Hacking 3 burnt fuses suddenly 6 burnt fuses, followed all the directions to the T

machinoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't even update. Literally checked, saw it had 3, backed up all the recommended stuff (even the fuses) now it's worthless. Even went so far as to unplug my router. Least I have a cool gift for my niece. My advice: don't use TegraRcmGUI. Completely useless.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't even update. Literally checked, saw it had 3, backed up all the recommended stuff (even the fuses) now it's worthless. Even went so far as to unplug my router. Least I have a cool gift for my niece. My advice: don't use TegraRcmGUI. Completely useless.
Which Payloads have you been using?

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
What did TegraRCMGUI do?

How could it have possibly been the reason

You say you followed a guide to the T? I'm going to assume you mean the upgrade firmware without blowing fuses guide. Let me tell you something about that guide, its horseshit and was created early on, There are much better ways to upgrade firmware without burning fuses these days.

Last edited by TunaKetchup,

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6 Burt fuses = 5.0.0 & 5.1.0. So what exactly is the issue here? If you don’t want to burn fuses in the future I suggest enabling AutoRcm or get a hardmod. Far from useless though. I know the feeling though as I now have 10 burnt fuses thanks to the reboot option my son decided to press while i was checking out Android when it was first release. I was seriously pissed off...

Reactions: Bergot

machinoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never upgraded it, it remained off WiFi. Just bummed because I waited so long for a warm boot option for nothing. Maybe 5 fuse is next in line? Punch in I used as cserhakate as per that outdated web guide. Least I was able to back up they keys and such pre blowing the fusesi that ever becomes useful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

6 Burt fuses = 5.0.0 & 5.1.0. So what exactly is the issue here? If you don’t want to burn fuses in the future I suggest enabling AutoRcm or get a hardmod. Far from useless though. I know the feeling though as I now have 10 burnt fuses thanks to the reboot option my son decided to press while i was checking out Android when it was first release. I was seriously pissed off...
Saddest part is I disabled autorcm so that I could have a nice clean warm boot. I'm an idiot.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never upgraded it, it remained off WiFi. Just bummed because I waited so long for a warm boot option for nothing. Maybe 5 fuse is next in line? Punch in I used as cserhakate as per that outdated web guide. Least I was able to back up they keys and such pre blowing the fusesi that ever becomes useful.

Saddest part is I disabled autorcm so that I could have a nice clean warm boot. I'm an idiot.
>I disabled autoRCM
What firmware were you on when you did that?

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stuff like this just makes me want to check my own fuses to be fair. Except, whenever I've gotten an error booting up I've always been on a Hekate error screen. I've never accidentally booted vanilla firmware because I have always had my NAND intentionally bricked at the start for autoRCM since the beginning (around 5.1.0). It sucks because I could've been on 4.1.0 and done it but you know why I just updated to 5.1.0 beforehand, it was because I didn't 100% know what I was doing and there are still times I'm doing stuff I still don't know what I'm doing so perhaps you slipped up somewhere down the line? We all make mistakes, honestly yesterday I booted my switch up shitting myself because an error appeared only to realise less than a minute later I didn't take the SD card out my PC. Just as well it didn't just **** me over and boot up vanilla instead it just gave an option to power down through the payload I guess.

Perhaps Tegra is garbage, I haven't had many problems with it though but if I wasn't using AutoRCM I guarantee I would mess up using a jig whatever those plastic things with clips were called to boot it up. I ditched that long ago, those things were a pain.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As bad as it feels to burn fuses I believe you will be in a good state. Give it few days/weeks and you’ll wonder why you waited for a cold/ warm boot, well... I personally have a trinket installed! But either way you’ll be ok. It’s better to play what you can then to live wondering how much fun you could be having!!!.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Followed the guide to a T"
"Never upgraded"
"More Fuses burnt"

NO. Not possible. Upgrading firmware is what burns fuses to begin with. Nothing else. At 1 point your firmware WAS UPGRADED. Your fuses burnt BECAUSE it was upgraded and you turned off AutoRCM.

TegraRcmGUI has ZERO to do with any of this. It doesn't touch or run off of your switch. All it does is send the payload.

:wacko:

At any rate, worrying about fuses is completely useless if you ever planned on using legit games and services. RCMloader is a fantastic and cheap device so you can use CWF and such on the go when you need to, and keep your sysnand 100% legit and ban-free (assuming you don't use CFW/Homebrew with it to alter save files and/or cheat).

Last edited by urherenow,

machinoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Followed the guide to a T"
"Never upgraded"
"More Fuses burnt"

NO. Not possible. Upgrading firmware is what burns fuses to begin with. Nothing else. At 1 point your firmware WAS UPGRADED. Your fuses burnt BECAUSE it was upgraded and you turned off AutoRCM.

TegraRcmGUI has ZERO to do with any of this. It doesn't touch or run off of your switch. All it does is send the payload.

:wacko:

At any rate, worrying about fuses is completely useless if you ever planned on using legit games and services. RCMloader is a fantastic and cheap device so you can use CWF and such on the go when you need to, and keep your sysnand 100% legit and ban-free (assuming you don't use CFW/Homebrew with it to alter save files and/or cheat).

machinoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only guess is its
>I disabled autoRCM
What firmware were you on when you did that?
I was on 3.0.0 I'm pretty sure. It had said 3 fuses. Now its 5.1.0... something? Can't even get a google result with my attempts at spelling it. But your post gave me the ideo to reenable autoRCM and it worked! Thank you so much! Is there anything I should know about using it without bricking it/updating the regular system? Back when I used it you just had to make sure to shut it down using SmashRCM.
version.png

Attachments

• version.png
    version.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 181

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only guess is its

I was on 3.0.0 I'm pretty sure. It had said 3 fuses. Now its 5.1.0... something? Can't even get a google result with my attempts at spelling it. But your post gave me the ideo to reenable autoRCM and it worked! Thank you so much! Is there anything I should know about using it without bricking it/updating the regular system? Back when I used it you just had to make sure to shut it down using SmashRCM.View attachment 195776

Never turn off autorcm when updating your switch firmware to avoid burning fuses. The only time you turn off autorcm is only after you downgrade back to your original firmware prior to updating.

Emummc (emunand) is also a more safer option given that you can just update emunand and run said homebrew. Honestly if you already burned your fuses you might as well get a SD card and create an emunand partition to run all your homebrew offline on emummc.

I updated my 3.0 switch by choice because it made more sense to use emummc for my homebrew offline and still be able to enjoy a legit sysnand without worrying about getting banned

I totally recommend switching to setting up emummc if your console isn't banned yet as there is little significance from a user standpoint compared to a devs in still keeping your fuses intact for 3.0 outside than having a reboot to rcm option through pegaswitch (now pegascape) to boot up linux or Android or even emummc.

It's also worth mentioning that your game carts will no longer work on older firmwares if you did accidentally burn enough fuses to trigger the game cart slot fuse to burn too. More of a reason to switch to emummc for all your homebrew

Last edited by konamicode89,
Reactions: machinoman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!! +1