Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
NOOOOOOOOOO, I followed the steps and pressed start and the screen froze again and went to the home screen saying an error occurred and it restarted the console. What is happening?!
That's pretty weird. If it only does that when you exit the app though it isn't so bad. Were the games listed when you went back into it?

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

mnmscandi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay sorry another noob question here. Finally broke down and downloaded CFW using the 3ds.guide page. Everything seemed to be fine and well until I went to play Paper Mario Sticker Star today--won't even load the title screen. I just get a message saying that "An error has occurred" with the following info:

error type: generic
process ID: 38
Process name: CtrApp
Process ID : 0x00040000000a5e00

address: 0x002a1064
error code: 0xc8804470

press any button to reboot.

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What about the luma legacy boot.firm on my sd card? And will going on 8.1 will the freeshop go to that error screen again before I put in luma legacy?
Using Luma updater will rename your current boot.firm to boot.firm.bak and download the boot.firm from Luma 8.1 on your SD card. What do you mean by your other question? I don't think your Luma version will affect freeShop since you tried legacy and it didn't help.

AviM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi,

I have old 3DS with firmware version 4.5.0-0E , When I try to launch the browser I get a message that I had to upgrade in order to do so, my goal is to install custom firmware according to http://3ds.guide Can I do so without flashcart ?or is it a must in my case.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

AviM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
You need a flashcart, or update to 9.2-11.3 and use one of https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives)

Thanks for the quick response.

How should I update to 9.2-11.3? using the regular method (update from settings) ? Is there any way to force upgrade to 9.2 ?
I'm not sure I understood correctly but from a few forum threads I looked at it's better to stay on 9.2 isn't it ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the quick response.

How should I update to 9.2-11.3? using the regular method (update from settings) ? Is there any way to force upgrade to 9.2 ?
I'm not sure I understood correctly but from a few forum threads I looked at it's better to stay on 9.2 isn't it ?
You need to use a cartridge. If you don't already have the stuff required for an alternative entrypoint then you're better off buying a flashcart (a lot cheaper).

Reactions: AviM

poulette73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Possible to convert savegame from a .CIA game to the .3DS same game ?

Hi everyone,

I've got a New 3DS XL (version 11.5.0-38E) and CFW (hack by Soundhax method with boot9strap, Luma3DS, Homebrew launcher and other tools like FBI).
All CIA games installed with FBI work fine.

I also own a SKY3DS+ V3 orange buttons (firmware version V140) and a 64 Gb micro SDHC card, where I put games in .3DS format.
For theses games, savegame are easy to identify because they have the same name as the game with .SAV extension.

But where I can find the savegame for a game stored in the console ?
What is the best and easy way (if possible) to find, export and convert this savegame to a file in .SAV format, which I could later use with SKY3DS+ and exactly the same game in .3DS format ?

Is there a tool for this on PC or 3DS capable to perform this conversion ?

I've tried Savedatafiler and JK'Save Manager (CIA version) but unfortunately I did not succeed.

Thank's a lot in advance, and sorry if it's a noob question. B-)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Possible to convert savegame from a .CIA game to the .3DS same game ?

Hi everyone,

I've got a New 3DS XL (version 11.5.0-38E) and CFW (hack by Soundhax method with boot9strap, Luma3DS, Homebrew launcher and other tools like FBI).
All CIA games installed with FBI work fine.

I also own a SKY3DS+ V3 orange buttons (firmware version V140) and a 64 Gb micro SDHC card, where I put games in .3DS format.
For theses games, savegame are easy to identify because they have the same name as the game with .SAV extension.

But where I can find the savegame for a game stored in the console ?
What is the best and easy way (if possible) to find, export and convert this savegame to a file in .SAV format, which I could later use with SKY3DS+ and exactly the same game in .3DS format ?

Is there a tool for this on PC or 3DS capable to perform this conversion ?

I've tried Savedatafiler and JK'Save Manager (CIA version) but unfortunately I did not succeed.

Thank's a lot in advance, and sorry if it's a noob question. B-)
Yes, you can try https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ but replace the parts that say press select and choose a rom to press the button and choose the game so it shows in the cartridge icon.

Reactions: poulette73

poulette73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much for your fast answer Quantumcat.
At this moment I've not my SKY3DS+ with me, but I will try as soon as I'll get it back.:)

For the time being I only realized the first part, ie the export of a backup from a CIA game.
The result is a file named savegame.dat, stored in directory in SD Card named /JKSV/Saves/<name of the game>/

My next step will be to insert my SKY3DS+ into the slot and select the same game in question.
Then launch JK'SaveManager and choose Cartridge + Import Save.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you very much for your fast answer Quantumcat.
At this moment I've not my SKY3DS+ with me, but I will try as soon as I'll get it back.:)

For the time being I only realized the first part, ie the export of a backup from a CIA game.
The result is a file named savegame.dat, stored in directory in SD Card named /JKSV/Saves/<name of the game>/

My next step will be to insert my SKY3DS+ into the slot and select the same game in question.
Then launch JK'SaveManager and choose Cartridge + Import Save.
Yes you are right, I'm sorry that I didn't read your post well enough to realise that you wanted to go cia -> Sky3DS and assumed it was the other way. It will probably work. If you have issues I don't think I can help but others will be able to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong