• Likes 43

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, posted did a few days and quite a lot of pages ago and it seems like no one saw it so i'll try asking again lol
Hey guys, been using Sky3ds+ with private header and ninjhax for a while now but yesterday i followed this guide https://3ds.guide/ since i just learned that 11.2.0-35U was compatible since new exploit was found recently.

So now that i have a CFW and a Sky3DS+, i have a few questions.

I know i was pretty safe with using online or eshop with my SKY3DS+ and private header, but now with .cia games i understand that no headers are needed as it use your console unique ID so you technically have the equivalent of a private header and shouldn't get banned using online. Now i'm not sure about the eshop, i have read that having come .cia games can get you banned or your .cia gets deleted/removed when visiting the eshop . . . is that why there is an eshop app in the homebrew starter kit?

Regarding the homebrew starter kit, it seems that a lot of included things in the homebrew channel are useless. Is there a place i can find a description of what each of those apps do in details so i can delete the ones i really won't ever need?

And regarding .cia games, what difference is there between 3ds rom converted to .cia or eshop exclusive .cia? I know there is legit and unsigned .cia but there is also cryptofixed and i'm not quite sure how i should deal with all of those regarding online and eshop use as to the risk etc . . .

Also since pokémon Sun/Moon roms still havent had their AP cracked by Sky team, does having a CFW helps me in any ways regarding roms i can run on the SKY3DS+ through regionfreelauncher, Hans or something else? I still plan to run all my current roms on my cart and maybe get a few eshop exclusive as .cia, but for cases like the newest pokémon games, would converting my 3ds rom into .cia be the best option?

If there is any really useful things i should install now that i have CFW, don't hesitate to recommend them and where to find them :P

Oh and is there a way to edit my picrite count in pokémon picross lol, i know i have the app to change the play coins already installed so i wonder if a similar app exist for this free game as moving the clock back and forth around midnight is a tedious way to get picrite lol

Can't think of anything else right now but thx in advance for the help and info as well as the time you take replying :P

DiegoDam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Extract this on your SD's root and launch the "luma3d.3dsx" through the homebrew launcher (using menuhax, for example).
Or you can also follow the guide and set up a9lh+luma
Hello! I Did it! I've configurate Luma as the tutorial says, but when I enter Luma via Homebrew, i got a black screen. What Can I Do? Thank you!

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Man, thank you! This morning i'm gonna teu! But i can delete all the cakes files? And overwrite all the others files? The new FBI have influence about runnig or nota games like Mário maker or its Just a new interface? Thank you again!
You can remove the Cake CFW files, but is not needed (this way you can boot with cakes or Luma whenever you want).
I don't think the way FBI install cias has changed, but I would recomend to install the latest version in order to be able to use new features like installing cias through QR code or autoupdate the FBI itself easily

Hello! I Did it! I've configurate Luma as the tutorial says, but when I enter Luma via Homebrew, i got a black screen. What Can I Do? Thank you!
Try setting up a splash screen (I think it's called like that)
How to
I don't know why but that increases the boot rate quite a lot

Last edited by Arubaro,

DiegoDam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

DiegoDam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can remove the Cake CFW files, but is not needed (this way you can boot with cakes or Luma whenever you want).
I don't think the way FBI install cias has changed, but I would recomend to install the latest version in order to be able to use new features like installing cias through QR code or autoupdate the FBI itself easily

Try setting up a splash screen (I think it's called like that)
How to
I don't know why but that increases the boot rate quite a lot

Hi! I set up show the error, and I'm having this screen after trying enter LUMA via Homebrew. Could you tell me what's happening? I will read about the splash screen! But I think if you know about the errors code, we could figure it out whats the matter. Thank you again, you are very kind!

Attachments

• IMG_20170114_114115741.jpg
    IMG_20170114_114115741.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 114

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I set up show the error, and I'm having this screen after trying enter LUMA via Homebrew. Could you tell me what's happening? I will read about the splash screen! But I think if you know about the errors code, we could figure it out whats the matter. Thank you again, you are very kind!
Did you follow the http://3ds.guide or just extracted the files from the files I gave you into your SD?

EDIT: Try booting Luma3ds and pressing SELECT to enter the config screen again.
Then, select only the options with the yellow "X" (and the splash option too, even if it's not in the screenshot) and save the changes

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited by Arubaro,

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I have been trying to use fasthax to install a9lh, but it crashes everytime to a red screen. Because of this I wanted to use SudokuHax, but this 3ds.guide link does not have it anymore any advice on what I should do
You should simply follow 3ds.guide
Hello! I'm having some issue, a black screen when I enter via homebrew on Luma. I've seen here somewhere thats the verson 5.2 would fix this. But I did not know wich of then is these 5.2 version. Could you tell me please? thank you!
5.2 is pretty old, you should always stay on the altest.
Do you have an Emunand set up? What entry point do you use.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all o/ !
I'm sorry to disturb you (not really an important question so i'm quite relax about this) but as you can see on my sign, i've a LOT of 3DS.
I want to hack some etc, but at the end of the support of Nintendo, so I didn't touch them at all, a lot of them have factory firmware. Like all my 2DS Pokemon, my O3DS XL etc...
I'm gonna update to 11.2 my O3DS Black Ambassador because all my games online are there (like pokebank and i need to get my account back for my 7G, and this way still be in an exploitable firmware.
Same for my N3DSXL this way i could finally play Pokemon Sun on large screens and still hack it.

What about the others ? Should I stay on their firmware (from 8.X to 11.X) or update them ALL to 11.2 ?

Thanks o/

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
thank you so much. Few more questions please.
I have successfully installed Luma3ds and a9lh. (sysnand Firmware 9.1)
Can i update to 11.0 firmware version ? and can i use eshop ?
Can i play ds game ?
Thanks in advance.

Why are you not following the guide? In 3DS guide it clearly says "Updating while on A9LH is safe, stop asking about it". If you are on 11.2 you can use e-shop yes .. or freeshop for that matter. For DS games you need a flashcart like R4.. R4 is pretty cheap anyways. There's something that was released recently which will let you play DS Games without a cart but I don't recommend it. It's compatible with only a handful of games as of now and it doesn't work as good as games on flashcart.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hey all o/ !
I'm sorry to disturb you (not really an important question so i'm quite relax about this) but as you can see on my sign, i've a LOT of 3DS.
I want to hack some etc, but at the end of the support of Nintendo, so I didn't touch them at all, a lot of them have factory firmware. Like all my 2DS Pokemon, my O3DS XL etc...
I'm gonna update to 11.2 my O3DS Black Ambassador because all my games online are there (like pokebank and i need to get my account back for my 7G, and this way still be in an exploitable firmware.
Same for my N3DSXL this way i could finally play Pokemon Sun on large screens and still hack it.

What about the others ? Should I stay on their firmware (from 8.X to 11.X) or update them ALL to 11.2 ?

Thanks o/
Both O3DS and N3DS are exploitable on 11.2 so its safe to update them ALL. You can hack some now and just in case you want to hack the others later on, you'll be able to.

Reactions: Rick Astley

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Both O3DS and N3DS are exploitable on 11.2 so its safe to update them ALL. You can hack some now and just in case you want to hack the others later on, you'll be able to.

Yep, I'm aware of that of course that's why i'm gonna update some already. But i'd to keep some for sighax, and I want to be sure for this one that 11.2 could work on it. I can wait many years in order to hack them, so i'm not in a rush, except if it's better to update them and so doing it before 11.3 (because I can't update during the week, that's why)

Thanks o/

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yep, I'm aware of that of course that's why i'm gonna update some already. But i'd to keep some for sighax, and I want to be sure for this one that 11.2 could work on it. I can wait many years in order to hack them, so i'm not in a rush, except if it's better to update them and so doing it before 11.3 (because I can't update during the week, that's why)

Thanks o/
If they're hacked you'll be able to downgrade to whatever version is required for sighax once its released.

Reactions: Rick Astley

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it's more to keep some clean, some with EmuNAND, some with A9LH, some with sighax, I really want to have different 3DS, and some are collector, so not really willing to hack them, but we never know (aka i can put a EmuNAND on some of them not really a problem), gonna update some of them anyway soon o/

Thanks for the answer !

OH YEAH, I just have another question now that I've talked about my collectors. i'd like to dump the Pokemon Red (French version) of my 2DS Pokemon Edition because I can't find it anywhere, can I use soundhax + Decrypt9 without having any special hax except the HBL ?

Thanks !

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Well it's more to keep some clean, some with EmuNAND, some with A9LH, some with sighax, I really want to have different 3DS, and some are collector, so not really willing to hack them, but we never know (aka i can put a EmuNAND on some of them not really a problem), gonna update some of them anyway soon o/

Thanks for the answer !

OH YEAH, I just have another question now that I've talked about my collectors. i'd like to dump the Pokemon Red (French version) of my 2DS Pokemon Edition because I can't find it anywhere, can I use soundhax + Decrypt9 without having any special hax except the HBL ?

Thanks !
IIRC Yes. Try it and look at the output folder on your sd card to make sure it's not a blank file.
Edit: Wait, im not sure if it will work with Decrypt9(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
You should try this instead https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

Last edited by FTRBND,

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no no, not asking for the SAVE file, but the game itself so having a .cia
I need it to put in on another 3DS in fact o/

I'm dealing with saves for so many years, I know how to do that without any problem

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Oh no no, not asking for the SAVE file, but the game itself so having a .cia
I need it to put in on another 3DS in fact o/

I'm dealing with saves for so many years, I know how to do that without any problem
You should probably just redownload it instead using Freeshop. Less hassle.

opollon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I cant get run an old DsTT Flashcard on Luma, i get the error screen to hold power to turn off, but my old R4i works perfectly. Is it possible to run it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong