Hacking 3DS 11.2 Autofirm (for downgrade)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

StandardBus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Autofirm batch program apply to a 11.3 nand.bin dump an old 10.4 NATIVE_FIRM, in which the svchax exploit is still usable.
Once obtained ARM11 Kernel mode code execution (and disabled the anti-downgrade checks, always thanks to the NATIVE_FIRM downgrade) we can install any other firmware.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, the hardmod downgrade really does not work on 11.3. I just tested this by manually injecting 11.2 firm while on 11.3 (xorpads and stuff), and the system doesn't boot(black screen, so firms are not corrupted). are you sure you actually properly wrote the older firm?

Last edited by ihaveahax,

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
@StandardBus, thanks for the quick update!
I just wanted to point out that there are two little errors in your ENG .bat.

The choice for 11.3 for both OLD and NEW is still pointing to 11.2, because you copied and pasted :)

Also, since 11.2 some of the echo messages are in Italian.

Thanks mate!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no, the hardmod downgrade really does not work on 11.3. I just tested this by manually injecting 11.2 firm while on 11.3 (xorpads and stuff), and the system doesn't boot(black screen, so firms are not corrupted). are you sure you actually properly wrote the older firm?
I can also confirm that, after fixing ENG .bat to correctly point to 11.3 label and flashing the modded NAND back, my N3DS has a black screen.

Not working for new 3ds. Bootrom error
If you used the ENG bat, there's an error in the "menu"...
Every 11.3 is pointing to the 11.2 label! Fix it and you'll end up with a correct bat file but after flashing you console with the new NAND you'll end up with a black screen. :(

Last edited by mvmiranda,

moghedien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it wont work. They upped the minimum NFIRM version allowed by NS: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36#NS
You can downgrade your NFIRM if you want but the system software will refuse to load.... ┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ‌├┬┴┬┴

Last edited by moghedien,

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k

fasthax and safehax then use the 9.2 ctrtransfer image, although most people would probably want to go straight to 2.1 for a9lh setup
i already have al9h and luma so should i just downgrade and how will i play online? on 9.2

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew