• Replies 1,200
  • Likes 104

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And also, in the next update could you add so you can see PC screen on your 3DS screen like the Wii U GamePad?

He stated that he did not want to do this because of the large amount of work required to set it up. Said it was fine if someone else wanted to but he definitely was not going to add it. 3DSController is open source so feel free to dig around and make changes.

Reactions: YoshiInAVoid
D

Deleted User

He stated that he did not want to do this because of the large amount of work required to set it up. Said it was fine if someone else wanted to but he definitely was not going to add it. 3DSController is open source so feel free to dig around and make changes.

ok i understand that. Now the only problem i have is that the Circle pad doesn't work for the newest version of vJoy, and i don't know how to add buttons to vJoy.

ll0rT

Trophies
XP
Country
I think if the program sends the button pressings to vjoy driver (not only circle pad movements) it will be perfect. I can't use circle pad and buttons same time on some programs which are don't accept keyboard and joystick inputs on same time (i.e. Dolphin emulator).

Reactions: YoshiInAVoid

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if the program sends the button pressings to vjoy driver (not only circle pad movements) it will be perfect. I can't use circle pad and buttons same time on some programs which are don't accept keyboard and joystick inputs on same time (i.e. Dolphin emulator).

dolphin works just fine for me

ll0rT

Trophies
XP
Country
dolphin works just fine for me

How did you make it work on dolphin? When I select vjoy joystick as input method, only circle pad works, and when I select keyboard, everything works but circle pad. D-pad works fine though, but I want circle pad and all buttons working.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you make it work on dolphin? When I select vjoy joystick as input method, only circle pad works, and when I select keyboard, everything works but circle pad. D-pad works fine though, but I want circle pad and all buttons working.

check my explanation on page 7 hope that helps

Reactions: ll0rT

VeniaSilente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This project looks interesting, and I think using the 3DS as a gamepad is one of the best possible things to do with hombrew with the handheld (because friggin' Nintendo didn't give it that power natively) but as others have noted is limited to act as a Windows controller - apparently due to Windows-specific grid control code. Is there any plan to port to Linux and others?

Or even better - Wouldn't it be easier instead to code the program so that it exposes the 3DS as a HID joystick? That way any of Windows, Linux, Mac, would trivially pick it. For example, FuSaGamepad does that for the PSP.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You think you can add a support for wii ?

It's for use on wii game (dbz, ssbb...) or homebrew emulator, like vbagx or snes9xgx

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
This program is rather buggy. I can't map the buttons as joystick buttons. Programs like Dolphin can't do both keyboard and joystick at the same time it looks like. The current version of Dolphin will see the control stick, but only when I have the device selected as the input device. Then if I try to use the buttons to map the buttons, nothing happens because the buttons are being treated as keyboard buttons by your program and not being sent to vJoy. So I would have to use the Keyboard/Mouse as the input device if I wanted to use the buttons. Problem is, the control stick can't be mapped when I select this device. :(

Can you add a feature to allow vJoy to handle all buttons as well?

Also a major issue. I can't map the d-pad to the arrow keys. There's a bug that appears to result in it mapping to the numpad numbers instead. So pressing left d-pad resuls in it typing "4" into the PC while right d-pad results in "6". This appears to match up with my numpad. Problem is, the INI file shows these buttons as mapped to "UP" "LEFT" "RIGHT" and "DOWN" and that's not the result I'm getting. :(

Another problem is that if I enable the touch screen keyboard, trying to use it is impossible because it will register each press as a "TAP" as defined by the "TAP" option in the INI file. For instance I have Tap assigned to "Space" for space bar. So any time I bring up the keyboard on the 3DS and try to use it, it inserts a space into each key press on the touch screen which renders the touch screen keyboard pretty useless. :(

D

Deleted User

can i use the stylus for drawing? you know like paint or something
I don't think so yet because TAP execute the SPACE key, and i don't know if you can change it to left click, but it will probally be possible soon or if he tell how.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the latest version of this and I can't get the circle pad to work in Snes9X. Everytime I click the UP option under Input Configuration, it just goes to (JO)R Up. If I try to press the circle pad in any direction, nothing happens like it doesn't detect it. Clicking any other button does nothing and moving the circle pad doesn't change them either. Not sure what to try. I do have vjoy installed and it detects it.

D

Deleted User

I'm trying to use the latest version of this and I can't get the circle pad to work in Snes9X. Everytime I click the UP option under Input Configuration, it just goes to (JO)R Up. If I try to press the circle pad in any direction, nothing happens like it doesn't detect it. Clicking any other button does nothing and moving the circle pad doesn't change them either. Not sure what to try. I do have vjoy installed and it detects it.

I had the same problem. I tried install vJoy as it told me i should, but it didn't work. When i tried later with an older version it worked. Install the vJoy version 2.0.4 080714 and then it the circle pad will work!

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, this is an amazing piece of homebrew, but I just have one catch.
Im trying to see if I can get DS Roms to work using this on Desmune, and I have everything working except the 'TAP'
Trying to change that to either 'CLICK' or 'A' but Desmune wont recognize it, any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream... +1