Gaming 3DS 11.3.0-36 out now

Bateees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so what is the lastest update with the new stock 11.3 firmware? I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL running 11.2.0-35U. My 3DS has been asking me at least 3 times a day to update the firmware. Am I still completely safe? I do not play online, but I do use Kit-Kat to create videos for youtube through xsplit. I read a few days ago someone said something about removing their SD card and it no longer working? I don't have the time to read through all the pages of comments and I think an update for everyone including myself is in order. Perhaps a locked topic of 11.3 explaining everything soon instead of people like myself having to dig for the information should be created?

Last edited by Bateees,

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so what is the lastest update with the new stock 11.3 firmware? I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL running 11.2.0-35U. My 3DS has been asking me at least 3 times a day to update the firmware. Am I still completely safe? I do not play online, but I do use Kit-Kat to create videos for youtube through xsplit. I read a few days ago someone said something about removing their SD card and it no longer working? I don't have the time to read through all the pages of comments and I think an update for everyone including myself is in order. Perhaps a locked topic of 11.3 explaining everything soon instead of people like myself having to dig for the information?
If you are running a9lh + luma, then feel free to update - everything works fine.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Bateees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On second thought maybe another thread shouldn't be created. I'm sure Nintendo is on these forums too reading everything we say trying to use what we say against us like being on trial in court. A new thread explaining exactly how 11.3 works and possible workarounds would allow Nintendo to find the information easily.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
When or if do you guys think we can expect a hack to replace fasthax?
Whenever someone implements:
1. Take over nwm using UDS hack described on 3dbrew/system_flaws -- use that to get ROP execution.
2. Poke CFG11_GPUPROT to 0.
3. gspwn axiwram (k11)
4. ???
5. Profit.

Most don't know this, but the new 11.3 hbl workaround probably does 1 and 2 to be able to take over home menu again.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Geezerdorf

Bateees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are running a9lh + luma, then feel free to update - everything works fine.

Thanks for the quick reply. Just finished updating and testing everything. I'm writing this probably more for myself for future reference so anyone who already knows this please ignore.

I tested a few games and they boot like normal
Hourglass9 still boots up quickly which is always nice
FBI boots but I haven't tried intsalling any CIAs since everything I want already works
Freeshop still works(downloaded an extremely popular game starts with p ends with n and it works)
Luma works updated to 6.6 again
NTR CFW updated and working with Xsplit

GodMode no longer works

Homebrew Launcher now gives an error message
. Here is the error in case anyone is interested:
01fcf000
d8e17406

something failed :(

This was on a New Nintendo 3DS XL. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. I have to hold the power button and restart the 3DS.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. Just finished updating and testing everything. I'm writing this probably more for myself for future reference so anyone who already knows this please ignore.

I tested a few games and they boot like normal
Hourglass9 still boots up quickly which is always nice
FBI boots but I haven't tried intsalling any CIAs since everything I want already works
Freeshop still works(downloaded an extremely popular game starts with p ends with n and it works)
Luma works updated to 6.6 again
NTR CFW updated and working with Xsplit

GodMode no longer works

Homebrew Launcher now gives an error message
. Here is the error in case anyone is interested:
01fcf000
d8e17406

something failed :(

This was on a New Nintendo 3DS XL. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. I have to hold the power button and restart the 3DS.
Homebrew launcher has been updated, so it works now. Get the latest release.

I'm not sure why godmode9 isn't working for you. I may look into that later.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
On second thought maybe another thread shouldn't be created. I'm sure Nintendo is on these forums too reading everything we say trying to use what we say against us like being on trial in court. A new thread explaining exactly how 11.3 works and possible workarounds would allow Nintendo to find the information easily.
The exploits have been known for months, almost years. Nintendo has ALL the documentation about the console, they dont need to look the forums to fix their shit

Reactions: Gaming796

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those questions that no one wants to see 'Is it safe to update on A9LH + [insert CFW here]' is actually legit questions, I mean, look at all those changes Nintendo did patching almost everything out.
Luma3DS still works somehow but yeah, it could be that you're on blackscreen after an update.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just sitting here reading the posts of all the gateway/rxtools users thinking that this is the end for everything ever with this community...

Patching A9LH is way too bit of a risk for nintendo to take, and checks to try to patch out A9LH would be rendered useless since it boots before anything is even loaded.

Semoponume

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I just want to ask before I do anything stupid. I have ReiNand and updated to 11.3. Now I get the black screen upon booting the emuNand. If I just install A9LH+Luma I'll be able to keep all my save game data, right? Or does the emuNand being broken somehow causes it to remain broken if I transfer it into Luma? And when exactly do I transfer my data? Every tutorial I've seen says I'll be asked if I want to transfer my emuNand at some point during the process but fails to specify at what point this happens exactly.

imm0rtalz16_2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where to go or who to ask for help but I'm trying to get tikdevil and ciangel to work but it keeps saying failed to download Json any reason why or a fix

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just want to ask before I do anything stupid. I have ReiNand and updated to 11.3. Now I get the black screen upon booting the emuNand. If I just install A9LH+Luma I'll be able to keep all my save game data, right? Or does the emuNand being broken somehow causes it to remain broken if I transfer it into Luma? And when exactly do I transfer my data? Every tutorial I've seen says I'll be asked if I want to transfer my emuNand at some point during the process but fails to specify at what point this happens exactly.
What you need to do is follow an up-to-date guide about injecting EmuNAND into SysNAND. If you just "dump emunand" and "inject sysnand" without following directions, you could lose data. I THINK this is how you do it, but double check.

1. Go into Decrypt9/Hourglass9 and choose "Dump EmuNAND" and choose "emuNAND Min" (should name it emuNANDmin.bin or something) DO NOT DELETE THE EMUNAND UNTIL THE END!
2. Verify the dumped NAND is the correct size (1.21GB for N3DS, not sure what O3DS is) THIS MUST BE YOUR NAND OR YOU WILL BRICK!
3. In Decrypt9/Hourglass9 choose "Inject sysNAND Min (Keep A9LH if present)" and choose "emuNANDmin.bin"
4. Once the injection is complete, boot into sysNAND and see if your sysNAND is your old emuNAND. Proceed to A) if it worked, or B) if it didn't.
A) If it is, congratulations! B) If it is not, or parts of your NAND (such as games or apps are missing) your dump was not valid or you did something wrong, try again!

I did this myself after migrated from ReiNAND a while ago, so I know it's possible, the first dump I did was not the MIN and it ended up failing, so I tried MIN and it worked fine. Try dumping again if it fails but you should be fine.
I don't know where to go or who to ask for help but I'm trying to get tikdevil and ciangel to work but it keeps saying failed to download Json any reason why or a fix
Do you mean they won't download the CIA, or the program opens and gives you this error?

imm0rtalz16_2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you need to do is follow an up-to-date guide about injecting EmuNAND into SysNAND. If you just "dump emunand" and "inject sysnand" without following directions, you could lose data. I THINK this is how you do it, but double check.

1. Go into Decrypt9/Hourglass9 and choose "Dump EmuNAND" and choose "emuNAND Min" (should name it emuNANDmin.bin or something) DO NOT DELETE THE EMUNAND UNTIL THE END!
2. Verify the dumped NAND is the correct size (1.21GB for N3DS, not sure what O3DS is) THIS MUST BE YOUR NAND OR YOU WILL BRICK!
3. In Decrypt9/Hourglass9 choose "Inject sysNAND Min (Keep A9LH if present)" and choose "emuNANDmin.bin"
4. Once the injection is complete, boot into sysNAND and see if your sysNAND is your old emuNAND. Proceed to A) if it worked, or B) if it didn't.
A) If it is, congratulations! B) If it is not, or parts of your NAND (such as games or apps are missing) your dump was not valid or you did something wrong, try again!

I did this myself after migrated from ReiNAND a while ago, so I know it's possible, the first dump I did was not the MIN and it ended up failing, so I tried MIN and it worked fine. Try dumping again if it fails but you should be fine.

Do you mean they won't download the CIA, or the program opens and gives you this error?
The program opens and gives me the error message failed to connect and failed to download Json even though I know that the Internet works because freeshop works as well as everything else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never use it