• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try reflashing your backup again?

Tried all three of the backups on the 3ds.guide first two boot my card but the issue persist. Third one gives black screen.

vw1AQ
https://imgur.com/a/vw1AQ is what i get.

It loads all other games fine though its just black 2 and white 2 that get this red loading font/freeze thing.. :/

Last edited by Nickm23,

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did even the 2DS outsell the standard size N3DS in Japan as well as in a few other countries!? The latter supports not only 3D effects and the same abilities as the N3DSXL; it has the benefit of taking up less pocket space, and supported interchangeable face plates, after all.

Also, why can't 3DS Download software be placed on system memory like Dsiware and Photos can?

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pokémon Sun and Moon related question: I’m kinda freaking out because I don’t know if I’m banned or not. I’ve been reading articles showing photos of the screen of a 3DS saying that “Pokémon Global Link cannot be accessed through this save data” and I’ve went online in the game and went into global missions and I haven’t seen an error code. I’m really struggling because I don’t know what it looks like to be banned on Sun and Moon, where are you supposed to go to show that you got banned basically. I’ve had no problems connecting to the internet and doing global missions but I haven’t tried game sync or anything. Could someone help me or show me what it looks like to be banned and how to show it? *stupid question sorry*

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Pokémon Sun and Moon related question: I’m kinda freaking out because I don’t know if I’m banned or not. I’ve been reading articles showing photos of the screen of a 3DS saying that “Pokémon Global Link cannot be accessed through this save data” and I’ve went online in the game and went into global missions and I haven’t seen an error code. I’m really struggling because I don’t know what it looks like to be banned on Sun and Moon, where are you supposed to go to show that you got banned basically. I’ve had no problems connecting to the internet and doing global missions but I haven’t tried game sync or anything. Could someone help me or show me what it looks like to be banned and how to show it? *stupid question sorry*
If you go into your friends list and you get an error you're banned. If you can see your friends you aren't banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why did even the 2DS outsell the standard size N3DS in Japan as well as in a few other countries!? The latter supports not only 3D effects and the same abilities as the N3DSXL; it has the benefit of taking up less pocket space, and supported interchangeable face plates, after all.
Cheaper, more suitable for kids, comes in many colours I imagine.

Also, why can't 3DS Download software be placed on system memory like Dsiware and Photos can?
Because it is regular 3DS software. BTW photos are stored to the SD card in the DCIM folder.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you go into your friends list and you get an error you're banned. If you can see your friends you aren't banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cheaper, more suitable for kids, comes in many colours I imagine.

Because it is regular 3DS software. BTW photos are stored to the SD card in the DCIM folder.
I can fully see my friends list so it doesn't matter but what I'm talking about is within the game, you are banned from going online. The error message when banned in Pokemon Sun and Moon is different than the Nintendo online services one. Can you be banned in the game only and what does it look like to get banned? Or do you just have to be banned by Nintendo and the error codes are different either way? So my question is, can you ONLY be banned in a game but not banned from Nintendo's online services or do you get banned altogether?

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you once again :)
1. About half an hour max (shorter if you're on A9LH and just updating to B9S)
2. You won't lose your games, no need to reinstall anything
3. You don't want to do that, they may need to update Luma when there's a firmware update, and if they take their SD card out or it fails they will wonder why all their data is gone and the firmware changed! Better to install b9s and flash the emuNAND to the sysNAND.
4. The buyer won't know the difference but it is a better result for them if you install B9S. Otherwise if a new firmware update comes that isn't compatible with your setup they'll have no clue what to do while you do

My brother reminded me today that we never did the AL9H process. I can still follow the B9S tutorial anyway right? I seems like it just replaces AL9H.

Does B9S prevent banning? In what ways does it make the system safe with regards to that? I’m still worried about playing online or potential buyer blaming me down the line.

Thanks

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
My brother reminded me today that we never did the AL9H process. I can still follow the B9S tutorial anyway right? I seems like it just replaces AL9H.

Does B9S prevent banning? In what ways does it make the system safe with regards to that? I’m still worried about playing online or potential buyer blaming me down the line.

Thanks
Yes just follow the guide.
No - anytime you run CFW you risk being banned. Uninstalling it will not help, it can be logged for future bans (and once you have no CFW you can't unban). So once you have it, keep it. After from the ban wave in May very few or no people have reported being banned so it is nothing to be worrying over. Disable spotpass system information sharing like the guide says, and in the unlikely event the buyer is banned and contacts you, simply forward him a guide to unbanning and leave it at that.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try one from here if you haven't. Make sure it's for your card, as flashing the wrong backup can brick your flashcard.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/flashcard-firmware-backups.481268/

EDIT: Try the very first one "R4i 3DS Rev C"

Will do! thank you so much for helping :)

Another question (for anyone not you specifically) Checkpoint save manager, i did backup my saves but when i check the folder location (2ds/checkpoint/saves/gamename) it wont show any files. is this correct?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do! thank you so much for helping :)

Another question (for anyone not you specifically) Checkpoint save manager, i did backup my saves but when i check the folder location (2ds/checkpoint/saves/gamename) it wont show any files. is this correct?
No idea, I've never used it. Since JKSM does everything I want it to I have no need to switch to something else....

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No idea, I've never used it. Since JKSM does everything I want it to I have no need to switch to something else....

Lol i swear my card is retarded. Pokemon white2/black 2 do boot up now (both cia forward and normal) but before it goes to the title screen it stays black :/

Sound is glitchy at that point.

Last edited by Nickm23,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol i swear my card is retarded. Pokemon white2/black 2 do boot up now (both cia forward and normal) but before it goes to the title screen it stays black :/

Sound is glitchy at that point.
It might be I mean it's not impossible lol they are all cheaply made, like really cheap. If you decide to buy a new one though go for the R4i Gold RTS, I haven't had a single issue with mine after buying it exactly one year ago today Lol. I've used it for NTRBootHaX and restored it's firmware as well, and everything has stayed the same.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It might be I mean it's not impossible lol they are all cheaply made, like really cheap. If you decide to buy a new one though go for the R4i Gold RTS, I haven't had a single issue with mine after buying it exactly one year ago today Lol. I've used it for NTRBootHaX and restored it's firmware as well, and everything has stayed the same.

thats the one i use aswell :( :P

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats the one i use aswell :( :P
Hmmmmm... Lol maybe it's more to do with your system than the card? Did you go straight from stock to B9S?

Oh also, do you have the roms in a sub directory or on the root? I used to have mine in a "ROMS" folder on the flashcards SD but it didn't always forward right. After putting them all on the root, everything was fixed.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmmmmm... Lol maybe it's more to do with your system than the card? Did you go straight from stock to B9S?

Oh also, do you have the roms in a sub directory or on the root? I used to have mine in a "ROMS" folder on the flashcards SD but it didn't always forward right. After putting them all on the root, everything was fixed.

Yep, straight from 11.6 out of the box to b9s.

all the roms are on the root of the SD card. Its strange that every single game works beside white/black 2 though sadly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: We had our grandkids over yesterday and I got a small above ground swimming pool I filled for...