Hacking 3DS blue light on but no display

Alexiuss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so here is the thing, I try to turn on my old 3ds xl with cfw on it but since I thought I was never going to use it again I used the micro sd that I had in the 3ds I lost all the files now that I want to use it again I tried to remember what files I had (I know I should have made a backup but I never did) now I am suffering because my 3ds only turns on the blue light but the screens stay black there is no sound either so i searched for help on the internet i tried to remove the wifi card it didn't work i tried using godmode9 it didn't work either i tried the button combo it didn't work either i actually broke my L button trying so in my last hope I changed my sd adapter hoping for some change but the only change was that the blue light was no longer kept on now it was blinking so I don't know how to fix it now I ask for your help please.

Attachments

• 20230219_114132.jpg
    20230219_114132.jpg
    738.6 KB · Views: 40

Alexiuss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried going into recovery mode? Hold down A+R+L+Up whilst powering on the system and see what happens.
Yup i try so many button combination and nothing happen
Post automatically merged:

Have you tried going into recovery mode? Hold down A+R+L+Up whilst powering on the system and see what happens.
I fix in other way but thank you

Last edited by Alexiuss,

ProjectGD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggaonmydev.tk
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hello, I have the same problem, exept that the blue led is still, how did you managed to fix it?
Do you have a NAND Backup?
If you have it start the console on godmode9 (Start + Power) press home select scripts NANDManager and restore nand (or something like that option)
Then press B , A , Start and the console gonna boot

Last edited by ProjectGD,

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just popping in to share that I'm having this exact same issue as well, with a used original 3DS XL that I got recently.

FWIW, I've already tried everything from recovery mode to holding Select or Start and the Power button, to GodMode9, etc. Virtually anything that could be tried without taking apart the 3DS has already been tried. Just a solid blue light and backlights working, but no sound or video.

So far, trying to boot without the Wi-Fi card plugged in does nothing. Also tried taking apart the camera cable, nada.

So I've currently taken apart the entire 3DS, all screws and ribbon cables, and will try to install each cable one by one to see if it responds.

Test 1: With only the top LCD cable connected, instead of a solid blue light, it changed to a blue light that turns on, but turns off after a few seconds.

Test 2: With the Wi-Fi card, IR card, and the small top ribbon beside the IR card connected, same result as the first test.

Test 3: With the three bottom ribbons connected, same result.

Test 4: With the two joystick ribbons connected, same result.

Test 5: With the camera ribbon connected but not the smaller (3D, sound) ribbon above it connected, the blue light still turns on and then off, but the bottom LCD screen flickers.

Test 6: With the 3D/sound ribbon connected, I get back to where I was at in the beginning: solid blue light and both backlights on.

Not really sure where to go from here. Tried out some random ribbons being connected/disconnected, no dice.

Last edited by Stormflora,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol