Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
flaboy909 said:
Gullwing said:
flaboy909 said:
I just wanted to clarify a misconception that many people have. When people talk about the top screen of the Nintendo 3ds, they seem to assume that when the 3d is turned on that the fps (frames per second) split, equating 30 fps for each eye. This is not the case as the 3d depth slide manipulates the screen itself instead of the hardware powering the screen. Sharp (the manufacturer supplying the screens) uses a technology which, when you use the depth slider, only manipulates the liquid crystals in the display to render the 3d effect. This is rather ingenious as this does not use a lot of processing power and only a small amount of battery power. Therefore the Nintendo 3ds is ALWAYS RUNNING 60 FPS. I just had to let everyone know...
Here is a visual representation for my explanation...​
http://media.bestofmicro.com/sharp-parallax-display-lcd,V-J-242191-13.jpg​
Who are you? Singing up on the forum to post just a thread?

WTF did you really just ask me that? I like gbatemp and I just wanted everyone to know the truth about the 3d effect, you need to sit down.

Just ignore him. The content of a post is more important than the post count a person has, and your post gives clarity.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
But it still doesn't explain how the depth slider works
unsure.gif
The title is misleading.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
FireGrey said:
Wow 60 FPS is great!
I heard sonic colours is capped at 30 FPS, however the game run as fast as it would at 60 FPS, so that don't really matter IF done correctly.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tons of games do 60fps on the DS including Mario Kart...

I consider Ocarina's 15fps cap to be one of it's biggest flaws... but nearly all 3d games of the era were capped in the 10-15fps area... Playing it now can be painful in a world where most games are 30/60fps hard capped.

Hell, even the original starfox was 20fps
wink.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Those N64 games have always seemed quite smooth to me. I think they function fine at 15fps.

Some people can listen to low quality MP3's and swear they sound awesome. Some people can play games at 15fps and see it as perfectly smooth. Sadly, I'm neither...

I'm one of those people that have to invest hundreds in my computer each year to make sure all the newest shiny games don't drop below 50fps -_- Nothing wrong with the former, but saying some people can handle it better than others.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
15FPS is great for me.
But i really don't like slower then meant to be sound and sound lagging, it puts me off.
But the sound problems only happen on emulators and such.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
koji2009 said:
Midna said:
Those N64 games have always seemed quite smooth to me. I think they function fine at 15fps.

Some people can listen to low quality MP3's and swear they sound awesome. Some people can play games at 15fps and see it as perfectly smooth. Sadly, I'm neither...

I'm one of those people that have to invest hundreds in my computer each year to make sure all the newest shiny games don't drop below 50fps -_- Nothing wrong with the former, but saying some people can handle it better than others.
Aw, don't throw me in with the blokes who record songs off of Youtube. I download my albums in 320 kbps.

Well, okay. If games like Starfox and OoT look choppy to you, whatever. I'm sure you'll be happy with the 3DS versions. Should be better.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant no offense I assure you
wink.gif
Only used that as the first example to come to mind. I tend to be a videophile, specifically when it comes to frame rate. I grew up on NES and SNES games and I still play them regularly... even though I loved N64 in my early teenage years, I can't find the same nostalgic enjoyment because the lower framerates really take me out of the games.

Discostew: This is very true. Consistant 30fps looks a lot better than a game that constantly jumps between 30 and 60 (Star Fox adventures for GCN is a prime example of how that variable frame rate can look bleh).

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo 3Ds doesnt run at 60fps on everygame. FPS is relative to how the developers optimize the game & how much graphically intensive effects they may apply. but yes u are right the 3D depth slider does nothing other than change the LCD's display mode from 2d to 3d. u can argue that the resolution is also cut in half but thats another story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1