• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello, all. I am not as much as a noob to exploits, but I am a noob to CFW. So, I just got this New 2DS XL to replace my old 3DS XL (2012-2017, it broke...) And I am thinking about installing Sighax to it. I heard it has a high chance of bricking a console, so I was wondering something. If I do not have a hardmod, and I brick my N2DS doing this, can it be unbricked in any way? BTW, it's firmware is 11.4.0-37U
The chance of bricking is almost none if you do everything correctly, but if you brick it anyways it should always be possible to unbrick it if you made a NAND backup

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello, all. I am not as much as a noob to exploits, but I am a noob to CFW. So, I just got this New 2DS XL to replace my old 3DS XL (2012-2017, it broke...) And I am thinking about installing Sighax to it. I heard it has a high chance of bricking a console, so I was wondering something. If I do not have a hardmod, and I brick my N2DS doing this, can it be unbricked in any way? BTW, it's firmware is 11.4.0-37U
Just follow https://3ds.guide. The chance of bricking is close to zero.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good evening. I bought a DSTWO plus but i can't seem to get it to play 3ds files. The firmware is Ver. 11.6.0-39E. Can i downgrade my console in order to play 3ds files or do i need to buy another console?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Good evening. I bought a DSTWO plus but i can't seem to get it to play 3ds files. The firmware is Ver. 11.6.0-39E. Can i downgrade my console in order to play 3ds files or do i need to buy another console?
The DSTwo + is a Gateway clone, so you need to be on 11.2 or less to use it for 3DS games like Gateway, however, if you use it with Gateway launcher.dat greater than 3.4.1 it may brick your console (Gateway trying to cut down on people buying clones). Version 3.4.1 is only compatible with sysNAND 9.2 and I think 10.3 emuNAND on old 3DS and 9.5 on new 3DS.

So to use the DSTwo you'd need to firstly buy a new 3DS console on a lower firmware, and either miss out completely on new games (if using the older launcher.dat) or risk your console bricking each time you boot into Gateway mode. And in either case there's no good tutorials for you because it is an uncommon setup.

So I would recommend selling it and buying instead an ntrboot capable DS flashcart listed in here https://3ds.guide/ntrboot and then installing CFW. You'll be able to install 3DS games to your home menu to play them and use the DS flashcart later to play DS games.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Piebe

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Luckily i didn't brick my system by running GW without knowing this could happen. Do i need to format my console now because GW is on it? I will sell the DSTWO plus card then.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Luckily i didn't brick my system by running GW without knowing this could happen. Do i need to format my console now because GW is on it? I will sell the DSTWO plus card then.
If you’re on 11.6 you won’t have been able to run Gateway mode so no need to worry (wouldn’t matter if you had and you were converting to CFW anyway).

Reactions: Piebe

Subarashii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with updating Luma on my 3ds. I would just follow the 3ds guide but I'm not sure where to start seeing as my 3ds is already hacked. Its been a while since I've messed around with the homebrew scene so I'm not sure what to do. I'm running and installing legit Cias with no problem the homebrew launcher works and I have Luma although when I start it, it crashes. (so maybe I don't have CFW? Idk) I want to play rom hacks and install non legit Cias. I'm on sys 11.6.0. Thanks in advance

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I need help with updating Luma on my 3ds. I would just follow the 3ds guide but I'm not sure where to start seeing as my 3ds is already hacked. Its been a while since I've messed around with the homebrew scene so I'm not sure what to do. I'm running and installing legit Cias with no problem the homebrew launcher works and I have Luma although when I start it, it crashes. (so maybe I don't have CFW? Idk) I want to play rom hacks and install non legit Cias. I'm on sys 11.6.0. Thanks in advance
Does it go to Luma config if you hold select while booting? If so what version of Luma does it say you have?

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone. I have a CFW Luma3DS B9S N3DS CTRTranfered from US to EU. I have been trying to install DSiWare on it with FBI, specifically flipnote studio. When i look up on google I only find USA CIA's. I thought that would be fine, as Luma3DS is supposed to allow me to play games from all around the world. However after installing the CIA I only get a black screen for a second then a white screen with the top one surrounded with two black layers on each sides, and then nothing. It stays like this. I miss this app so much, but my DSi is broken T-T anyone help ?

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WIN_20180101_01_04_08_Pro (2).jpg

Heres what my screen looks like. I tried leaving it like that for half an hour, nothing.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fell in love with my old 3DS again (after flashing it with CFW), but now I find myself desiring a new 2DS XL for the bigger screen size and faster performance. Still not sure it's worth it, but I'll probably buy it on sale next week.

This time I will have to flash with R4i Gold 3DS Plus to flash my firmware this time. It sounds simple enough, even though I'll have to find/use a magnet and open the cartridge to flip the switch after.

Here's my question, after flashing it with CFW, can I just swap in the same SD card I was using in my Old 3DS? I'd like to not have to go through the painstaking process of re-downloading all the freeshop games, etc.
I imagine this way my save files get backed up and moved over too.

Also, if I plan to give my old 3DS to my co-worker for his kid, can I just make a backup of my SD card to leave CFW working and all the games? How would I make sure to scrub my personal info from the system or SD card? I have a few legit purchases on there pre-CFW that will probably be attached to my Nintendo ID. Do I just delete them and that's it?
DONT FLASH A PLUS. I heard that they are unsafe to flash–try can be bricked. Nobody has publicized a backup, and I'm not sure if NTRBoot_Flasher supports it. It already has SafeB9SInstaller flashed to it anyways.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some games won't work with it on.
Wait, that doesn't make any sense. The N3DS has a higher clock speed, but it's not utilized?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
DONT FLASH A PLUS. I heard that they are unsafe to flash–try can be bricked. Nobody has publicized a backup, and I'm not sure if NTRBoot_Flasher supports it. It already has SafeB9SInstaller flashed to it anyways.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait, that doesn't make any sense. The N3DS has a higher clock speed, but it's not utilized?
Older games were designed for the clock speed of the old 3DS, and the N3DS gets downclocked to play them. If you speed them up, some still work with improvements, some still work with no improvements, some don't work at all

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Older games were designed for the clock speed of the old 3DS, and the N3DS gets downclocked to play them. If you speed them up, some still work with improvements, some still work with no improvements, some don't work at all
Why did they even include a better clock then anyways?
Oh, yeah. N3DS exclusives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...