Hacking 3DS Hacking Ideas: Post Your Ideas Here!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
So is it signed for that specific 3ds before its sent out? or could you intercept the signed file and then use that on everyone else's system.
For eshop purchases and such, a ticket is also sent to the 3DS (and is stored in the NAND, not the SD, so you can't just copy it around) that the 3DS requires in order to run it (so people that downgraded their NAND to an earlier dump after buying an eshop game found themselves unable to run it even with it still downloaded on the same SD).

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, it's actually very easy. You just have to download the library files onto your PC, just open CMD and type "format c: /X" without the quotation marks.

No, it is not possible

Reactions: Boy12 and loco365

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it's actually very easy. You just have to download the library file onto your PC, just open CMD and type "format c: /X" without the quotation marks.

Aww... I tried it and I got an error. I guess Linux just isn't powerful enough to create this kind of CFW update.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's actually very easy. You just have to download the library files onto your PC, just open CMD and type "format c: /X" without the quotation marks.

No, it is not possible

You know Windows won't let your format the partition currently being used by Windows. ~Just sayn'.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
theres one part i dont get:
once we have found a exploit (like the nickname one) we overides he return pointer to make it run whatever we choose. however how do we point it to a specific code, because we need to store the code some were in the memory. what am I missing?
would not surprise me if it involved assembly...

EDIT:
Let me get more clear.
if we override the DS nickname with a "TOO LONG" string, so will a buffer overflow happen. and if we override the pointer return address at the same time, for example we replace override 0x45632 with 0x73528, and 0x73528 is the address to "our" code. which will result in that code running. so the thing im asking is how do we get "our" code to the system?
EDIT 2:
I would guess that we override/corrupt the key checking code in the memory? right?
EDIT 3:
obvious 0x73528 and 0x45632 isent the right hex addresses.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Traditionally, the code would be embedded in a file loaded in memory by the system (e.g. a save game file). However, with the 3DS's NX-bit, it's not possible to load custom, executable code without a kernel mode exploit as well. With the userland exploit, you can only run portions of code already loaded (i.e. code that is part of the OS). You "just" need to find the instructions you want already loaded in memory and run them in the right order. This is called Return Orientated Programming (ROP).

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Traditionally, the code would be embedded in a file loaded in memory by the system (e.g. a save game file). However, with the 3DS's NX-bit, it's not possible to load custom, executable code without a kernel mode exploit as well. With the userland exploit, you can only run portions of code already loaded (i.e. code that is part of the OS). You "just" need to find the instructions you want already loaded in memory and run them in the right order. This is called Return Orientated Programming (ROP).
Alright, got it :) so now we need to find some useful instructions.
EDIT:
I guess these are usefull: http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/SVC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, If it's so shitty, why don't you clean it up. :tpi: