Hacking 3-in-1 + Acekard save issue

Chaosruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I got save issues with my 3-in-1 since I bought it, it managed to save a few times however it deleted it afterwards, I am using AKAIO 1.5.1 last release own engine, it does open the ROM, sometimes does weird sounds however GBATA does the job, I loaded it both to SRAM and NOR RAM and emptied out the RAM few times before trying, I bought another battery and asked an eletricman to solder it in, he did, however he removed the existing legs with wires, stripping me out of the "solderless guide" and I arrived to the thread a little bit too late, are there any options for me to somehow get a new battery, not solder it (I don`t have solder tools), and make my GBA save? strongly apperciated, I will give you picture of my cartiage when I opened it
Quality is not great, cellphone, but you can see that there are no "legs" but rather wires, and something extra to mention, the electricman said that CR1220 is fine, however it needs to be rechargeable, mind if I ask for a store that sells rechargeable CR 1220? since I couldn`t google even one, also, if the circuit indeed recharges the battery, how come my battery ran out? I usually have my 3-in-1 connected to th DS (dust-protector) therefore if my DS battery would be recharged via DC, it has a touch with the cartiage, however I can`t believe it recharges it, it sounds pretty bullshit for me, will I need to buy rechargeable batteries? how do I solder them in? is AKAIO's GBA patching method stable successfull on saving to any person?
btw, when I use GBAexploader, problem still appears however it will always ask me if I want to set this 3-in-1 as default
03032010_001.jpg

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
The CRxxxx batteries are not rechargable, and being Lithium, you don't want to try and force them to recharge or they could explode.

I'd suggest you find yourself someone who plays around with electronics (someone other than the 'electricman' already tried to 'help') and see if they would mind soldering the correct part in there for you.

The correct battery with the solder lugs on it can be purchased online from DigiKey.com (I don't have the part number handy but it's mentioned in another one of the threads...)

Good luck!

-Atashi

Chaosruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Thanks Atashi!
few more question : Is the way he soldered the battery wrong? The battery is a model I`ve been recommanded here to buy (CR1220) and I believe its empty, but can it be that the solder was wrong and therefore thats why the circuit is cut? what kind of people I should look for? [watchmen, jewlers, etcetra]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1