3DS issue with Pokemon DS (real cartridge + rom) connectivity. Works one way, doesn't the other?

YamiJustin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a New 3DS XL which I have had Luma on for a long time. I play all my backups right off the SD card, right off the menu (used a forwarder I believe). My friend purchased a regular 3DS and I installed Luma on there for her. The goal was for both of us to play Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver alongside each other. But there's a big issue: when we both enter the "Union Room" we can't see each other. The rom of HeartGold is on her 3DS, and I'm using the physical cartridge.

At first I thought you -require- a DS cart inserted, but no, then this happened. I put the physical cart in the regular 3DS and ran a rom off my New 3DS XL (with no cart inserted) and it worked! They both see each other! This is driving me mad. Why does it work one way and not the other? If both systems have a physical cart inserted they work. I just can't get it to work with a rom on her end. The actual game plays perfectly fine without any other issues.

I am deleting Twilight Menu and probably gonna reinstall it and NDS Bootstrap.
Any ideas??

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Make sure that "Wi-Fi" is turned on in TWiLight Menu++ settings on both consoles (though especially the one having issues with the ROM), there was a bug a couple versions ago that turned off Wi-Fi for 3DS users. If you're using a forwarder this might not apply but I'd still check it anyways if TWiLight is installed.

Deleting TWiLight Menu++ and reinstalling should fix it too, assuming you actually delete the _nds folder.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when we both enter the "Union Room" we can't see each other
You need both 3DS to have WiFI ON(not internet),it's easy to tell by the led light indicator if it's on, in order to see each other in the union room. Also use TWilightmenu instead of the forwarder (for now) just to make sure it's not something else causing the problem. If it doesn't work, update TWilightmenu and test again.

Reactions: Pk11

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
You need both 3DS to have WiFI ON(not internet),it's easy to tell by the led light indicator if it's on, in order to see each other in the union room. Also use TWilightmenu instead of the forwarder (for now) just to make sure it's not something else causing the problem. If it doesn't work, update TWilightmenu and test again.
fyi I think when TWiLight has Wi-Fi turned off on a 3DS the LED stays turned on for whatever reason, so make sure to check that too, even if the LED is on.

Reactions: CoolMe

YamiJustin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the replies. I did have Wifi turned on, on both systems. Good news is it seems the 256gn SD card was giving me issues. A few times the PC and 3DS it wouldn’t even be detected.

I changed it to a 64gb SD and haven’t had any issues. Whether rom connecting to another rom or a cart. All seems to work (except for my Super Stable 3D and inner camera: they seem damaged).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkjpCNa6vlY