'Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero' gets new trailer; revels new roster

dragon ball.jpg

Developer Spike Chunsoft has aired a new trailer for Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero. Aptly titled Master and Apprentice Trailer, this new footage pits masters and apprentices together while also revealing new characters that join the game's roster.

The new trailer adds the following 10 characters to the ever-expanding roster which now has a total of 61 characters announced:
  • Gohan (Kid)
  • Gohan (Adult)
  • Gohan (Future)
  • Gohan (Future), Super Saiyan
  • Trunks (Sword)
  • Trunks (Sword), Super Saiyan
  • Videl
  • Beerus
  • Whis
  • Master Roshi
Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero is in development for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. A release window has yet to be announced.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

MightySashiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is it me or is there a severe lack of innovation in the dbz games? the games litterally all look exactly the same (appart from figherZ). With technology advancements, I would have hoped they'd at last decently invest in some interesting open world... I'm getting old.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool. I miss those 2d games from the snes, but the 3d ones have always had an interesting dynamic compared to other fighting games. Haven't played one since the first one though. not really sure what's different...have they actually changed any or just added characters? Eh, I'll Look forward to the sparkling. always a little fun at least.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or is there a severe lack of innovation in the dbz games? the games litterally all look exactly the same (appart from figherZ). With technology advancements, I would have hoped they'd at last decently invest in some interesting open world... I'm getting old.
The gameplay of this one actually looks quite refreshing and smooth.

There was Raging Blast 2, but that was a long time ago and the graphics looked very plasticky. And okay, there's also been Jump Force although that game is just trash.

I do with they'd make a sequel to AotS. Easily the best DBZ RPG game I've ever played.

We could have had:
"Attack of Freeza"
"Attack of Cell"
"Attack of Majin Boo"

Yeah, AotS was originally a Kai game and Kai was canceled by the Cell arc, then revived in 2014 to cover the Boo arc (the remaster isn't anywhere as good as the original Kai).

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or is there a severe lack of innovation in the dbz games? the games litterally all look exactly the same
I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about lol. We don't have that many dragonball games and they're all (sans the ones from a series) very different. I don't know how you'd be confusing it. It doesn't look anything like fighterz or kakarot or breakers or heroes or fusions... what games are you even saying it "looks exactly the same" to? If you mean the budokai tenkaichi games, that's because it is one, but other than that, they all look and play very different. If you mean in terms of gameplay, it's not very similar to, like, kakarot... or any other non tenkaichi game at all besides xenoverse (which was trying to be similar) so where are "all" the games you're referring to...

Last edited by samcambolt270,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about lol. We don't have that many dragonball games and they're all (sans the ones from a series) very different. I don't know how you'd be confusing It doesn't look anything like fighterz or kakarot or breakers or heroes or fusions... what games are you even saying it "looks exactly the same" to? If you mean the budokai tenkaichi games, that's because it is one, but other than that, they all look and play very different. If you mean in terms of gameplay, it's not very similar to either xenoverse or kakarot... or any other non tenkaichi game at all besides xenoverse (which was trying to be similar) so where are "all" the games you're referring to...
Probably confusing with Xenoverse 2 which is still alive.

Other than that, there isn't anything else (unless you'd want to dig up 💩 aka JF).

Reactions: The_Ho and DS1

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Developer Spike Chunsoft has aired a new trailer for Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero. Aptly titled Master and Apprentice Trailer, this new footage pits masters and apprentices together while also revealing new characters that join the game's roster.

The new trailer adds the following 10 characters to the ever-expanding roster which now has a total of 61 characters announced:
  • Gohan (Kid)
  • Gohan (Adult)
  • Gohan (Future)
  • Gohan (Future), Super Saiyan
  • Trunks (Sword)
  • Trunks (Sword), Super Saiyan
  • Videl
  • Beerus
  • Whis
  • Master Roshi
Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero is in development for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. A release window has yet to be announced.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

I think that title should be Reveals not Revels. Unless they are reveling in their roster in which case nevermind.

jackieleex3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its just you. I shown my nephew this trailer and he was excited about it.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know i will get this day one, but i'm still worried about offline split screen not being available.
They've not shown anything about it so just hold on, don't give up.
Have there been any GT characters confirmed to be a part of the roster as of yet?
Bandai knows Dragon Ball fans want GT characters. I can't wait to see Kid Goku and Goku SSJ4.

Speaking of SSJ4... Xenoverse 1 kept Vegeta SSJ4 as a pre-order DLC so even if you buy the "Complete Edition" you still don't get it. What bullshit that was!

Even those armors aren't accessible either.

Hopefully they don't do this nonsense with Sparking! ZERO.

Attachments

• 8k681ni4xc581.jpg
    8k681ni4xc581.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 3

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't wait to see 10 variants of Goku and 8 from Vegita

Yeah, this is gonna be Budokai Tenkaichi 3 2 :rofl2:
Post automatically merged:

i know i will get this day one, but i'm still worried about offline split screen not being available.
iirc both Microsoft and Sony ""force"" developers to get rid of the split screen, obviously to make the second player buy the game, so yeah I am 100% certain that this game WON'T come with split-screen, unfortunately

Probably on PC... if not officially, somebody will make a mod for it... hopefully :unsure:
Post automatically merged:

I wonder if they are already working on a Switch 2 version.
Maybe, if they aren't, they surely will

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whis? angels can't fight according to the moduro arc of the manga (or train) plot hole right there they'll die if they use combat (haven't you noticed during goku/vegeta's training he never throws a punch?)

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't wait to see 10 variants of Goku and 8 from Vegita

Yeah, this is gonna be Budokai Tenkaichi 3 2

This game IS Budokai Tenkaichi 4, only that now they go with the japanese title.
English name = Japanese name:
Tenkaichi 1= Sparking
Tenkaichi 2= Sparking Neo
Tenkaichi 3= Sparking Meteor
Tenkaichi 4= Sparking Zero

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
This game IS Budokai Tenkaichi 4, only that now they go with the japanese title.
English name = Japanese name:
Tenkaichi 1= Sparking
Tenkaichi 2= Sparking Neo
Tenkaichi 3= Sparking Meteor
Tenkaichi 4= Sparking Zero
I know bro, i was joking

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1