Hacking [360Lizard] What Does COM Passthrough do in the COM Monitor Menu?

atkfromabove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't looked at my 360 lizard in a while but I took it out and updated it yesterday and noticed the COM Monitor Menu. There is no mention anywhere on Maximus website that references the COM Options or anything and since support for their products is over the thread has disappeared as well. Does anyone here know what this does?

I flashed an old drive with the 0800 firmware to rip discs and was hoping this would allow for the drive to be seen on my laptop since I no longer have a desktop.

Also what does the small switch on the front under the casing do? I think it is so weird that there are always things on these hack devices that never get implemented as time goes on. Like the second port on the NAND-X.

CameraZOOM-20151017184905407.jpg CameraZOOM-20151017184915081.jpg CameraZOOM-20151017185220287.jpg CameraZOOM-20151017185238948.jpg

atkfromabove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prolly for upgrading/debugging by the developers.
If it doesn't impair device functions, don't bother with it.
I was just wanting to tinker around with it since my curiosity got the best of me. I like trying to know why the developers did certain things and what their future plans may have been when creating their products.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The NAND-X has a port that's remade to be a programmer port for the early coolrunner chips.
it's most likely some small programmer port for products they might use one day.

atkfromabove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NAND-X has a port that's remade to be a programmer port for the early coolrunner chips.
it's most likely some small programmer port for products they might use one day.
Ha I just went back and installed the LEDs on the bottom of the NAND X that were part of their original plan but got taken out during production.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah fair enough.
I find the normal LEDS already bright enough.

Yeh, let say it saves them 25 cents per unit produce, times 10000, thats 2 and a half grand saved on a production run.
It's like MS with their early Zephyr systems, they forgot to add pads in the DVD drive, the pads where 10 cents or something per drive, it affected a million orso consoles.

Cutting parts from production is sometimes needed, if it doesn't do anything nor adds any functionality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce +1