SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
So i saw that an user called RickyL1213 released a mod of @retro100's DOSBox-Wii with forced 240p double-strike support.

Maybe this is based in the most recent DOSBox-Wii v1.7x beta4 r4301 dynrec, but the author of this mod clarified that there are no settings available for 240p, so it forces DOSBox to run in Double Strike 240p, and it was only tested on Wii 480i 4:3 mode.

Link: https://github.com/RickyL1213/dosbox-wii-240p/releases/

Greetings ;)

Joseito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hi is there any plans of an update? I'm a big fan of old games and elder scrolls arena looks very slow I'd love to play it on wii. Why there has been so little support for wii?

Asaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, this is awesome. I was going to try to figure this out myself if nobody else did. I wish every emulator supported 240p.
I think it needs a little bit of filtering though, it looks like a big chroma mess via composite. Looks fantastic over component, though!

BTW, after a bit of digging, I figured out from another post that if you set "joysticktype=fcs" in the .CONF file, you can load up DOSBox, hit CTRL+F1, and it'll let you bind arrow keys to the d-pad on the Pro Controller (otherwise binding them seems to have no effect in any game).

I didn't check to see if this messes up games that support analogue joystick, though.

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A new version of DOSBOX for Wii with a much friendlier frontend would be excellent. Perhaps similar to what DB Pure did.

Dosbox Pure

Until now I have managed with Launchbox for MSDOS however it has its limitations and it can be uncomfortable to use it directly in the console.

Launchbox2.0

Asaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until now I have managed with Launchbox for MSDOS however it has its limitations and it can be uncomfortable to use it directly in the console.
On this thread, the third post down, there are some fonts that I have found to be incredibly useful for 240p mode: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=66883
Much, much more comfortable to read.

I haven't bothered trying anything like Launchbox with it, I have a spare USB keyboard that I can plug in.

Reactions: Disorarara

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...