• Views 4,521,436
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've found a couple of very different guides of how to unlink sysnand and emunand, and I'm just curious which is better to format and if anyone has a link to a safe, proven guide that would be great.

Thanks!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found a couple of very different guides of how to unlink sysnand and emunand, and I'm just curious which is better to format and if anyone has a link to a safe, proven guide that would be great.

Thanks!
thats really a matter of choice "my 2ds was new out the box so i did not need to worry" but consider you will be playing and installing 3ds cias to emunand as well as . . . hmm "it takes me too long to type it all out you can read this" http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/
and as for a working guide i followed the unlinking nand section of this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) this guide will have you format sysnand as you skip sysnand when you use menuhax(themehax) to autoboot emunand so if you want to autoboot then that's a serious plus
Would I be able to spoof a FW so I can use Nintendo network?
when you get the system and complete the guide you will be in sysnand 9.2 or 9.0 and emunand (emunand is a emulated copy of your 3ds "2ds in your case" system firmware)10.x (latest) so you will not need to spoof to use the e shop (i dont understand why anyone really cares tho 3ds cfw is for piracy) also with hans (a homebrew app) you can spoof fw in sysnand as well and still access eshop there as well

Last edited by wormdood,

Trophies
XP
Country
thats really a matter of choice "my 2ds was new out the box so i did not need to worry" but consider you will be playing and installing 3ds cias to emunand as well as . . . hmm "it takes me too long to type it all out you can read this" http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/
when you get the system and complete the guide you will be in sysnand 9.2 or 9.0 and emunand (emunand is a emulated copy of your 3ds "2ds in your case" system firmware)10.x (latest) so you will not need to spoof to use the e shop (i dont understand why anyone really cares tho 3ds cfw is for piracy) also with hans (a homebrew app) you can spoof fw in sysnand as well and still access eshop there as well
Ah, okay

I've just brought the 2ds so I wil look into it when it comes

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So yeah i've got a ton of questions which i couldn't find answers in the original threads - mostly belonging to emunand.

First i've followed the following Tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/
Which means i have created now a emunand on the micro-sd and extracted it from the micro-sd-card and i have the pasta-cfw set up and can go into gateway with the cia-cubeninja hax.

The PastaCFW Version from this Tutorials zip-file.

Question 1: Do i understand it right now that my emunand and sysnand are linked (i haven't formatted any nand yet)?

In the Mega-Thread for Emunand everything was understandable besides one point: I want to use the emunand mainly and have my sysnand as a last resort if i f*ck up with the emunand, so that i can restore from the sysnand my emunand

Question 2: Can i now boot into emunand and install the cia files and play games normaly?
Question 3: Can i then use the emunand without restrictions? (Online Play with cia-files)
Question 3: What would be the easiest way to boot into emunand? I have menuhax v2.0 downloaded already but not installed on sysnand... do i need something more?

I would try to update the PastaCFW to Version 1.3 beta7 as a next step... in hope it boots more reliable but the emunand questions are open :(

Thx in advance!

Last edited by Seelbreaker,

rafalince

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Iam Using RX TooLS 3.0b , i did the DS exploit, my 3ds on 4.2 version. When i Install the FBI Injection on EMunand, and start the emunand and the heatl&security, the FBI do not start, only start the health & security, why ? My FBi is v2052

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah i've got a ton of questions which i couldn't find answers in the original threads - mostly belonging to emunand.

First i've followed the following Tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/
Which means i have created now a emunand on the firmware and extracted it from the sd-card and i have the pasta-firmware set up and can go into gateway with the cia-cubeninja hax.

Question 1: Do i understand it right now that my emunand and sysnand are linked (i haven't formatted any nand yet)?

In the Mega-Thread for Emunand everything was understandable besides one point: I want to use the emunand mainly and have my sysnand as a last resort if i f*ck up with the emunand, so that i can restore from the sysnand my emunand

Question 2: Can i now boot into emunand and install the cia files and play games normaly?
Question 3: Can i then use the emunand without restrictions? (Online Play with cia-files)
Question 3: What would be the easiest way to boot into emunand? I have menuhax v2.0 downloaded already but not installed on sysnand... do i need something more?

Thx in advance!
1: correct nands start off linked yo if you have not formatted then they still are linked
1.2?: restoring emunand is what this tool is for Emunand Tool
2: if you completed the guide (have a cia installer on your emunand) then yes
3.1: yes sir
3.2: menuhax https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=LcAMVMpXjzo

Iam Using RX TooLS 3.0b , i did the DS exploit, my 3ds on 4.2 version. When i Install the FBI Injection on EMunand, and start the emunand and the heatl&security, the FBI do not start, only start the health & security, why ? My FBi is v2052
use this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) it uses a newer version of rxtools and i think that along with the clear detailed instructions there will help a lot

Reactions: Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1: correct nands start off linked yo if you have not formatted then they still are linked
1.2?: restoring emunand is what this tool is for Emunand Tool
2: if you completed the guide (have a cia installer on your emunand) then yes
3.1: yes sir
3.2: menuhax https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=LcAMVMpXjzo

use this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) it uses a newer version of rxtools and i think that along with the clear detailed instructions there will help a lot

You Sir, helped me now a LOT! Thank you very much! Though i have 2 further questions, please bear with me again :)

What i forgot to mention - i have a New 3DS XL! <-- may be important for answering my questions right? :)
As for the cia installer, i just installed FBI on the sysnand while in pastacfw and cubeninja

Question 4: Should i unlink my NANDS by formatting sysnand without the sd-card because of the problem with the same ids and the saves on the micro-sd?(i do know that i have to redo the tutorial so that i can get menuhax working for emunandboot but on the other side i haven't used the n3dsXL for playing because the first thing which i wanted to do is hax)

Question 5: Can i just hit the update Button on emunand and install on this way the latest n3ds firmware on emunand? (saw some different posts which said emunand is only supported till 9.5/9.8 and so on).

Question 6: When the Emunand is updated to the latest Version - is there still a way to inject cia-files? (i would assume that i can't use hax or cfw on emunand when emunand is on 10.x)

Last edited by Seelbreaker,

rafalince

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried it , but when i install FBI Inject, but when i try start the FBI on Health&safety nothing happens, onlye the Heath&Safety opens. ( iam using emunand)
So you have been using STEP 4a - Only for users without the Gateway card or a Cubic Ninja game (O3DS and 2DS)?

and you did Step 7 before? entering health & safety?

rafalince

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So you have been using STEP 4a - Only for users without the Gateway card or a Cubic Ninja game (O3DS and 2DS)?

Yes i did, iam a user without flashcards, and i did the seven. I think i solved the problem. My emunand is on 4.2 and i read in another forum that i have update the emunand to 9.8 or above to works. I am trying to update my Emunand To test it. But i have another question : Can i read .3ds files of games with emunand rxtoolsCFW ? Or i only can install .cias to play ?

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi

is there a risk for saves of a retail game to be corrupted or anything if i run the game on emuNand (rxTools or gateway emunand).

Today i did some stuff on pokemon Y and Sapphire without any trouble, but i also did stuff on a .3DS (or 3DZ, i'm not sure) ROM and on the 1st launch it was said that the save where corrupted.

Did i play with fire by using my retail games on emunand :/ ?

rafalince

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Confirming . I solved the problem , updated the emunand and it worked! Now again my last question , I can use .3ds files to play with CFW ( rx tools) or have to install .CIAS every time I want to play ?

Freckles71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I used them, Took 3 weeks from china despite what it says about ireland, I also got no replies from emails, but tracking did work on/off from the link.
note: this wont play .3ds roms .ds roms only

Thanks for the reply. The only reason I bought from them was that it was delivered inside the EU as stated on their website,I suppose I'll have to pay a customs charge?

I got the tracking to work,says it has been in transit since 31/10/15. Also it doesn't say on the website that it won't play 3DS games? It does say the card is compatible with FW 10 on the 3DS.

Anyway,thanks again for the reply.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to repeat an older post of mine that unfortunately got lost in the dust of all the HANS news. Anyway, I have a .CIA of my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles and some of my DSiWare eShop titles. I've installed them with DevMenu in emuNAND, but whenever I attempt to boot them I get that lovely black screen saying an error has occurred. Is there a specific way to install N3DS .CIAs and DSiWare .CIAs that I didn't follow here?

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,

undeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys... I have a N3DS with 9.0.0-20U, I'm following the https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/ tutorial and I'm stuck on the part where I should backup my sysnand. The progression bar wont move. Every time I press "B" to cancel, it says it's complete, but the sysnand.bin becomes bigger if I wait more... I've canceled it after 1h15min and It has 1.95GB... I'll let through the night and tomorrow I'll see the size of it... Anyway, what should I do?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Last edited by undeon,

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
I need help on how to unbrick my 3ds, i change my sysnand region and emunand to euro but has duplicate titles on it, then decided to delete all the system titles on my emunand,and install again the updates, well it works but when i did it on my sysnand while on rx tools, delete the system titles then reinstall it, after accessing system settings it hangs, then i press the power button then now, it wont boot up.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help on how to unbrick my 3ds, i change my sysnand region and emunand to euro but has duplicate titles on it, then decided to delete all the system titles on my emunand,and install again the updates, well it works but when i did it on my sysnand while on rx tools, delete the system titles then reinstall it, after accessing system settings it hangs, then i press the power button then now, it wont boot up.
you deleted them all huh . . . so it is a full brick . . . the only way to fix this is with your own nand backup from that system and a hardmod . . . there is no other way you can find a 3ds hardmod walk-through at instructables.com (from what i hear) or some people here will do it (the hardmod that is) for a small fee (i dont have any names sorry)
I'm going to repeat an older post of mine that unfortunately got lost in the dust of all the HANS news. Anyway, I have a .CIA of my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles and some of my DSiWare eShop titles. I've installed them with DevMenu in emuNAND, but whenever I attempt to boot them I get that lovely black screen saying an error has occurred. Is there a specific way to install N3DS .CIAs and DSiWare .CIAs that I didn't follow here?
dsiware and/or gba cias must be installed to systmnand as well in order to use them from emunand
and as far as the n3ds only title xenoblade it should work from emunand my thought is its a bad dump (re-dump it) or otherwise incomplete download (re-download it)

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: vhaines

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, Mario Moonlight exists?