Hacking 3DS Bricking Rumor

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I believe Nintendo won't bother in the next update. In my point of view they will start the fight against piracy when hackers create a 3ds flashcard/softmod.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When is the next update going to be pushed anyway?
I am still wondering if I should use the supercard ds two on the 3DS....
Not that I am dying to use it lol. Street Fighter IV and Rayman 3 should keep me busy for a while
smile.gif

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RodrigoCamilo said:
I believe Nintendo won't bother in the next update. In my point of view they will start the fight against piracy when hackers create a 3ds flashcard/softmod.
Yeah, why bother with DS piracy when 3DS piracy is yet to come, and try and prevent that as long as possible?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
leeday100196 said:
RodrigoCamilo said:
Yeah, why bother with DS piracy when 3DS piracy is yet to come, and try and prevent that as long as possible?
If they push an update, they are bound to block flashcarts once again. But again, wont take too long for hackers to get around it..

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
leeday100196 said:
RodrigoCamilo said:
If they push an update, they are bound to block flashcarts once again. But again, wont take too long for hackers to get around it..
Thus is the circle of technology. Hacked software, updated software with extra protection, revert to stage 1. And as long as there's technology, there will be hackers.

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
leeday100196 said:
Tanveer said:
leeday100196 said:
RodrigoCamilo said:
Thus is the circle of technology. Hacked software, updated software with extra protection, revert to stage 1. And as long as there's technology, there will be hackers.

Even if they brick the console, hackers will find a way to reflash it. You're correct the circle of technology, they brick we unbrick.
lecture.gif

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RodrigoCamilo said:
leeday100196 said:
Tanveer said:
leeday100196 said:
RodrigoCamilo said:

Even if they brick the console, hackers will find a way to reflash it. You're correct the circle of technology, they brick we unbrick.
lecture.gif

not realy they can Destroy parts of the hw (like some Virus have done on the pc).

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
If they destroy the HW would be property damage. And nintendo can be sued by this, the only way to nintendo brick your console, is by you bricking the console by yourself, if they brick a console there would be repare option

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I contacted NOA's legal department about this..

QUOTE said:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo.

Regarding your mention of Akecard cards, we have had numerous actions against game copiers worldwide. They are illegal, as they circumvent Nintendo's security and violate the law. Therefore, I’m unable to answer any questions about it.

Sincerely,

Jennie Chuck
Nintendo of America

Very unhelpful...

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
m3rox said:

QUOTE said:
Hello,

Regarding your mention of Akecard cards, we have had numerous actions against game copiers worldwide. They are illegal, as they circumvent Nintendo's security and violate the law. Therefore, I’m unable to answer any questions about it.

Sincerely,

Jennie Chuck
Nintendo of America

Very unhelpful...
They let us on the dark, and then try to scare about bricking rumors, they at least should tell us if it's possible or not the brick

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RodrigoCamilo said:
m3rox said:

QUOTE said:
Hello,

Sincerely,

Jennie Chuck
Nintendo of America

Very unhelpful...
They let us on the dark, and then try to scare about bricking rumors, they at least should tell us if it's possible or not the brick
Well this is NoA, they probably really don't know anything about it. Now about NoJ...

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Well, I've been looking at NoA's Press Room (yes, we're a press media), and they only have phone numbers, no email addresses, including the one of Reginald Fils-Aime (better known as Reggie).
There are 2 phone numbers for USA (one for English contact, one for 'Hispanics'), one for Australia, one for Canada, and one for Germany.
I'll not release the numbers, as they're sensitive information, but one person or 2 can have them, through PM.
So just PM me, and I'll share the number you want to dial.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
RodrigoCamilo said:
leeday100196 said:
Tanveer said:
leeday100196 said:
RodrigoCamilo said:

lecture.gif

...If the console bricks it's exactly that...a brick. There isn't anyway to come back from that or else it isn't a brick. If it can be then technically it's a "semi brick". Not being pedantic, they're just 2 different things.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If that's true then nothing actually "bricks" since you can always de-solder the NAND chips and reprogram them.

Of course it's not like the average person even know that it can be done, let alone how to do it, let alone has made a backup of the NAND beforehand, let alone knows how, let alone has the right tools, let alone would even know where to look to get the tools...

Look up the word "feasible".
tongue.gif

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
even if you broke/damage the system you can fix by replacing the broken parts, why a brick would cause so many problems, since it isn't breaking the system, they put some data there, you just need to take it out or erase

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://abcnews.go.com/US/3-swimmers-attacked-sharks-off-florida-panhandle/story?id=110942862