• Likes 43

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what reason do you ask? Are you trying to play NDS roms on your flash cart?
Nothing like that. DS flash carts are mostly used for NDS roms. I was thinking of using it as more than just a mere flash cart for NDS roms, more like a secondary microSD card slot.
Basically, it could be used as another place for 3DSX homebrew, CIA files, etc.

The idea came from DS-Mode being able to read the original R4 directly, and ahezard's nds-hb-menu (running in DSi-Mode) now being able to switch between the SD card, and the original R4 by pressing START/SELECT. Would be neat if smea's and mashers' HBL switches between them as well.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• Screenshot (122).png
    Screenshot (122).png
    59.2 KB · Views: 131

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing like that. DS flash carts are mostly used for NDS roms. I was thinking of using it as more than just a mere flash cart for NDS roms, more like a secondary microSD card slot.
Basically, it could be used as another place for 3DSX homebrew, CIA files, etc.

The idea came from DS-Mode being able to read the original R4 directly, and ahezard's nds-hb-menu (running in DSi-Mode) now being able to switch between the SD card, and the original R4 by pressing START/SELECT. Would be neat if smea's and mashers' HBL switches between them as well.
You can't run 3ds homebrew on a NDS flashcart. it only runs NDS files format, you need a 3DS flash cart or use homebrew launcher to run 3DS homebrew, and it won't load any 3ds file on the flashcart into the system. It only loads whats in the sdcard slot in the system.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i probably forgot to add it here it is
Anything with the extention NDS DAT ELF You don't need.

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the TWL_FIRM patch thing and tried to play my R4i SDHC flashcard using TWL Slot-1 Launcher. I got the "An error has occurred." black screen thing. I downloaded the 1.12d kernel from r4i-sdhc.com as indicated on the flashcard. Is there something I'm missing? I have a picture of my flashcard here: http://i.imgur.com/oAVGSUC.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't run 3ds homebrew on a NDS flashcart. it only runs NDS files format, you need a 3DS flash cart or use homebrew launcher to run 3DS homebrew, and it won't load any 3ds file on the flashcart into the system. It only loads whats in the sdcard slot in the system.

Anything with the extention NDS DAT ELF You don't need.
ELF omg santa installing stuff on my 3ds now. lol. this still is going into black screen. just now seen your response. ill try again. ugh. turning off and turning on and going to homebrew takes a sec but im used to it.

does it show instantly when you launch Luma3ds the guide says 15. Activate "Show current NAND in System Settings" and it still goes to black screen nothing shows.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ELF omg santa installing stuff on my 3ds now. lol. this still is going into black screen. just now seen your response. ill try again. ugh. turning off and turning on and going to homebrew takes a sec but im used to it.

does it show instantly when you launch Luma3ds the guide says 15. Activate "Show current NAND in System Settings" and it still goes to black screen nothing shows.
Make sure luma 3ds data is on your sd card at the root. Remember the diagram i showed you before? How to install luma for menuhax homebrew loader?

Put LUMA3DS.Dat on the root of the sd card. Then check the 3DS folder and see if there is a luma3DS folder inside of it.

I did the TWL_FIRM patch thing and tried to play my R4i SDHC flashcard using TWL Slot-1 Launcher. I got the "An error has occurred." black screen thing. I downloaded the 1.12d kernel from r4i-sdhc.com as indicated on the flashcard. Is there something I'm missing? I have a picture of my flashcard here: http://i.imgur.com/oAVGSUC.jpg

Thanks in advance!
I dunno, you sure you patched it right? if you are using luma, i don't think you need to patch anything.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
areas showing luma. this last one i think has the thing showing luma3ds and its a dat file on the 3ds root. there is also a luma3ds in the first pic which in a folder with something called brahma and that other stuff. its all in the pics.

yeah there is a luma3ds in the 3ds folder

Attachments

• Screenshot (123).png
    Screenshot (123).png
    130.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot (124).png
    Screenshot (124).png
    158.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot (125).png
    Screenshot (125).png
    141.6 KB · Views: 111

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using rxTools. I followed this guide.
You should definiatly update to luma right now. :P

areas showing luma. this last one i think has the thing showing luma3ds and its a dat file on the 3ds root. there is also a luma3ds in the first pic which in a folder with something called brahma and that other stuff. its all in the pics.

yeah there is a luma3ds in the 3ds folder

Delete the Arm9payload folder. You don't need it. Remember the diagram.

Luma/ 3DS Luma3ds.dat

Reactions: Latyana

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should already be, you hav the right files on the SD card.

Find the lumaCFW on Github, there is also a wiki on how to install it. :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)<< i been following this guide you handed to me other day. its what i been following to get the a9lh eventually installed. after the emunand9 thing it says to Activate "Show current NAND in System Settings" but it goes to black screen n now the a9lh payload folder isnt there it just went to not loading to homebrew at all.

whats else am i doing wrong?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)<< i been following this guide you handed to me other day. its what i been following to get the a9lh eventually installed. after the emunand9 thing it says to Activate "Show current NAND in System Settings" but it goes to black screen n now the a9lh payload folder isnt there it just went to not loading to homebrew at all.

whats else am i doing wrong?
Instructions
  1. Delete any existing luma folder from the root of your SD card
  2. Copy the Luma3DS.dat file, the 3ds folder, and the luma folder from the Luma3DS zip to the root of your SD card
  3. Copy and merge the 3ds folder from the EmuNAND9 zip to the root of your SD card
  4. Copy and merge the 3ds folder from the TinyFormat zip to the root of your SD card
Follow these steps again okay?

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instructions
  1. Delete any existing luma folder from the root of your SD card
  2. Copy the Luma3DS.dat file, the 3ds folder, and the luma folder from the Luma3DS zip to the root of your SD card
  3. Copy and merge the 3ds folder from the EmuNAND9 zip to the root of your SD card
  4. Copy and merge the 3ds folder from the TinyFormat zip to the root of your SD card
Follow these steps again okay?

irony of it. thats exactly what im doing. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...