Hacking 3DS decapping fundraising topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read back a few posts. Insults, calling me conspiracy theorist, and a guy asked for status update. If you read last few pages in this thread it might make sense...maybe.

Edit: could be a scheme using low ball manipulation. Most likely have no Psychology degree and few except Rydian understand ways to manipulate and pursuade. Trying to be fair but realistic by pointing out this could be a scam.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't even donated then keep you insane opinions to yourself and get lost, you have no purpose here.
That's like saying everyone who doesn't fall prey to a scam can't call it a scam. Nice logic there.

Just because you have insane theories about this being some scam doesn't make it one.
... and just because you say it isn't doesn't mean it's not (so many negatives there). Throwing insults at realistic observations and questioning to erratic behavior doesn't invalidate the question; it merely makes the one tossing around vague terms and sarcastic remarks less credible.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to explain arguments and types of manipulation. Some sarcasm mixed in. Personally, I don't expect any except Rydian to know those terms. Not my money, I don't give money with no rating like eBay has. If anyone were to avoid contacting me it would make me question it. That is why manipulation works and people cannot understand how somebody is arguing. If you comprehend what straw man is, then you'd understand what yamagushi does. I hope this is not a scam. I don't know 100%. Instead of trying to insult me and laugh, consider your money, and your trust of basically a stranger with a few you don't know claiming you can trust him?

That is truly funny. Not that I wish bad on anyone...but you laugh when a guy tries to explain how you were likely victims of a con job. I hope it is not a scam. If it is though, remember laughing and making judgements when you have no clue on the terms I used. Trying to protect you. Might glance but not my money. I naturally protect people. Lol, try to....

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't believe it then don't donate. Simple as that. You have no reason to be here trying to sway the believers into thinking its a scam. This person has plenty of credentials and there is no logical reason to believe it is a scam. They have a life and it takes a little while, you people who didn't even donate yet expect results are the worst of the worst, get a life and buzz off. You are entitled to believe its fake, but keep your bullshit to yourself. You people are spoiled jackasses, the very type that are ruining the industry. Please for the sake of all of us just stop playing games and leave those who work for a living alone. Boo hoo you didn't spend your mommies money on something you thinks a scam, nobody cares get over yourselves.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't believe it then don't donate. Simple as that. You have no reason to be here trying to sway the believers into thinking its a scam. This person has plenty of credentials and there is no logical reason to believe it is a scam. They have a life and it takes a little while, you people who didn't even donate yet expect results are the worst of the worst, get a life and buzz off. You are entitled to believe its fake, but keep your bullshit to yourself. You people are spoiled jackasses, the very type that are ruining the industry. Please for the sake of all of us just stop playing games and leave those who work for a living alone. Boo hoo you didn't spend your mommies money on something you thinks a scam, nobody cares get over yourselves.

Plenty of credentials doesn't mean anything if a promise has been broken. We were promised an update long ago, and no one from the team has followed through in telling us exactly what's going on. They obviously took the time to tell us they needed $300 more, but something's wrong because they couldn't tell us what the deal is with the submission. Do you see where I'm going with this?

People want to express their thoughts and concerns - and if you expect them to "keep your bullshit to yourself" - you clearly have no business being on a forum. "Spoiled jackasses"? If you want anyone to agree with you, calling them names sure isn't the way to go. We're not ruining the industry either - nothing has happened yet. This might actually aid in future 3DS sales, when people who can't afford games want to save up to get a system. If this experiment was successful, it would definitely allow people to make homebrew, as soon as the chips are figured out.

As far as those who haven't donated being curious - let us be. We're not donating because people's money has disappeared, but this still regards the future 3DS scene. Would you donate to a person's pocket if they promised they would do something, and then everyone who donated is saying that there are no results? I didn't think so. By attacking us - I think you need to leave us alone.

I made a post on page 33. I think you should read it, so I'm reposting it because it is very relevant- as the person I replied to seemed to have the same attitude you do.

Its amazing how many people jump on the bandwagon as soon as they think stuff goes sour, and the funny part is the most active complainers have nothing to do with this.. When we donate to causes like this, as adults we know the risk associated and most people know patience, from the start it was around 2000 plus taxes and possibly also cost of donation 3ds, just cause people have real lives and dont update stuff for a while, shouldnt be read into, I never read "the second we hit whatever you think the goal is, we will update progress, if we dont means we scammed you" After all people did donate, with some not realising what a donation is , once people start bringing their own personal expectations and views into it the thread it just derails, considering its only really been active since the complainers found their way in to spin talk about being scammed, like we are in the playground at school and you have lost your pokemon cards or something

It's SCARY how much you sound like my parents.

I stated in a post above that the risk most people perceived in donating - was no progression of the 3DS scene. People did not think of their money being at risk for being misused. Donators were promised that an attempt at decapping the chip would be made if the goal was reached. It has been well over a month since the original donation goal of $2000 was achieved.

There has been no update whatsoever except for a brief change from $2000 to $2300 stating that taxes were not taken into account. We have not heard anything from gshock in regards to the 3DS being sent off to the lab for the decapping. He has not thanked a single donator as RodrigoDavy has mentioned. The decapping team has been entirely unprofessional throughout this whole process. People work hard for their money. The economy is rough right now in many places. Yes, the words "about $2000" were used. They still made it clear in the bottom line of the donation page that $2000 was the goal. For them to raise it with no word except "taxes" as to why - that's what pisses us off. Not just the fact that it's an extra $300.

After waiting so long, with no response (except for the "we need more of your money" do you seriously not think that people would question what has happened with the money? $2300 is no small chunk of change, and the people who donated have real lives as well. It takes 5 minutes to update us, if less on what has happened to the $2300 that was donated to the cause. People want to know where their money goes. It is a very real and scary thought to think that this may have been a scam. A very damaging one because this sets back the progression of the 3DS scene. People are talking about how frightened they are. Because its their money that has gone into this project, it is their right as well to receive the images that would have came out of the process. It's like buying a box of cookies from a girl scout fundraiser, but on a much larger scale. They may think, yes, I may be donating money to the girl scouts - but I get this sweet awesome box of cookies out of it. It's the same thing here. People poured in money expecting results.

There is no spin talk. We are worried about what has happened with the funds, and the future of our 3DS scene which so far doesn't exist. (I'm not talking about retail, obviously.) You seem very much like someone who is very closed minded, and takes everything at face value, believing in what the authority says. When things don't go right, it's important to question them. That's exactly what we're doing here - questioning. It's what any normal human being would do if their money has disappeared. They would think, "What happened? Why is it gone? What's going to happen now?" This is all perfectly normal. It's important to look at things from all angles. And in truth, no one who just received $2000 should be THAT busy that they can't spare us 5 minutes to tell us what the deal is. I could do it from my iPhone sitting on the toilet.

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
Calling people thinking its a scam "spoiled jackasses" isn't exactly a way to make them believe its not. Their opinion will just strengthen, if you don't get it. Also, this whole fundraiser is a joke, pretty much. Even if it comes out to be true, which is less likely than the chances of HL3 announcement in the next 15 minutes, the people running this (and I assume Yamagushi to be associated somehow) are what? A constantly butthurt 13 year old who "wants to believe", and an apparent superhuman that has like 10 jobs and is so ultra busy he has no time for sleeping nor eating. He can't spare 2 minutes of his precious time to make an account here and provide us with an update. I can do nothing but sit back and laugh

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have no reason to be here trying to sway the believers into thinking its a scam.
The way you say "the believers" makes this sound more and more like a cult.

You people are spoiled jackasses, the very type that are ruining the industry.
What industry? How the hell is this an industry when the "target audience" hasn't been served what they paid/donated for? Excuse us for not being mature enough to blindly throw money (investors expect results, you know) at people who won't tell us precisely what the hell it's going to.
Boo hoo you didn't spend your mommies money on something you thinks a scam, nobody cares get over yourselves.
Going back to baseless insults to avoid giving a real, simple answer to the problem? Bravo, once again.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Oh dear calm down please, you all.
1.That is quite true when someone pointed me that lacking of communication would be a hugh problem for some activities.
Even i did believe in 3dsguy's story it is still be worried that this plan may fail, cause everyone knows his email and no more access to him then.
2.You see he has not been here for quite long time so you may try to contact him with emails - not the forum, he is not responding - here.
Even your email with questions is not replied that you did questioned him.
If you think you should question him for why and so on, email him.
3.This is really a pity. This may even hurt other fund raisers in 3ds scene. I must admit there are some negative sub results.

Oh well i haven't got any reply from him till now.
[Or he missed my "if that is still valid i would donate a little more" - that in white a little hidden - and ignored me]

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
PSA to everyone with a link to the fundraiser in your sig - you should probably remove the fundraiser so innocent newbies don't fall into the trap of clicking and throwing money at their screens.

Syphurith - just making sure you're aware.

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PSA to everyone with a link to the fundraiser in your sig - you should probably remove the fundraiser so innocent newbies don't fall into the trap of clicking and throwing money at their screens.

Syphurith - just making sure you're aware.
Is it already confirmed fake?
If so, progress Will be slow, since yellow8's 3DS is totally fried according to him.
Correct me if im talking like a n00b, but is he currently THE only one working on a hax right now?

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it already confirmed fake?
If so, progress Will be slow, since yellow8's 3DS is totally fried according to him.
Correct me if im talking like a n00b, but is he currently THE only one workibf

No, nothing is confirmed fake, but if there hasn't been a real update in over 2 months, chances are looking really slim for one.

Workibf? I have no idea what you just said... regardless, the point was, that some unknowing newbie may throw their money at the screen and wonder where it went. I meant what I said.

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, nothing is confirmed fake, but if there hasn't been a real update in over 2 months, chances are looking really slim for one.

Workibf? I have no idea what you just said... regardless, the point was, that some unknowing newbie may throw their money at the screen and wonder where it went. I meant what I said.
Sorry that was the annoying auto correct feature from my iPod Touch, it's fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious