KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to use Mode 3 NTR but when it loads, this error is coming up. Help
37094da301c143e23419e022ea61d6d3.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Do you have the file it says to have (ntr.o3ds.bin) on the root of your SD card? It says "open /ntr.03ds.bin failed", and without seeing your SD card contents, I can only assume you don't have that file.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: Quantumcat

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need help on trying to upload an issue to the Luma page. But I'm stuck, and don't know what to do, because I literally don't know what anything means (shown below) can someone explain to me what I'm supposed to check off and what I'm supposed to say? I know what the error is but this pre stuff is confusing.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 155

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help on trying to upload an issue to the Luma page. But I'm stuck, and don't know what to do, because I literally don't know what anything means (shown below) can someone explain to me what I'm supposed to check off and what I'm supposed to say? I know what the error is but this pre stuff is confusing.
Look at your Luma settings on your 3DS and compare it to what the issues page says. Then change the () to (x) in the issues page as you come across a setting that you have marked on your 3DS's Luma settings.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look at your Luma settings on your 3DS and compare it to what the issues page says. Then change the () to (x) in the issues page as you come across a setting that you have marked on your 3DS's Luma settings.
Oh, now I get it. I've got everything down, but what do I say for the sysNAND part because I don't get that part at all?

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you have the file it says to have (ntr.o3ds.bin) on the root of your SD card? It says "open /ntr.03ds.bin failed", and without seeing your SD card contents, I can only assume you don't have that file.

Sorry for the slow reply, Ive been on nights at work so have only just woke up, yes i do

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So sometimes when I take my 3ds SD card from it and put it back in...I get the blue light that switch off 1 second after that happens when it can't find the boot.firm...so I tried booting without SD card at all to see if I really put the firm in CTRNand and...my 3ds booted...so what? I thought that when it couldn't find the firm in the SD card...it switched to the CTRNand one...so why when my SD card is not detected well do I have the "no firm detected" thing?

UNarmed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 3ds's fbi wont install cias
i keep getring
Failed to install from url
result code 0xD9004586
level permanent (27)
summary wrong arguement
module fs (17)
desc <unknown> (390)

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I finally managed to install cfw in 2 new3ds last week I think. Both are in bs9 1.2 and luma 8.1
I haven't have a single problem yet in any of them. So thanks to everyone that make this possible.

I do have some more questions though: keep in mind I am a complete noob!

1. To update luma manually is as simple as delete boot.firm 8.1 from the root of sdcard and put boot.firm 8.11? That is all? or do I need to boot into n3ds and go to luma or something and do some settings or check?

2. Will manually updating luma by just changing boot firm versions, will I still get the option to press A+X or something like that, to be able to boot without sdcard? and is that option a must to have? what is the standard or best to do if that pop up?

3. What is the best settings or guide to do, to avoid new futures updates to the new3ds? or I can be online all the time without any worries?<---- not that important since kids don't really play online.

4. To be ready just in case, should I install Flipnote Studio 3D? if so can this be install from freeshop? or CIA form? or it has to be only from eshop?

5. I have r4 gold flashcard and kids plays snes games from it, what emu does that use? I see I can install SNES9x in the n3ds. is that the same emu or forget about the flashcard emu and just install SNES9x?

6. Finally, what is the different in installing something via freeshop and via cia? what is the best way?

I am sorry for so many questions but I didn't want to make multiple post and also I am still super excited that I managed to do the cfw = not more missing games, not more mixed games ( didn't know saves stock in games)
not more carrying all those mini games that get lost, w0000t!! thanks everyone.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello, I finally managed to install cfw in 2 new3ds last week I think. Both are in bs9 1.2 and luma 8.1
I haven't have a single problem yet in any of them. So thanks to everyone that make this possible.

I do have some more questions though: keep in mind I am a complete noob!

1. To update luma manually is as simple as delete boot.firm 8.1 from the root of sdcard and put boot.firm 8.11? That is all? or do I need to boot into n3ds and go to luma or something and do some settings or check?

2. Will manually updating luma by just changing boot firm versions, will I still get the option to press A+X or something like that, to be able to boot without sdcard? and is that option a must to have? what is the standard or best to do if that pop up?

3. What is the best settings or guide to do, to avoid new futures updates to the new3ds? or I can be online all the time without any worries?<---- not that important since kids don't really play online.

4. To be ready just in case, should I install Flipnote Studio 3D? if so can this be install from freeshop? or CIA form? or it has to be only from eshop?

5. I have r4 gold flashcard and kids plays snes games from it, what emu does that use? I see I can install SNES9x in the n3ds. is that the same emu or forget about the flashcard emu and just install SNES9x?

6. Finally, what is the different in installing something via freeshop and via cia? what is the best way?

I am sorry for so many questions but I didn't want to make multiple post and also I am still super excited that I managed to do the cfw = not more missing games, not more mixed games ( didn't know saves stock in games)
not more carrying all those mini games that get lost, w0000t!! thanks everyone.
When you install a CFW, it is installed permanently. No matter what updates get downloaded, you can never lose your CFW (You have to run an uninstaller to remove it). And since you have CFW, this means your 3DS is already hacked. Why bother downloading a game with an exploit (Flipnote 3D), to hack your 3DS, if it is already hacked?

Also, you can use Virtual console injects to play SNES games on the New 3DS (The old 3DS didn't have enough horsepower for such a thing, which is why it is only supported on the New 3DS)

Freeshop is for convenience, but personally, I use CIAs. I don't believe there is a best way, just whatever suits you.

And lastly, if the kids don't play online, you can simply turn off WiFi on the 3DS so that it never connects to the internet and never gets banned.

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to pop in here, Don't have a question, but I'd like to point out that this thread has 2053 pages! That's more pages than there are years (not counting BC)! That's crazy. So thanks to anyone who has helped someone out in this thread (:

Reactions: Quantumcat

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've double checked, my bad I had put in the wrong bin file in, I'd put in the n3ds bin and not the o3ds bin file. Loads up OK. How do I keep ntr running and not close it? You're supposed to leave it running aren't you?
ae33bf45a1a56681cb36147f15c8ede8.jpg

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've double checked, my bad I had put in the wrong bin file in, I'd put in the n3ds bin and not the o3ds bin file. Loads up OK. How do I keep ntr running and not close it? You're supposed to leave it running aren't you?
ae33bf45a1a56681cb36147f15c8ede8.jpg

This is why I use BootNTR Selector because after running it, it will auto-exit the app. Also, make sure that you do not use Mode 3 version of BootNTR/BootNTR Selector for games like Super Mario 3D Land, because Mode 3 is only to be used with SuMo/Mario Maker and other extended memory games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: happy pride month guys