Hacking 3DS Just bricked... with a LEGIT GW

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF another one?? So sorry that this happened to you, man. Gateway had better act fast and get their sh*t together. I'm terrified to turn on my 3DS now. I removed the SD card and ran a md5 check on the launcher and it matches ok, but screw this... rolling back to a previous version until this is sorted out. Can anybody please advise on where/how to download 2.0b1? Some folks have said to change the url on the download link, but I don't see how to do that as the version number is nowhere in the url. Also, what about those who have emunand with 7.1x running? Won't this cause problems when going back to b1?

BigGamerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DId you have any problems like during a game it would say card was removed error?

WTF another one?? So sorry that this happened to you, man. Gateway had better act fast and get their sh*t together. I'm terrified to turn on my 3DS now. I removed the SD card and ran a md5 check on the launcher and it matches ok, but screw this... rolling back to a previous version until this is sorted out. Can anybody please advise on where/how to download 2.0b1? Some folks have said to change the url on the download link, but I don't see how to do that as the version number is nowhere in the url. Also, what about those who have emunand with 7.1x running? Won't this cause problems when going back to b1?

Open the download link in a new tab.

It will say like beta release 2.0b2, change that to 2.0b1

Reactions: digipimp75

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I wouldn't necessarily say serves you right but this just shows that you can't trust a company that makes money off piracy, especially when located in china. Proof was delivered that this company won't hesistate to brick other people's property (heck, they violate Nintendo's property, do you really think they won't do the same with yours?) and yet naive fanboys defended this company because this company allowed them to play games for free. Really, people should listen to their common sense more often.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Ship it to Gateway, be the first to see if they actually will fix consoles.

...Or they won't believe you and they'll charge you $100 to return it. Have fun with that!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
For those of you saying 'Gateway better sort it out' etc. The fact that the brick code is in there to start with already shows they they have no intention of putting anything right.

In fact, I would go so fat as to suggest that gbatemp out a big warning on the front page telling everyone not to buy ANY 3DS flash cart.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For those of you saying 'Gateway better sort it out' etc. The fact that the brick code is in there to start with already shows they they have no intention of putting anything right.

In fact, I would go so fat as to suggest that gbatemp out a big warning on the front page telling everyone not to buy ANY 3DS flash cart.
The GW team clearly had malicious intentions and executed them poorly, whatever the justification may be. That being said, people have the right to do whatever they feel like doing with their systems - if they want to buy flashcarts, they're entitled to buy them. The function of news posting is to make the aware that bricks are an issue and inform them what to avoid so that they're not afflicted by them.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hope Gateway actually do stick to their word and fix/replace your 3DS. Not a good thing if actual legit users of Gateway have actually started being bricked, hopefully in the next Gateway release they implement a safer method to punish the clones.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For all the people with bricks, just look on the "nand flash dump (3ds xl)" thread on the last site. No need to send it to a money oriented company.

Punkrox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry for your lost OP and I think you've just initiated the beginning of the end for the Gateway team.

If they don't fix this quickly they will undoubtedly drop the Gateway brand and wash their hands of the problem. Afterwards they will start a new company, product and brand. All this would occur even if the card is identical to the current Gateway card.
I'd recommend gateway users to roll back their launcher as there were virtually no reports of bricking consoles in 2.0b1

On the bright side there will be far less Gateway apologists and circle jerkers on this forum.

This can still be a case of regular 3DS bricking as has happened before
You're delusional, please don't encourage people to believe their launcher (2.0b2) is safe.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
All people bashing on GT, it really makes me laugh, and these lies.

Come on guys, no one had their bricked last week, and now we have people having their 3DS bricked everyday? LMFAO.

For those who don't know, check this out : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party
This describes the chinese way very well and the thing is the Chinese are not good at lying. I have been living in China for some years so I really know what I'm talking about. They don't respect the work of others.

R4 ain't making money as they used to be in the past. So they are just spreading false rumors, using "fake" members, lying on forums.

Haven't you noticed? Most of them are not old members.

Reactions: MichiS97

Punkrox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RenegadeKid this has already been covered. It was stated that the probability of the brick is triggered by date sequences.
Look at the OPs posting history before saying anything else... How the hell is he a plant?

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So far, it seems the only GW bricks with 2.0b2 were with EmuNAND 7.1. Am I wrong? I wonder if this is directly related to the EmuNAND version.

Edit: Also, I just reverted to 1.2. This makes me feel so fucking uncomfortable.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just rolled back to beta1.

If Gateway isn't going to react it will be bad news as well for them (loss of sales) as well for us. If they eventually bail out they will be leaving us with a broken beta2.

As I wrote in another topic. As a company you can better admit you made an error and correct it. Consumers will forgive you very quick because you take them serious.
Look at car manufacturers (callback for repairs), food with something wrong , toys with bad paint or parts comming of.... removed from stores followed by an advertisments in papers and that doesn't hurt a brand at all....

Denying you made a mistake only makes it worse as the truth eventually comes out (as in this case).

I can imagine Gateway is reading forums like this so I hope they will react (there is hoping :-) )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...