Hacking 3DS Homebrew Channel!

loco365

Trophies
XP
softmod sounds nicer.
is neimod going to release or do we have to prepare our wallets?
I want linux honeslty..
It's literally useless right now. I could compare this to when Newton discovered gravity. He came up with the equation but it wouldn't be very useful for many, many years. Just is this. It shows something can be done, but nothing practical will come of it right now.

Reactions: Margen67

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Love it how people think this method would be FREE
because its far from it

we all have different Keys for 3DS's so all would be different

we all would need the device (most likely why he mentions we need our wallets ready) as the boards aint cheap

then to program the boards

Reactions: 1 person

Libertarian94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know he just changed some letters... but would'nt this open for the posibility of playing imported games?
Like, changing the value of... something... i'm a idiot who doesnt know shit about this, so don't flame me xD.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
im off to sleep. we look again to this when i woke up. following :P
There's no point, nothing's gonna come of this for a long long long time. It might be months or years before anything is actually accomplished.

Your wasting your time explaining to people over and over again imo :S
It's more one person who doesn't get it really...Must be an idiot or something. I mean, this is the 3DS hacking and homebrew section after all..:P

Reactions: 2 people

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this basically means that RAM is not encrypted and Neimod and can read from and write to it. That's pretty awesome. That means hacking this should be doable (stil far far away from a complete hack though)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So this basically means that RAM is not encrypted and Neimod and can read from and write to it. That's pretty awesome. That means hacking this should be doable (stil far far away from a complete hack though)
That doesn't mean "RAM isn't encrypted", RAM is just memory. What this means that headers can be modified to an extent post-check, the rest of the binary is still signed and encrypted knowing life.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is obviously edited in RAM, since you can't change and reflash part of the firmware, which the setting button is. Also the first post says so.
So either Neimod has the decryption or encryption keys for the RAM or it's not encrypted. And by "encrypted RAM" I ofcourse mean the data in RAM. That's just how you say something like this. You must live behind the moon if you don't know that. For example you say "my hard drive is encrypted" not "all the data on my hard drive is encrypted".
You act like encrypted RAM has never happened. It has. For example the XBOX360 encrypts it's RAM.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is obviously edited in RAM, since you can't change and reflash part of the firmware, which the setting button is. Also the first post says so.
So either Neimod has the decryption or encryption keys for the RAM or it's not encrypted. And by "encrypted RAM" I ofcourse mean the data in RAM. That's just how you say something like this. You must live behind the moon if you don't know that. For example you say "my hard drive is encrypted" not "all the data on my hard drive is encrypted".
You act like encrypted RAM has never happened. It has. For example the XBOX360 encrypts it's RAM.
This sentence is only valid if the entirety of the memory is encrypted, which is not the case here, as clearly some parts of the data in RAM are not. I'm just nitpicking, no need to get so personal.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How would you go about only encrypting part of RAM? Wouldn't discerning between certain types of data and only encrypting some be a total resource drain?
Either you encrypt everything in RAM or you encrypt nothing. In this case it's, with 99% probability, nothing.
The PS3 also doesn't encrypt RAM, afaik. So it isn't unheard of in modern consoles.
In general it isn't a problem if the rest of the consoles security works. But being able to watch and edit RAM makes it much easier to find flaws in that security.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he edited the ram a lone time ago last desember, he must of done something way big, which sound to me big completion. look at the pictures of his work from last december." HUGE SUCCES"

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how region-checking is done?
Probably no different from the Wii/Gamecube or your plain old DVD player, it goes by a region setting in the cartridge header.
The CycloDS iEvolution required you to use a (E) or (U) rom depending on your DSi region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8