• Start date
  • Views 416,389
  • Replies 1,200
  • Likes 104

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how to connect 2 3ds to the pc? Without the same button mapping (i'm trying to do this for multiplayer)
Ok, firstly: keyboard or joystick? Keyboard is simple:
Have 2 copies of the program, in separate folders so they have separate .ini files.
Make sure these separate .ini files are bound to separate keys so they don't interfere.
Make sure they're set up to connect on different ports, also in the .ini.
Then on your 2 3ds, make sure they're configured to use the 2 separate ports (1 each).

If you want to use vjoy then it's just a liiittle bit more work.
using vJoyConfig, make sure you have a second controller enabled.
In one of your .inis, set vJoy Device: 2
Obviously this means they can both be set to the same joystick keys, because they'll activate these keys on different controllers.

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have 2 copies of the program, in separate folders so they have separate .ini files.
Make sure these separate .ini files are bound to separate keys so they don't interfere.
Then on your 2 3ds, make sure they're configured to use the 2 separate ports (1 each).

Obviously this means they can both be set to the same joystick keys, because they'll activate these keys on different controllers.
Another question, After the ports are configured then how to connect..? Using the same server? (3dscontroller.exe)

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nevermind about the server , and in which part of the ini i do need to set Vjoy Device: 2?

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Nevermind about the server , and in which part of the ini i do need to set Vjoy Device: 2?
The part where it says vJoy Device:1
If you don't have that, then you need to update to my version (link in sig) and use the right .ini

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The part where it says vJoy Device:1
If you don't have that, then you need to update to my version (link in sig) and use the right .ini
It worked :D , thanks a lot Poke

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It worked :D , thanks a lot Poke
The problem concerned with the 2nd ds joystick is because it was interfering with the 1st DS Joystick or i'm wrong and when you set VJoy device 2 is for the 2nd device joystick...or not?

Reactions: ~Poke~

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem concerned with the 2nd ds joystick is because it was interfering with the 1st DS Joystick or i'm wrong and when you set VJoy device 2 is for the 2nd device joystick...or not?
The two separate joysticks are technically the same one - the vJoy joystick has X, Y, Z, rX, rY, rZ axes. So basically whatever you set as the second joystick is actually "rotating" your first one. This is basically just a flaw with vJoy, since it only allows each controller to have 1 joystick (as far as I can tell?). I made the second one get included in this way so at least you can pull it out with something like x360ce, to emulate an xbox controller.

Squirtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eritrea
Hello guys, I'm using 3dscontroller and it's awesome, everything works properly but ZR AND ZL not, it works on my new3ds, I've changed vjoy to consider more buttons, changed the .ini configuration to these buttons, but nothing happens;

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong?!

Thanks in advance.

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mugen2x Primero era un problema de los .dll ya que me pedía tener instalado el msvcr120.dll, pero luego de "instalarlo" me manda un error donde dice que no pudo iniciar seguido de un código de error (0xc000007b)
Usas Windows 8 o 10? Si es asi entonces tienes que desactivar el controlador de firma (Driver signature enforcement) Ya que es un busca pleitos esa cosa XD (no olvida eso apenas me doy cuenta de que usas Win7 , Intenta poner el DLL en System 32 y en la carpeta en donde tienes vjoy, Ah si busca al usuario Poke! ya que tiene la version 0.7.2 la cual es mejor

Last edited by Mugen2x,

MikaruMenoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, I'm using 3dscontroller and it's awesome, everything works properly but ZR AND ZL not, it works on my new3ds, I've changed vjoy to consider more buttons, changed the .ini configuration to these buttons, but nothing happens;

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong?!

Thanks in advance.
You need to launch 3DS Controller from Homebrew Launcher. They don't work in the .cia version.

Also, please, please update it. I'm really thankful for this piece of software and I use it very frequently, so I really would like to see the streaming feature on the 3DS screen implemented!

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to launch 3DS Controller from Homebrew Launcher. They don't work in the .cia version.

Also, please, please update it. I'm really thankful for this piece of software and I use it very frequently, so I really would like to see the streaming feature on the 3DS screen implemented!
Actually it does now with Poke 0.7.2 and multiple controllers at the same time is also supported

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3