PSP 3004 in short?

Strong1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello there,

This is my first post in this forum and let me tell you that I'm not professional in Electronic (and I trying to improve my English). I had an PSP 3004 without the charger by years. A few days ago I bought a new charger and a new "original" battery (I don't know how original could be). The thing is that I used my PSP by a day, yes, just a single day and at the night I leaved the PSP charging for enjoy at the next morning.

The problem is that at the next morning I noticed that the PSP wasn't charged and, It refused to charge again. I thought that the charger just burned out but I noticed that the voltage was OK. I decided to check the mainboard fuses and everything appears to be ok.

With the multimeter, checking for continuity, I noticed that is there continuity between positive and negative terminals at the power socket.

When I have the power connected to the mainboard, I noticed that only this module (covered with a metallic conver) is warming (arround 30 grades celcius), I think that is the BMC module:

1.jpeg

I decided to remove the metallic cover and I found that two components apparently blowed up, I don't know if they are fuses, diodes or capacitors:

2.jpeg

This is a zoom for the main chip on that module (sorry for the bad quality, It was taken from my cellphone camera):

3.jpeg

Could you please tellme what is that module in order to try to get a replacement?
Do you have any recommendations?

Best regards,

Carlos Chiriboga

Guayaquil - Ecuador

• Sad
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The thing is that I used my PSP by a day, yes, just a single day and at the night I leaved the PSP charging for enjoy at the next morning.
I'm sorry for your inconvenience, but you should have well known, given your electronic knowledge, that one should not leave electronic devices plugged in overnight. Well, usually, however, you risk shortening the life of the battery, hardly damaging the internal circuitry of the device; you were particularly unlucky. Maybe it was one of those chinese batteries with excessive amperage, or maybe the charger with excessive amperage... 🤔
I hope some technician here can help you.

Strong1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'm sorry for your inconvenience, but you should have well known, given your electronic knowledge, that one should not leave electronic devices plugged in overnight. Well, usually, however, you risk shortening the life of the battery, hardly damaging the internal circuitry of the device; you were particularly unlucky. Maybe it was one of those chinese batteries with excessive amperage, or maybe the charger with excessive amperage... 🤔
I hope some technician here can help you.

Thanks for your reply @Nikokaro... Maybe someone could to tag some of those technician at this community :)

Best regards.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhtD6BeBJK4