Gaming 3DS 11.3.0-36 out now

imm0rtalz16_2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm really confused. All you can do on 11.3 is the homebrew channel you can't have cias or fbi or any of that. What all can 11.3 even do or is it worth it

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm really confused. All you can do on 11.3 is the homebrew channel you can't have cias or fbi or any of that. What all can 11.3 even do or is it worth it
What do you mean? Of course you can, but you can't install CFW on 11.3 firmware, you need to do it on a lower firmware, then upgrade the modified firmware to the new one through system updates.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually its the opposite of what you just said. Homebrew used to not work becuase of the payloads needing an update and something about how the 3DS's GPU was changed slightly to prevent homebrew boots. CIA's still worked however, and most Homebrew cia's.

Right now everything is now currently compatible as long as you update the way your supposed to with Homebrew & CFW. There may be a few malfunctions with 11.3 FW as well with CFW so its best just to wait as well.

Also all they did in this update of the 3DS is "improve the user experience" by blocking homebrew for the most part. So its not really worth it right now, unless you really want to be on the latest firmware for whatever reason.

Also one last thing, you can bypass the online functions of your 3DS that tell you to update the system & game updates that tell you to update by installing httpwn

imm0rtalz16_2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so sorry for sounding so stupid and noobie. But I just want games as I don't have any yet I bought a 3ds from someone who updated it to 11.3 and I can go into the homebrew channel on the 3ds through sound menu called soundhax. But will fbi work or freeshop. How do I get cias games or does none of this stuff work on 11.3 now please explain what's everything I can do on the 11.3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK so sorry for sounding so stupid and noobie. But I just want games as I don't have any yet I bought a 3ds from someone who updated it to 11.3 and I can go into the homebrew channel on the 3ds through sound menu called soundhax. But will fbi work or freeshop. How do I get cias games or does none of this stuff work on 11.3 now please explain what's everything I can do on the 11.3

The 3ds has never been hacked

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

On 11.3 you can't if you didn't have cfw previously installed, you're sol for now.

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because your on 11.3 nope. You can't downgrade either so your kind of stuck until Nintendo's makes another mistake in one of there updates :/

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only way to use FBI on NON legit CIAs, or to install games from FreeShop is to have CFW. OFW will only let you install Legit CIAs (Google them, I'm sure I told you this before) but I don't know if you can still do this on 11.3 so...anyone wanna test for us?

imm0rtalz16_2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to use FBI on NON legit CIAs, or to install games from FreeShop is to have CFW. OFW will only let you install Legit CIAs (Google them, I'm sure I told you this before) but I don't know if you can still do this on 11.3 so...anyone wanna test for us?
I can't find any legit cias anywhere or qr code legit games

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Private message or email me it

Well the answer is no you can't install legit cias without cfw
There's no need, literally search google for "that iso site" should be easy to spot...sorry I didn't tell you FIRST about what LINK to go to.

Reactions: Gaming796

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to find a trend in the 11.x releases:
11.0.0-33X: May 9th, 2016
11.1.0-34X: September 12th, 2016 (after 4 months)
11.2.0-35X: October 24th, 2016 (after 1 month)
11.3.0-36X: February 6th, 2017 (after 4 months)

For updates with major fixes, the time period is usually 4 months. For minor fixes (like 11.2.0-35X), is just a single month. Since soundhax isn't fixed yet, a minor update, which might be 11.4.0-37X, can be released in March. Or, they might club it with another major update, which may be released in June. That's my theory / prediction. What do you guys say?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3