"Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition", a new NES Remix-like game, launching July 18th

After rumour got out about an upcoming NES Edition release for the famed Nintendo World Championships, Nintendo has officially unveiled the new game, titled "Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition".

The title seems to be similar in gameplay and focus (kind of a successor even) to what the NES Remix titles were in the Wii U, with timed challenges being available from a wide variety of NES titles, like the original The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 & 3, Ice Climbers, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Excitebike and much more, with up to 13 NES games to choose from.

Completed challenges and their times can be shared online to compete for the top spot, a "Speedrun Mode" is included to play for the best possible times, and a "Party Mode" that allows for up to 8 players locally to play at the same time and compete for the best times.

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition will be available on July 18th, 2024, on the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch.
A Deluxe set for the game will also be available, including a golden replica cartridge, 13 art cards for the NES games, 5 pins and the physical game cart for the Nintendo Switch.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"We'd prefer our customers don't use emulators for their speed runs, so we aim to provide a platform for them to speedrun specific levels that we've approved!" /s

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shitty nes games with pointless achievements tacked in at full price! silly nintendo fanboys eating it up too
:rofl2:

Either you forgot that you already made your usual boring shitpost in this topic, or it bothered you to see it get pushed to page one where most people wouldn't see it anymore. You're not even replying to anyone & could have just edited your other post to say how you REALLY feel. :rofl2:

Reactions: Jonna

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
have you attempted blocking him on twitter and muting his name

I have already done that but you got to remember that X is now inconsistent with not showing muted and blocked people. I remember blocking a game developer that retweeted innapropirate content and censored people that talked bad about his game and still saw hmi on my timeline once.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already done that but you got to remember that X is now inconsistent with not showing muted and blocked people. I remember blocking a game developer that retweeted innapropirate content and censored people that talked bad about his game and still saw hmi on my timeline once.
fuck man elon really screwed it up

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Uh uh. Not a whopping three less games. :rofl:
NES Remix was already lacking in variety overall, Nintendo never bothered to license popular third party NES games to remix them, and this is clearly going to be the case again, so removing games does matter, even if it is a single one.

This was one of the main reasons the 3DS version of NES Remix got bashed on release, despite having "Ultimate" in its title it actually had less games and was quite expensive for what it was.

• Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NES Remix was already lacking in variety overall, Nintendo never bothered to license popular third party NES games to remix them, and this is clearly going to be the case again, so removing games does matter, even if it is a single one.

This was one of the main reasons the 3DS version of NES Remix got bashed on release, despite having "Ultimate" in its title it actually had less games and was quite expensive for what it was.

LOL! Stop already. It wasn't bashed on release for having less games. The first had 16, second had 13, and Ultimate had 16 plus Speed Mario Bros and Famicom Remix.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
LOL! Stop already. It wasn't bashed on release for having less games. The first had 16, second had 13, and Ultimate had 16 plus Speed Mario Bros and Famicom Remix.
It was lol, the originals were not even that well received, and Ultimate was the worst one for the exact reasons I mentioned, both from critics and user reviewers, you are probably talking from a parallel universe.

You could buy both NES Remix 1 & 2 for around the same price or even less when it released, it was pointless.

• Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was lol, the originals were not even that well received, and Ultimate was the worst one for the exact reasons I mentioned, both from critics and user reviewers, you are probably talking from a parallel universe.

You could buy both NES Remix 1 & 2 for around the same price or even less when it released, it was pointless.

Dude. You dont know wtf you're talking about and you're using word salad to try to push a false narrative. "Not even that well received"? Ok, sure. Maybe if you think not getting at least and 8/10 on every, single review is "Not even that well received". But the fact is, they were all generally well received and most reviews were favorable. Anyone that wants to look for those facts can easily do so. Secondly, having a version of NES Remix on the 3DS was not pointless as 1 & 2 were not ported to the 3DS. Jeebus, kid. How many times can you unsuccessfully try to move your goal posts before you either just stop responding in defeat or simply admit you're wrong?

Edit: Forgot to point out that no, Ultimate was not the worst one "for the exact reasons I mentioned". How is that possible? You said because it had less games, but it did not have less games. LMAO!

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude. You dont know wtf you're talking about and you're using word salad to try to push a false narrative. "Not even that well received"? Ok, sure. Maybe if you think not getting at least and 8/10 on every, single review is "Not even that well received". But the fact is, they were all generally well received and most reviews were favorable. Anyone that wants to look for those facts can easily do so. Secondly, having a version of NES Remix on the 3DS was not pointless as the 1 & 2 were not ported to the 3DS. Jeebus, kid. How many times can you unsuccessfully try to move your goal posts before you either just stop responding in defeat or simply admit you're wrong?
I stand by my points and I made them very clear:

1. All versions of NES Remix lacks in variety, as they are all based on first party games
2. None of them were that well received
3. The 3DS version is the worst one of the bunch for the reasons I mentioned and it reflects on the overall public opinion

Quite simple to understand, no need to put words in my mouth, done with the discussion.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

1. All versions of NES Remix lacks in variety, as they are all based on first party games
3. The 3DS version is the worst one of the bunch for the reasons I mentioned and it reflects on the overall public opinion

Quite simple to understand, no need to put words in my mouth, done with the discussion.

I did make an edit before you submit your reply but...

1. I can agree on this
2. Not true at all. Overall review scores clearly show all three were generally well received.
3. Your claim was that it was bashed for having less games. That is not true at all either. It in fact did NOT have less games. Did someone technically bash it for that? Perhaps. You'd have to link me to that,. but they'd be a moron because well... you know... it did not have less games. :lol:

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly thought this was going to be free right up until the part where they started talking about the deluxe set.
Because it should have been. If you are paying for their subscription service, this should come bundled in. The very least they could do with their emulators.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After rumour got out about an upcoming NES Edition release for the famed Nintendo World Championships, Nintendo has officially unveiled the new game, titled "Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition".

The title seems to be similar in gameplay and focus (kind of a successor even) to what the NES Remix titles were in the Wii U, with timed challenges being available from a wide variety of NES titles, like the original The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 & 3, Ice Climbers, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Excitebike and much more, with up to 13 NES games to choose from.

Completed challenges and their times can be shared online to compete for the top spot, a "Speedrun Mode" is included to play for the best possible times, and a "Party Mode" that allows for up to 8 players locally to play at the same time and compete for the best times.

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition will be available on July 18th, 2024, on the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch.
A Deluxe set for the game will also be available, including a golden replica cartridge, 13 art cards for the NES games, 5 pins and the physical game cart for the Nintendo Switch.

In the end it basically seems like NES remix from the WiiU and 3DS but now with multiplayer and online elements. Leaving room for more content to be added too.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah the NES Remix games were great imo. 3DS was definitely the worst version seeing it was a combo of 1 and 2 with half the content cut. I'm just happy to have a new game in that style. Lets just hope they make more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhtD6BeBJK4