinout, which it's the hard part... So, maybe yes, the first option you've mentioned is the best in this case
There is no problem cutting the CMD? It doesnt take power from CLK?

Edit: it does. Can that be why if i put power on the CLK it appears in CMD? Isnt shortcircuited? Thanks.

MAXLEMPIRA

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
There is no problem cutting the CMD? It doesnt take power from CLK?

Edit: it does. Can that be why if i put power on the CLK it appears in CMD? Isnt shortcircuited? Thanks.
Mmm I really have no idea of that... I don't know that much about how it works, sorry

EDIT: Sorry if I misundestand, are you saying that regulary CMD takes energy from CLK, or if that's happening with your 3DS, did already have isolated the pinout? I mean, by cutting off the rail of cupper??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey "wuuuuut" is mine, I patented it like yesterday, so No! Bad boy!