Gaming 3DS and Switch: Can They Live Together?

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes in the night I hear faint whispers coming from my 3ds...''dont buy that Switch abomination, its power levels are below ps3''

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sometimes in the night I hear faint whispers coming from my 3ds...''dont buy that Switch abomination, its power levels are below ps3''
and then you hear back but its countless times more powerful than the 3ds with 720p and capable of local multiplayer too i bet xD.

3ds graphics and restrictions are getting very very bad.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: Xzi

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VR to save the system? Is VR still a thing? PS4 games are clearance everywhere and I don't even know anyone with the dang thing. Does Microsoft even have a VR device?

Just my own personal thought by VR is a detriment and a waste of development resources.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
VR to save the system? Is VR still a thing? PS4 games are clearance everywhere and I don't even know anyone with the dang thing. Does Microsoft even have a VR device?

Just my own personal thought by VR is a detriment and a waste of development resources.
ps4 is not selling becuase of VR, heck to this day i havent heard of an amazing VR exclusive game as off yet, its basicaly alot of tech demos.

Last edited by pedro702,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS, a portable system, with 2 screens, 3D (in some games) and augmented reality (in some games)
Nintendo switch, a console/portable hybrid, with one screen, no 3D but HD graphics, and HD rumble.

I think... no wait, I KNOW they are two different thing, and the switch was not intended to replace the 3DS. (NOT HIDDEN SPOILER) they just released the New 2DS, if they intended to replace 3ds, most likely they wouldn't have done that. :ninja:

Reactions: ATofix

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS, a portable system, with 2 screens, 3D (in some games) and augmented reality (in some games)
Nintendo switch, a console/portable hybrid, with one screen, no 3D but HD graphics, and HD rumble.

I think... no wait, I KNOW they are two different thing, and the switch was not intended to replace the 3DS. (NOT HIDDEN SPOILER) they just released the New 2DS, if they intended to replace 3ds, most likely they wouldn't have done that. :ninja:

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ps4 is selling becuase of VR, heck to this day i havent heard of an amazing VR exclusive game as off yet, its basicaly alot of tech demos.
Well the PS4 was selling before PSVR was even a thing (the Sony Console simply does have more exclusives especially japanese games) ;).
And there a some good VR games but is it really worth it to spend so much money to even play these games !?.

Imo VR will end like 3D gaming (nobody even cares about it anymore) btw for really special cases in the industry and nothing really mainstream.

And about the 3DS Switch stuff as long as 3DS gets good games and people want these why not sell both.

Last edited by nIxx,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the PS4 was selling before PSVR was even a thing (the Sony Console simply does have more exclusives especially japanese games) ;).
And there a some good VR games but is it really worth it to spend so much money to even play these games !?.

Imo VR will end like 3D gaming (nobody even cares about it anymore) btw for really special cases in the industry and nothing really mainstream.

And about the 3DS Switch stuff as long as 3DS gets good games and people want these why not sell both.
I actually bought 3DS for 3D games, but then devs didn't do it all the time so i was lied to, I think all Retail games use 3D but the download indie games don't which is bad cause i end up playing those games the most. Not cause is indie games cause it just small low cost games. But early in 3dsm the 3d was hard to see and focus for long period of time so i just stopped trying. :(

Console exclusives is the only way systems are gonna sell. Is been like that since like forever. But is my opinion. Yes there is people out there who buy a cheaper product simply cause it cost less than another and they had the money at the time to get something new. Is just how people are. Switch is already starting to look like 2012 release of wii u, lack of games, over priced system and games, doesn't offer enough between not playing a game. Maybe if it had 3G internet and some web apps like on demand video streaming, or something basic like a MEDIA PLAYER for video, music and pictures. ANYTHING to do while not playing a game, it be nice, but it doesn't have anything like it. :mellow:

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
and then you hear back but its countless times more powerful than the 3ds with 720p and capable of local multiplayer too i bet xD.

3ds graphics and restrictions are getting very very bad.
Graphics are bad, so is online but the library will last me for the next 5 years at least.

kiais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes considering that Monster Hunter XX has cross platform play between the Switch and 3DS. 3DS has a good two years and folks in the pokemon community will be able to play with their Switch counterparts considering Pokemon Sun and Moon's visuals we're future proofed for a Swich release and certain assets we're left out of the 3DS release. Look up pokemon Sun citra 1080p, show's you how amazing the game can look.

D

Deleted User

I love my 3ds, nifty little thing with a hand full of games I enjoy playing. I would much prefer a new dedicated handheld I can actually put in my pocket rather than a tablet that doesn't want to be a tablet. I have 0 reason to purchase a Switch as I can play every single worth while game and more on my Wii U, that and its a pretty shit semi-console for being released in 2017. I rambled for no reason to lead to this; if they want The Switch to do better they gotta kill the 3DS and put all their upcoming games on the Switch so id be forced to buy it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The Switch and 3DS ARE living together just fine. But I feel the 3DS needs a permanent MSRP pricedrop to $149.99. $199.99 for a weak-ass system, when $100 more gets you one WAY more powerful suggests the $199.99 price is a rip-off.

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch and 3DS ARE living together just fine. But I feel the 3DS needs a permanent MSRP pricedrop to $149.99. $199.99 for a weak-ass system, when $100 more gets you one WAY more powerful suggests the $199.99 price is a rip-off.
I suppose that's why they're selling the N2DSXL now at $149.99, since it provides a cheaper option for the console, but still allows people to buy the other, more expensive versions of the 3DS

Reactions: Jayro

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's obvious that sooner or later Nintendo will want to end support for 3DS, but they are in very awkward situation where their "old" console is still their biggest source of income.

Funnilly enough, this weirdness can be partialy because of last discoveries of hacking community. People buys 3DS consoles because of their hackability and enormous, active homebrew scene.

Also, despite being a "portable home console" Switch still is kind of clunky to transport. Probably Nintendo works on some "Switch Mini" version that would be cheaper and smaller and this will be an end for 3DS.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
It's obvious that sooner or later Nintendo will want to end support for 3DS, but they are in very awkward situation where their "old" console is still their biggest source of income.

Funnilly enough, this weirdness can be partialy because of last discoveries of hacking community. People buys 3DS consoles because of their hackability and enormous, active homebrew scene.

Also, despite being a "portable home console" Switch still is kind of clunky to transport. Probably Nintendo works on some "Switch Mini" version that would be cheaper and smaller and this will be an end for 3DS.

I agree and i think 2018 should be the 3DS's last year in terms of Ninty making games for it. Yeah that makes sense, they should support the machine until winter 2018 and then just let the 3rd party support it in whatever way and eventually those devs will move over to Switch games development instead.

I personally think the 3DS's is one of those systems that was really pushed to its limits when it came to game production and it had some amazing games on it as a result.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ps4 is not selling becuase of VR, heck to this day i havent heard of an amazing VR exclusive game as off yet, its basicaly alot of tech demos.
There are some VR games which are fantastic...on PC. I'm not so sure about other platforms. But yeah, dungeon-crawler RPGs with full motion combat, campaign shooters, climbing platformers with super powers, arena brawlers, arcade shooters, even some RTS and TBS games.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

yeah if they release a switch mini wich would have a smaller screen, more time during batery and fixed joycons basicaly a single screen new 3ds with 2 analogs and call it switch mini , basicaly a fully dedicated portable version with 5-6 hours batery life minimum and smaller to be fully portable would be the way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1