• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I recently fucked up by using a microsd card on an old 3ds (believe me, don't use them, they are VERY unstable.), So I bought a new sd card for my 3ds. Problem is, starting over isnt working. I was able to load gateway once, but after I formatted my emunand, my 3ds crashes when I try to go into rxtools. If anyone could help it would be lovely. Thanks everyone :D

Me and a lot of other users use micro SD cards in old 3DS' and 2DS' and there is nothing unstable about them, maybe you should just buy good quality memory cards and not crappy ones...

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or does devmenu not like 128gb sd cards? Devmenu launches fine on all of my other cards, just not my 128gb one. Anyone else hear of or experience this issue?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, you have been very helpful, so I am back. I made an oversight when I asked my question last time, and uncovered some new info.

So here is what happened. I asked if I could update my 3DS's emuNAND to the latest 10.3 or whatever it is now because I want to play Yokai watch. In the process of considering which 3DS to update (I have 2, I'll get to that in a second) I found out that my DSTWO+ has yet to support games on anything past 9.9. No big deal, I can just use Gateway. What I did not specify in my question is that my other 3DS LL is Japanese.

So I updated my Japanese LL's emuNAND to the latest firmware. The 3DS hangs after running the profile exploit and showing the GW 3 menu. Is there a new gateway file I need to have on my Gateway microSD to boot with a 10.3(I think, I honestly do not know what the latest Japanese firmware is) emuNAND?

Again, thanks for being so fast and helpful with your replies.
Is it an old 3DS LL or a New 3DS LL?

If it's a New 3DS LL, the emuNAND can only be update to a maximum of 9.5.0-23. Beyond that emuNAND won't boot due to the 9.6 encryption. If you have an emuNAND backup, you can revert to that by using EmuNAND Tool. Otherwise, unfortunately the only other option is to format a new emuNAND.

If it's an old 3DS, just be sure you have the latest Gateway launcher on your mSD and it should work without any problems.

Reactions: BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it an old 3DS LL or a New 3DS LL?

If it's a New 3DS LL, the emuNAND can only be update to a maximum of 9.5.0-23. Beyond that emuNAND won't boot due to the 9.6 encryption. If you have an emuNAND backup, you can revert to that by using EmuNAND Tool. Otherwise, unfortunately the only other option is to format a new emuNAND.

If it's an old 3DS, just be sure you have the latest Gateway launcher on your mSD and it should work without any problems.
Old 3DS LL. I must not have the newest launcher on the card. Thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is it just me or does devmenu not like 128gb sd cards? Devmenu launches fine on all of my other cards, just not my 128gb one. Anyone else hear of or experience this issue?
DevMenu won't recognise free space greater than ... some amount, not sure how much. Maybe 64GB. There was discussion on this topic in a thread that was called "help I ran out of space for my games" or something along those lines ... for more details do a search for that thread. Or maybe another member will be able to fill in the gaps

Reactions: SmellyPirateMonkey

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DevMenu won't recognise free space greater than ... some amount, not sure how much. Maybe 64GB. There was discussion on this topic in a thread that was called "help I ran out of space for my games" or something along those lines ... for more details do a search for that thread. Or maybe another member will be able to fill in the gaps
I finally figured it out. Found an old thread with the same issue. I had to shrink the partition to 90GB. Now all is working

Reactions: Quantumcat

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
looking to install (inject mostly gba roms) but some (nds) anyone tell me how to do it, obviously the best and easiest way to do it or a link to a tut......i have o3ds on 4.5sysnad 1.5.0-28e emunand....profile rx tools nightles also cubic ninja installed as cia giving access to hbc etc etc cheers guys thx.....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

looking to install (inject mostly gba roms) but some (nds) anyone tell me how to do it, obviously the best and easiest way to do it or a link to a tut......i have o3ds on 4.5sysnad 1.5.0-28e emunand....profile rx tools nightles also cubic ninja installed as cia giving access to hbc etc etc cheers guys thx.....
sorry mistype there....emunand is 10-3.0-28e ninjhax 2.5 full access to homebrew but note all done in emunand nowt done in sysnand

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got another couple of noob questions while I'm at it. How do i patch games to work on lower firmware. Or patch games to make region free? Is there a tutorial out there? I just did some searching and I couldn't find any solid info.

I've been using Simple CIA converter v4.3 but the game freezes at load screen for both trying to remove region lock and patching for lower firmware.

Would greatly appreciate if someone could help

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all you di is click firmware spoof which takes out all the region lock stuff.....
Hm I did that. Maybe it can't be done on certain games because I last tried triforce heroes and it froze at the 3ds logo. That and majora's mask eur would crash at the load screen on a usa console

Last edited by SmellyPirateMonkey,

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm I did that. Maybe it can't be done on certain games because I last tried triforce heroes and it froze at the 3ds logo. That and majora's mask eur would crash at the load screen on a usa console

Tri force heroes you need to go to another ISO site and look for a Cryptofixed version of tri force heroes .youll find one there........

Reactions: SmellyPirateMonkey

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question regarding the eshop. So, I have 9.5 Emunand on my N3DS. I've tried to access the Eshop by updating NVer to the latest version, and using Hans, but the eshop just hangs at the initial screen (With the smiling bag...) forever. Any ideas?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry mistype there....emunand is 10-3.0-28e ninjhax 2.5 full access to homebrew but note all done in emunand nowt done in sysnand

You have to install the GBA games both to sysnand and emunand to play them in emunand.

You can't play nds games with rxTools, you'll need a DS flashcart.

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both Ninjhax and Ironhax works in the latest update, it stopped working because you didn't bother updating the PAYLOAD before updating the 3DS firmware, you could have done that with Ironhax itself, that was a mistake on your side.
I see. That's too bad but oh well nothing I can do about the Ironhax. Thanks for your help.

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlink your nands if you haven't done it first.

You can install a CubicNinja.cia in sysnand, boot rxTools in sysnand and install Menuhax that way ;)
I installed menuhax and set it to boot into rxmode, but it always goes to the emunand. How do I go into the rxmode-sysnand? Even when I get into the rxtools menu and select sysnand it runs the hax and goes back to emunand

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

So I am pretty new to the Homebrew and Flashcart scene. I own a N3DS and I am on Ver. 10.3.0-28U, bust.. I know (I've been reading up on a lot of comments regarding this firmware). But, I just recently bought this 3DS, it is the Zelda Gamestop Exclusive. I really want to know if there is any regret-less way (non bricking or harmful) to play GBA titles on this specific handheld? I bought a Link between worlds and would like to at least start the story from a relevant point in the timeline.

Any suggestions?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. That's too bad but oh well nothing I can do about the Ironhax. Thanks for your help.

If you get the Sky3ds+ you can install Ninjhax and use that to install Ironhax again.

That way you can boot Ironhax to load the region free launcher and use out of regiom games in the Sky3ds+ without having to scroll through the roms to load Cubic Ninja every time.

I installed menuhax and set it to boot into rxmode, but it always goes to the emunand. How do I go into the rxmode-sysnand? Even when I get into the rxtools menu and select sysnand it runs the hax and goes back to emunand

First load rxTools menu, choose to boot rxMode into sysnand and then keep any buttons pressed so it doesn't loop back to Menuhax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +1