• Views 4,541,727
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, that makes sense, I might as well just do that.

seems good! I read DSTwo compatibility was good too, so I might get one from eachmall :)

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. I tried to install mii plaza dlc using bigbluebox menu but when I press A to start installing the cia , a black screen appear telling me the SD card was removed. what should I do?

adao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey everyone,

could be a really dumb question but

I recently purchased a 3ds xl with firmware lower than 4.5 and a gateway card. I also recently purchased pokemon omega ruby and have been playing on my old 3ds original.

Is there a way once i've done all the gateway installation on the 3ds xl to just use my original cart of omega ruby and continue playing on the 3ds xl?

or is there a way around it?

thanks

:)

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
hey everyone,

could be a really dumb question but

I recently purchased a 3ds xl with firmware lower than 4.5 and a gateway card. I also recently purchased pokemon omega ruby and have been playing on my old 3ds original.

Is there a way once i've done all the gateway installation on the 3ds xl to just use my original cart of omega ruby and continue playing on the 3ds xl?

or is there a way around it?

thanks

:)

You can use the classic mode of gateway to play with your original game

NutellaSwirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it matter which physical retail game I export the header from? I heard it the physical game has to be
larger than the rom.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi All in paradise!

1. ) Can I ask multiple questions?

I have a brandnew 3DS from Australia and I ordered a Gateway and a Sky3DS als well. So forget the latter for this question, but maybe it is important... I don't know.

2. ) My understanding was that the GW cart comes with a blue card that could be used for playing NDS games. But the supplier I ordered from put a different second card in the package, to be specific a R4i DualCore SDHC. I enquired about that and he replied that he did me a favour, since this particular card could work on my FW, (I have 9.0.20)

3. ) When I want to play online, I don't need the newest FW. I only need the newest FW for eShop. (A friendly fellow from within these forums told me so.) But do I need to sign in to Nintendo Network? I have a NetworkID, I use it on the Wii U in order to play online.

4. ) Say I use the Sky3DS for now and play some games online. Then suddenly Gateway works and I ditch the Sky cart, I install Gateway. Can I keep playing online with the same saves or do I need to make a crucial decision at the beginning.

--

Thank you so much in advance.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All in paradise!

1. ) Can I ask multiple questions?

I have a brandnew 3DS from Australia and I ordered a Gateway and a Sky3DS als well. So forget the latter for this question, but maybe it is important... I don't know.

2. ) My understanding was that the GW cart comes with a blue card that could be used for playing NDS games. But the supplier I ordered from put a different second card in the package, to be specific a R4i DualCore SDHC. I enquired about that and he replied that he did me a favour, since this particular card could work on my FW, (I have 9.0.20)

3. ) When I want to play online, I don't need the newest FW. I only need the newest FW for eShop. (A friendly fellow from within these forums told me so.) But do I need to sign in to Nintendo Network? I have a NetworkID, I use it on the Wii U in order to play online.

4. ) Say I use the Sky3DS for now and play some games online. Then suddenly Gateway works and I ditch the Sky cart, I install Gateway. Can I keep playing online with the same saves or do I need to make a crucial decision at the beginning.

--

Thank you so much in advance.

2) He really did do you a favour! That card should work on current firmwares, while the blue card typically included with gateway only works up to 5.x.

3) You do not need to use an NNID.

4) You can't export decrypted saves from sky3ds, so you will be unable to use them with gateway except in classic mode.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantasy life, animal crossing, zelda a link between worlds

Can I transfer retail cart save to the gateway ?

Thanks!

AC, FL: These are Card2 type, which means you should be able to dump them with the gateway, mount the rom in emunand, and then use savedatafiler to export. Then start a new game, export that with savedatafiler and replace its files with the others; import the save.

Not 100% sure FL is card2, if it isn't then see below.

ALBW: Yes, but only if using 4.5, and only by installing the CFW to extract the save, switch back to gateway, convert rom to .cia, install .cia, export/replace/import. Likely more complicated than it's worth.

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on firmware 8.1 and going to wait the long wait for gateway support.

So that means I should not be playing any games online until then right?

Also when using the gateway and connecting to the internet then is there something in place to keep the 3ds from wanting to update? Or will dialog boxes pop up and ask to update?

When I have the gateway will I also be able to use cartridges if I want? Swap between gateway and a real cartridge without worry ?

Thanks!

adao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use the classic mode of gateway to play with your original game
Thanks for the reply.

Is this even with the 3ds do console still only being on firmware 4.5 or lower? As Pokemon is for a more recent firmware no?

Thanks

thedarkmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got the Sky3DS in the mail with Blue button. Guessing it isn't "Drag'n'Drop" and that I have to use DiskWriter + the newest Template?
Also the fit and finish of the card is not the best and struggles to get into the NEW 3DS and XL, but is fine on my warn out 3DS XL.

Also its 2014, no sping-loaded SD Card slot! FAAARRK

Edit: Yep still requires DiskWriter + the newest Template. And tell me my backed up ROMS from Gateway have extra data but still run fine

Cardzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All

Quick question.
My neice's 3DS was all working fine with recent Gateway with and EMU. I did it all okay.
However she has just rung me and said she is having an issue because she put some old DS games in here system (which ran fine) but now gateway no longer works.

I havn't had a look yet but does anyone know what would of happened? Do I just need to run the exploit (blue card) again?

Thanks

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All

Quick question.
My neice's 3DS was all working fine with recent Gateway with and EMU. I did it all okay.
However she has just rung me and said she is having an issue because she put some old DS games in here system (which ran fine) but now gateway no longer works.

I havn't had a look yet but does anyone know what would of happened? Do I just need to run the exploit (blue card) again?

Thanks

Yes, just run the exploit again using the blue card. For 4.x, you'll have to do that every time any DS games are used.

Boosted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

It's been awhile since I've had the chance to play with my Gateway. So I'm a ways behind on updates. I'm back at version 2.2.

I'm wondering a few things:
  1. Since the release of Super Smash, I read that it requires a 4gb SD card. Currently I only have a 2gb. What steps will I have to do when replacing the old SD card with a new one?
  2. My emuNand is quite old, am I able to update it without issues? Last time I tried, it was black screening my device.
  3. When updating my Gateway v2.2 to 2.7, can I just replace the launcher?
Thanks for taking the time to read/reply and apologies in advance for my lack of knowledge on the subject. Just haven't had a chance to catch up since Gateway 2.2

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

It's been awhile since I've had the chance to play with my Gateway. So I'm a ways behind on updates. I'm back at version 2.2.

I'm wondering a few things:
  1. Since the release of Super Smash, I read that it requires a 4gb SD card. Currently I only have a 2gb. What steps will I have to do when replacing the old SD card with a new one?
  2. My emuNand is quite old, am I able to update it without issues? Last time I tried, it was black screening my device.
  3. When updating my Gateway v2.2 to 2.7, can I just replace the launcher?
Thanks for taking the time to read/reply and apologies in advance for my lack of knowledge on the subject. Just haven't had a chance to catch up since Gateway 2.2

Changing SD card. Just copy everything off it, and stick it on the new one.
Launcher .dat, just download the latest and replace it.

Emunand can be dealt with one of two ways.

Just use the format emunand option again, let it create fresh, make sure you see gw3d, then just update as normal.

or

Extract emunand from old card using this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
Format emunand with new card to create the partition, then use the above tool to inject your emunand back in, then update to latest version.

I think if you've downloaded anything from eshop, extracting emunand will keep it. Formating and starting fresh will require you to redownload.

As always, make sure it shows GW3D in system settings before using the update option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8