Hardware 3DS Amsterdam Conference - 19th Jan

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Personal predictions (UK only)

- Price £199.99 for console, £39.99 for games. GAME.co.uk lists the game prices as £39.99 already.
- Available in blue, black, and if the lovely Sam from my local store is to be believed, red.
- Launches March 25th. Or at least I hope so, that's when I get my March wages. Game website already lists Ridge Racer's launch date as 25th so I'm thinking I'm on the money.
- Launch Titles: Starfox, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Nintendogs, Layton, Street Fighter IV, Ridge Racer, Dead Or Alive Dimensions and some crappy shovelware game that nobody gives a flying fuck about.

That's mostly what I think is most probable, based on the info I've collected thus far. Aside from Starfox which is mostly wishful thinking on my part.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Then replace Layton with something else. Probably a sports title of some kind like Madden of FIFA. I've always been kinda biased against FIFA on the DS but maybe the 3DS can make it work. I'd still rather see Kid Ikarus or Zelda as the launch titles, but one must go with the odds.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squall23 said:
For the last time, people. Layton 5 is NOT going to be a NA or Europe launch title due to the fact that we don't even have Layton 4 yet!
Plot isn't THAT important in the Layton games.

By that I mean, each game is episodic. You don't need to play Curious Village to play Pandora's Box, for example.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
squall23 said:
For the last time, people. Layton 5 is NOT going to be a NA or Europe launch title due to the fact that we don't even have Layton 4 yet!

Could the same be said many many years ago with the Final Fantasy franchise outside of Japan? I know why they did that, but I'm just pointing this out.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
DiscostewSM said:
squall23 said:

Could the same be said many many years ago with the Final Fantasy franchise outside of Japan? I know why they did that, but I'm just pointing this out.
Or the Dragon Quest franchise. And many others I can't think of right now.
Maybe Nintendo will announce that Layton 5 will include Layton 4 in the west or some crazy stuff like that.

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
Personal predictions (UK only)

- Price £199.99 for console, £39.99 for games. GAME.co.uk lists the game prices as £39.99 already.
- Available in blue, black, and if the lovely Sam from my local store is to be believed, red.
- Launches March 25th. Or at least I hope so, that's when I get my March wages. Game website already lists Ridge Racer's launch date as 25th so I'm thinking I'm on the money.
- Launch Titles: Starfox, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Nintendogs, Layton, Street Fighter IV, Ridge Racer, Dead Or Alive Dimensions and some crappy shovelware game that nobody gives a flying fuck about.

That's mostly what I think is most probable, based on the info I've collected thus far. Aside from Starfox which is mostly wishful thinking on my part.

This sounds more or less right excluding Layton as a launch title. When I went to put my deposit down in HMV I was told that there would only be two colours at launch so it will probably actually be a mix of blue/black and red/black.

QUOTE(squall23 @ Jan 18 2011, 08:12 PM) For the last time, people. Layton 5 is NOT going to be a NA or Europe launch title due to the fact that we don't even have Layton 4 yet!

This. Also for translation reasons I don't see them getting it done in time.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
squall23 said:
Plot isn't THAT important in the Layton games.

By that I mean, each game is episodic. You don't need to play Curious Village to play Pandora's Box, for example.
they just released a game last oct, they arnt going to release another in mar

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yay! Tomorrow is the last day of my testweek, so I'm out at 11:50 AM!
But the only problem is that I have to watch it online, because I'm not old enough to go there myself....
So I don't have profit in any way...

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Maz7006 said:
where
can
i
watch
this
?
why
can't
people
read
?
http://live.nintendo3ds.nintendo-europe.com/
The official live webcast will probably be on that website. Or a Nintendo Ustream channel.
Whichever happens will probably be posted there tomorrow.
rolleyes.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frogmyster3 said:
This. Also for translation reasons I don't see them getting it done in time.
Weren't the Mask of Miracle screenshots at E3 already in English? That tells me they've been working on translating the game for months.

I predict it to be a launch title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1