Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just got a 2ds with 6.0 firmware. What route should I go in regards to cfw?
Follow this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Just got a 2ds with 6.0 firmware. What route should I go in regards to cfw?
Also follow
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ but don't try to downgrade MSET, you can use the ds profile exploit directly on your version. Just select the 6.x option when booting rxtools.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I recently received a 9.0.0-20U Nintendo New 3DS XL (Majora's Mask Edition! :D). I've formatted and installed a 64 GB micro SDXC card. I should be ready to start setting up CFW. I'm not sure where to start. I know I currently have no intention of purchasing a flashcart. I do have a copy of CN since I've been dabbling in Smea's HBL on my 10.1.0-27U o3DS XL and 9.9.0-26U o3DS XL.

I've been looking at this article (http://hackinformer.com/2015/07/03/beginners-guide-cfw-3ds/) as a comprehensive list of available CFWs. I've read rxTools is compatible with N3DS consoles yet the website seems to say otherwise. Because it would seem the article and the rxTools website are out of date, I was hoping someone would be able/willing to point me toward more current CFW sources.
Install this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cakesfw.391200/ but go to the last page or second last page of comments where the cakes 102 files are. Use those as well as the instructions on the first page. You will need to find a firmware.bin and a slot key file yourself. But that's the only hard part, the rest is easy.

Reactions: Mythrandir

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick problem regarding Emunand on N3DS (9.0). So, I have rxtools (Older version, had trouble booting nightlies), and it works well enough. I can boot Emunand (RX-E in System Settings) and Sysnand. However, I'm having trouble doing anything on Emunand. I can't inject FBI into H&S from rxtools (Only region shows up when checking TMD version) or Decrypt9 (Which gives a "No Emunand detected" error). Since I'm not going to go screwing around with my Sysnand, I'm kind of stuck. Any ideas?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Super noob question but all the guides I read don't quite hit the mark.

How do I update my 4.5u o3ds to a 9.0 fw? I wanted to run rxtools but all the guides say I have to start around 9.0 to 9.2 fw...

I rented Bravely Default to push it to 4.5 from 1.1.0 since I thought it would help a bit but I still don't have access to the browser.

Did I do it right? I saw that yo-kai watch will update to 9.0 and it is available for rent too. Should I stick with a game-forced update or is there another way? After this, I can follow the well made guides all the way I guess. Just got confused with the updating firmware part...
If you don't have a browser DON'T update past 4.x with a game cartridge. Install rxtools, then update using the 9.2 cia files using devMode and sysupdater. (If you don't you will brick) follow this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/

If you update with a game cartridge it will be really hard to do any more hacks as most require a browser. It's only on 4.x that you can do nearly everything you want with no browser.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another noob question:
I'm about to buy a NSDS XL Majora's Mask edition.
Looking at couple of guides and they all mention -formating sysNAND/Unlink sysNAND and emuNAND - would that means I will loose my pre installed game copy of Zelda...?
If you make an emuNAND then format sysNAND (with the SD card out) the game will be on emuNAND. However there's no harm if you stuff it up, you can always reinstall it as a cia file.

mrexodia97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A few questions now from me, i have an 4.5 EU 3DS and no NDS-Flashcard, but the NDS-Mode exploit installed.

I can access the Gateway menu through that and also created an 4.5 Emunand which i access in rxmode through the rxtools browser exploit.

But now i want to install CIA's and the Homebrew Menu, but how can i do it?
If i update to 10.3, i can't use Browserhax. And even if could, can i install CIA's and Themehax in 10.3?

So, what is the best way to get what i want? I have only Super Pokemon Mysterydungeon (Japanese) as Game to update with.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
A few questions now from me, i have an 4.5 EU 3DS and no NDS-Flashcard, but the NDS-Mode exploit installed.

I can access the Gateway menu through that and also created an 4.5 Emunand which i access in rxmode through the rxtools browser exploit.

But now i want to install CIA's and the Homebrew Menu, but how can i do it?
If i update to 10.3, i can't use Browserhax. And even if could, can i install CIA's and Themehax in 10.3?

So, what is the best way to get what i want? I have only Super Pokemon Mysterydungeon (Japanese) as Game to update with.
To install cias, you need a cia installer. Inject FBI and use that to install DevMenu or bigbluemenu. Then you can install games. You will want to have an updated emuNAND because otherwise you are limited to 2013 or earlier games.

leader-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally getting around to doing something with my 8.1.0-0J New 3DS. So far I've managed to gleam that I'm going to need to use a combination of browserhax and menuhax, but past that I'm clueless. What's the best path to playing retail games from another region? Am I going to have any trouble because I'm not on 9.2? Is CFW an option for me? I don't have -any- physical Japanese carts or a 3DS flashcart so game based exploits are probably out of the question. Also, if possible I'd like to retain some kind of online functionality. I'm assuming eShop access would be too much to ask for, but maybe online games and Mii Plaza stuff is still on the table.

tl;dr I just opened a Japanese New 3DS I bought a long time ago and can't discern what my best options are.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Finally getting around to doing something with my 8.1.0-0J New 3DS. So far I've managed to gleam that I'm going to need to use a combination of browserhax and menuhax, but past that I'm clueless. What's the best path to playing retail games from another region? Am I going to have any trouble because I'm not on 9.2? Is CFW an option for me? I don't have -any- physical Japanese carts or a 3DS flashcart so game based exploits are probably out of the question. Also, if possible I'd like to retain some kind of online functionality. I'm assuming eShop access would be too much to ask for, but maybe online games and Mii Plaza stuff is still on the table.

tl;dr I just opened a Japanese New 3DS I bought a long time ago and can't discern what my best options are.
Unfortunately your only option is Gateway. There are people working on how to update Japanese n3Ds in 8.1 to 9.0-9.2, have a search for them to see if there's any updates. There was a way a while ago but Nintendo removed the required files from their servers.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Gateway is your only option as of now, but you still need a retail copy of a japanese Cubic Ninja (or a Sky3ds with a Japanese Cubic Ninja rom in it) to set it up.

You can't use browserhax neither menuhax in 8.1-0J

Alternatively @Ronhero can do the update for you, he is a trusted member so you can be sure you aren't getting scammed or anything.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: Ronhero

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cakesfw.391200/ but go to the last page or second last page of comments where the cakes 102 files are. Use those as well as the instructions on the first page. You will need to find a firmware.bin and a slot key file yourself. But that's the only hard part, the rest is easy.
I found this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...to-new3ds-fw-ver-9-2-with-ninjhax-1-x.397794/

Is it more optimal to skip installing Pasta CFW? Are you willing to provide any hints as to where to look for legitimate firmware.bin and slot key (cetk?) files?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I found this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...to-new3ds-fw-ver-9-2-with-ninjhax-1-x.397794/

Is it more optimal to skip installing Pasta CFW? Are you willing to provide any hints as to where to look for legitimate firmware.bin and slot key (cetk?) files?
I don't think you'll need to use pasta. That guide is probably outdated - if a tutorial thread hasn't had any activity in the last two weeks probably best to look for a different one. To install mset on your new 3DS, follow the gateway guide (PDF on their site) up to downgrading system settings and installing mset. Except, then use the cakes ROP instead of the gateway one (the nds file for your ds flashcart, or there are other ways if you don't have a ds flashcart) and have all the cakes files in their correct places on your SD card.

To find slot key/firmware.bin, I guess just do some general searching. If you pm me your email address I will email you mine once I get home.

Reactions: Mythrandir

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
hey i unlinked my system and emu nand and now when i install my cia files i cant see them anymore when booting in pasta or sytemnand. i cant get tinto gateway mode either becaus i was using cubic ninja .cia for that

Last edited by cid xiv,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i unlinked my system and emu nand and now when i install my cia files i cant see them anymore when booting in pasta or sytemnand. i cant get tinto gateway mode either becaus i was using cubic ninja .cia for that

That's normal, that means they are unlinked, all the cias you had are in emunand only, you have to install CubicNinja.cia on your sysnand again.

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i was installing but they didnt show up, i had to coppie folders from the system nand to emu so they mirrored each other then go to the system, 3ds manager and restore the files.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone have the android browser hacks link? or even better anyone want to tell me the risks/if i should do the MSET exploit?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone have the android browser hacks link? or even better anyone want to tell me the risks/if i should do the MSET exploit?
. . . is this what you mean 3DS X-Loader
also there is no risk involved with installing mset if it did screw up then it would only be ds mode anyhow when you load a ds game the 3ds fixes the profile anyway so it can be simply restored

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
so whats the best/current guide for the MSET? i was planning on using the official gateway guide, if i follow the steps on that i should be right yeah?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so whats the best/current guide for the MSET? i was planning on using the official gateway guide, if i follow the steps on that i should be right yeah?
i don't think the is a guide for mset specifically ts is usually covered bu the cfw guide or gateways respectively and if you want to boot gateway card then yup use gateways mset
if its for rxtools then you can find instructions here [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ban, ban, ban