• Views 4,553,021
  • Replies 53,804
  • Likes 43

tivo76

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i mean is, when i turn on my non nintendo 3ds XL, the files do not show up at all, the NTRCFW applician does not show, the pre built-in games does not show, nothing shows up at all

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i mean is, when i turn on my non nintendo 3ds XL, the files do not show up at all, the NTRCFW applician does not show, the pre built-in games does not show, nothing shows up at all
You can't just swap an SD card and have the games show up. You have to do a system transfer. The games are encrypted per console. In the case of non-bought games, they won't transfer and you'd have to reinstall them after transferring (their data will transfer but not the ticket, meaning they won't show up on the home menu). If the other console does not have CFW then you'll only be able to transfer the legit bought stuff.

Reactions: Uumas

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You'll need to do a system transfer. After that the files will be visible on the non-xl but not in the xl.

NoddyRams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noob!!

Ok firstly apologies I haven't read all the other posts for answers but feel it's a specific help I'm after so thought it might be best to just ask for advice.

Basically I'm looking at buying a 2DS. In the main for the typical Pokémon Mario Zelda games. Obvsiouly as I'm just buying the 2DS will most likely have the latest firmware (11.3?).

So my questions are:

Which flash card is best for my situation?

Also I know 2DS's can play 3DS games but not in 3D, does that also mean a non 3DS flash card will work for the 3D game roms but just in 2D on a 2DS? Or do the 3DS roms require a 3DS flash card also, and then do the 3DS flash cards work in a 2DS?

I'm not bothered about emulators or any other homebrew I just want to play standard dsi/3DS roms.

Best website to purchase a card from?

So basically I'm after a do it all flash card for the latest 2DS models?

Thanks in advance

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Noob!!

Ok firstly apologies I haven't read all the other posts for answers but feel it's a specific help I'm after so thought it might be best to just ask for advice.

Basically I'm looking at buying a 2DS. In the main for the typical Pokémon Mario Zelda games. Obvsiouly as I'm just buying the 2DS will most likely have the latest firmware (11.3?).

So my questions are:

Also I know 2DS's can play 3DS games but not in 3D, does that also mean a non 3DS flash card will work for the 3D game roms but just in 2D on a 2DS? Or do the 3DS roms require a 3DS flash card also, and then do the 3DS flash cards work in a 2DS?

I'm not bothered about emulators or any other homebrew I just want to play standard dsi/3DS roms.

Thanks in advance
It shouldn't come with 11.3 so just install cfw. If it does though, Sky3ds is probably the only only flashcard that will work. 3ds ROMs need 3ds flashcard.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Noob!!

So my questions are:

Thanks in advance
If you buy a brand new 2DS it will be hackable. If you buy one second hand ask to check the firmware, it needs to be 11.2 or less.
If you end up with an 11.3 console then you would have to buy a Sky3DS which costs $80-$100. And it only lets you play 3DS games that came as cartridges, so no DSi or anything else.
If you had an 11.3 console and you were asking what to do with it, everyone would tell you to sell it and buy a lower firmware one. So do yourself a favour and make sure you get a lower firmware one to start with.

Once you do, follow https://3ds.guide on it.

NoddyRams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
11.3 is the latest firmware, buy new 2ds don't come with it yet. Cfw or custom firmware is a way to install homebrew and pirated games. You can install cfw by following this guide: https://3ds.guide/

Thank you.

Just to also ask so if it does have 11.2 what card would I require?

Also I'm confused by what is classed as a 3DS game? Is it all games that can do the 3D mode? So Mario kart? Mario 3D land? Pokémon x y?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thank you.

Also I'm confused by what is classed as a 3DS game? Is it all games that can do the 3D mode? So Mario kart? Mario 3D land? Pokémon x y?
3ds games are all the games that have the Nintendo 3ds text on the side of their box. In 11.2, you don't need a flashcard, because you can just install cfw to achieve the same goal.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you.

You don't require any card on 11.2 or less, you can install it for free. Yes, all of those are 3DS games. DS games are ones that can be played on DS. Eg Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Mario 64. For those you need a DS flashcart.

NoddyRams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3ds games are all the games that have the Nintendo 3ds text on the side of their box. In 11.2, you don't need a flashcard, because you can just install cfw to achieve the same goal.

Oh right ok, so basically get a 2DS with 11.2 firmware is the solution here.

And to confirm the cfw will allow me to play ds and 3DS roms?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh right ok, so basically get a 2DS with 11.2 firmware is the solution here.

And to confirm the cfw will allow me to play ds and 3DS roms?
It will allow only 3ds. If you want ds, you will need a ds flashcard, but they are cheap. Like 5-15€/$/£

NoddyRams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't require any card on 11.2 or less, you can install it for free. Yes, all of those are 3DS games. DS games are ones that can be played on DS. Eg Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Mario 64. For those you need a DS flashcart.

Ok that's great thank you... just to check as above you say I do need a flash card for the ds games but also say I don't require any card if I get 11.2 or less?

Will cfw not allow me to play all and any games then?
It will allow only 3ds. If you want ds, you will need a ds flashcard, but they are cheap. Like 5-15€/$/£

Ok starting to make sense now.

So get 11.2 or less and install cfw for 3DS games and then...

Get a flash card for ds games, do you recommend one that plays al the latest games and works on 11.2?

Thanks for all your advice

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok that's great thank you... just to check as above you say I do need a flash card for the ds games but also say I don't require any card if I get 11.2 or less?

Will cfw not allow me to play all and any games then?

Ok starting to make sense now.

So get 11.2 or less and install cfw for 3DS games and then...

Get a flash card for ds games, do you recommend one that plays al the latest games and works on 11.2?

Thanks for all your advice
Yes. I would probably buy this, but I'm not the best one to give advice on ds flashcards http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=490

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @TimeMaster, what happenned?