Hardware Do you think the 3DS would’ve been better off choosing Nvidia’s Tegra Chipset rather than DMP’s PICA200

PlayerSlayer69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because during the 2010 leaks of the 3DS. It was actually rumoured it was gonna be using a Nvidia Tegra Chip but i heard it was a last minute decision to change it and chosen DMP PICA200 instead that came with the final product.

I have no idea why they did but I heard it was either power consumption, manufacturing costs, or because of the 3D Effect they wanted to do since it complicated to work on the Tegra

Back to the question: Should’ve Nintendo chosen Tegra for the 3DS instead? If so how feasible with it, and would’ve it actually been better?

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they wouldn't have been able to keep the same form factor at the same size if they went with the tegra, since it needs active cooling, even for the first models iirc
and the battery life would've probably been terrible since the space would've been consumed by the active cooling

Reactions: Canned_Noodles

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would of been another "Red Ring of Death" situation, all the 3DS would of exploded then people would of been like "uh why didn't you choose the DMP PICA200?".

Reactions: ack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto